U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 AM

7,185 posts, read 2,760,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epson Exile View Post
I think the RNC is drastically underestimating the blow back from this. I don't mind a Brokered Convention that comes around naturally. But one that is forced by the RNC via power and money.......
So you are saying that nobody would voluntarily decide that any of the others is the best candidate? That they have to be forced by the RNC, power and money to vote for someone other than trump?

Over 50% of the republican vote so far has gone for someone other than trump, and it all because of the RNC?

Y'all trump supporters have a really inflated view of your importance. Other voters out number you, and all you can do is say it is a conspiracy, and not admit that your candidate is not the majority's choice.

Gaaah! I do hope that trump takes off as an independent (empty threats or what? either s==t or get of the pot, dude!) and gives the republican party back to those who are actually republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 06:50 AM

3,677 posts, read 4,208,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If nothing drastic changes, Trump is the nominee.
This.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:15 AM

698 posts, read 526,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
I voted for Marco Rubio. And my opposition can't think of anything to say about him except "He's Short."

So he must be pretty damn good.
So you are a Rubio fan and concoct a scenario where Rubio is the nominee. Not surprising. I think Rubio is losing by way too wide a margain to be considered as the Republican candidate. I also think that many of those Trump voters won't vote at all for any of the other candidates, especially not Marco Rubio. I don't know if Trump gets his delegate count to 1237, but if he does't, he will still likely have the most and will probably wind up being the nominee.

Last edited by ticking; 03-09-2016 at 07:29 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 07:32 AM

5,602 posts, read 4,945,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
I voted for Marco Rubio. And my opposition can't think of anything to say about him except "He's Short."

So he must be pretty damn good.
That's funny. Good at what? Collecting a taxpayer funded paycheck while not doing his job and missing 80% of votes? Using Republican party funds to finance his family reunion, $150 haircut, $15,000 driveway renovation? Getting rewarded for pushing through legislation that directly benefited his donors?

Apparently the opposition has said all they need to about Rubio by withholding their votes. The guy has only won 2 states and is far, far behind in delegates.

I'd be shocked if he won Florida. Too many reports by constituents who say they never received any kind of response from Rubio when they asked for his help or intervention. But apparently the Rubio team kept the emails and addresses of those constituents since they later got requests for a campaign contribution. Shameful.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:33 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,105,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And if Trump reacts by staging an independent campaign Hillary wins .

Or Trump & Sanders run together as the Non-Establishment Party (NEP)
and are swept into the White House over Clinton & Rob-io.........

Old 03-09-2016, 07:42 AM

598 posts, read 1,117,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epson Exile View Post
I think the RNC is drastically underestimating the blow back from this. I don't mind a Brokered Convention that comes around naturally. But one that is forced by the RNC via power and money.......
Agree 100% with this. If Trump is "railroaded in any way from the nomination other than a legitame loss in delegate counts....I wont ever vote for a Republican again. I'm not alone in this thinking with people I have discussed this with. I don't care if you think Trump isn't a good candidate or if he will lose the election to Hilary. If the people give him the primary votes to earn the delegates....then he should be the nominee. This whole circus of the establishment Republicans demonizing Trump reminds me of the saying:
"Thou dost protest too loudly". I think this will backfire on the Republican party.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:47 AM

1,179 posts, read 602,369 times
How about the GOP establishment take a clue from the people who are voting?

Who are the people voting for so far?

The pathetic establishment will lose big if they screw around with Trump. People are already pissed about the do nothing congress and the GOP establishment as a whole. Most republican voters want an outsider according to exit polls.

GOP establishment, get your act together before you blow it for our party. End of story.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:49 AM

10,822 posts, read 4,042,892 times
If a candidate gets to 1,237 delegates before the convention, that candidate will be the nominee. Case closed. Either that or a massive act of breathtaking political corruption will have to take place on a scale that none of us has seen during our lifetimes (as far as we know).

If Cruz and Trump have upwards of 80% of the delegates combined going into the convention, but neither has a majority, then it will require a "brokered" convention. At that point, either of these two would be a legitimate option.

Let's take a scenario that looks something like this going into the convention (based on %)

Delegates
Trump 42
Cruz 40
Rubio 12
Kasich 6

On the first ballot, the delegates vote as above. On the second ballot, the original Trump and Cruz delegates are still as above. The Rubio delegates alone could put Trump or Cruz over the top, if they voted as a block. Or some portion of the Rubio delegates and all of the Kasich delegates could do the same thing. The permutations and combinations are almost endless, as are the opportunities for backroom dealing and payoffs and such. In any case, it should be pretty easy for them to make a decision and put either Trump or Cruz over the top and produce a nominee.

However, if the Republican establishment running the convention takes that opportunity to cram through John Kasich with 6% of the delegates, or Mitt Romney or someone like that, who they are obviously partial to, in blatant disregard of the will of the people in the nominating process, then they will deserve whatever happens to them next. And at that point, there will be millions of Republican voters - who are already in a state of open revolt - that are literally going to want to kill these guys.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:50 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,000,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Agree 100% with this. If Trump is "railroaded in any way from the nomination other than a legitame loss in delegate counts....I wont ever vote for a Republican again. I'm not alone in this thinking with people I have discussed this with. I don't care if you think Trump isn't a good candidate or if he will lose the election to Hilary. If the people give him the primary votes to earn the delegates....then he should be the nominee. This whole circus of the establishment Republicans demonizing Trump reminds me of the saying:
"Thou dost protest too loudly". I think this will backfire on the Republican party.
Agreed and repped. They have been on thin ice with me for awhile, doing everything possible to lose it seems. They have no balls, and bend over constantly. If they play this game I'm gone for good and I'm not alone.

Someone said we should leave the party for the "real republicans" lol. If real republicans are Romney, Rubio, McConnell and Paul Ryan etc then guess what....you can have your joke of a party then. A constant stream of losers with no backbone, what a sorry bunch.

Trump or nothing...

Old 03-09-2016, 07:51 AM

10,797 posts, read 13,699,103 times
I think there are many Republicans who would rather see the party collapse than see Trump be their spokesperson.

Anyway, if another nominee is selected at the conventionn, 100% Trump runs independent and the election is handed to Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or