U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:07 AM

11,758 posts, read 5,525,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's already been proven that he's drawing dems to vote for him in large numbers in open primaries. Like it or not, that's real. You can be in denial as much as you want to be. Keep sticking your head in the sand and see how much that helps your cause.
But I can't help but wonder how many of those Democrats are the Democrats-in-name-only types that you find in KY or WV (think Kim Davis), and how many were true supporters for Mr. Trump versus those who are trying to get Mr. Trump to be the opponent for Hillary/Bernie (as opposed to someone more moderate - allegedly - and electable like Kasich or Rubio).

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 08:12 AM

179 posts, read 93,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What you don't seem to have grasped is those who argue that are being marginalized more and more every day. Look at Graham.....he says it all the time and what is the reaction? The reaction is "go away Lindsey".
I didn't hate Lindsey Graham until he came out against Trump. I didn't hate Romney until he came out against Trump. I didn't hate Rick Perry, until he (just this morning) came out against Trump.

There's "I personally don't like him" and then there's "I'm taking the totality of my political credibility and using it to persuade everyone I can to prevent Trump's nomination.", to give people some sense of where the line is between expressing a personal opinion and becoming permanently hated.

Point is, these Establishment Republicans are all committing suicide. This election is going to be over at some point, but the political consequences of their continued actions will be felt for the rest of their political careers. Will ANYONE take Lindsey Graham seriously, ever again, even if Donald Trump loses? Will anyone forgive Rick Perry's drug-addled idiocy early in the campaign, now that he's firmly established himself as the Enemy? Whether Trump himself wins or loses, we still know now exactly who the Enemy is, and it's NOT the Democrats. We expect that from them. It's who they are, and it's what they do. Betrayal, treason, traitors, liars and corrupt, self-interested liars inside your own Party are a much more serious problem. We kill spies and those disloyal to the cause; those that would betray the trust of the American people in order to further there own personal and political interests, first. Each time one of these idiots stands up and says something stupid, we have a brand new target declaring himself.

And that's a good thing.

I LIKE it when these professional government parasites seek to manipulate the process and thwart the will of the American People. It's like a muslim fundamentalist terrorist standing up and loudly declaring their intentions BEFORE the suicide bombing. We know exactly who they are now, and taking them out is easy, as well as priority #1.

As far as the elections go, I personally don't care because I don't think that, even with Trump as President, the rest of Congress (or the judiciary) is going to change. What's happening now is the political establishment is openly showing the American people who they are, and the level of contempt they have for the American people, and the country itself. As far as they are concerned, we exist to keep them in power, and that's out ONLY purpose for existence. They've forgotten who we are, and what we're capable of, and how dangerous we are. People, we're dangerous. To them. Civil war is inevitable, in my opinion. The country is on a non-sustainable path of self-destruction and the enemy is stupid enough to let us all see clearly who they are, and the lack of respect they have for us, and the level of contempt they have for us, and they will be punished for that stupidity, and that arrogance.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:25 AM

11,857 posts, read 5,031,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
But I can't help but wonder how many of those Democrats are the Democrats-in-name-only types that you find in KY or WV (think Kim Davis), and how many were true supporters for Mr. Trump versus those who are trying to get Mr. Trump to be the opponent for Hillary/Bernie (as opposed to someone more moderate - allegedly - and electable like Kasich or Rubio).

Mick
Does it really matter? Take a look at how he's doing and how well he had done in states with large populations of democrats. Michigan is a great example and there is little doubt he will be winning Florida and has a very good chance at Ohio. When he wins New York, and he will be a landslide, all doubt will go away.
States like Kentucky, West Virginia and a few others are a given. They are icing on the cake for Trump.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:31 AM

10,707 posts, read 13,621,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Does it really matter? Take a look at how he's doing and how well he had done in states with large populations of democrats. Michigan is a great example and there is little doubt he will be winning Florida and has a very good chance at Ohio. When he wins New York, and he will be a landslide, all doubt will go away.
States like Kentucky, West Virginia and a few others are a given. They are icing on the cake for Trump.
It matters for the general election. Someone earlier said something about Trump picking up 5 Democrats for every establishment Republican he loses. And then they tell you that it's YOU who has their head in the sand.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 AM

3,461 posts, read 1,844,779 times
If establishment GOP wants to get rid of Trump before the convention, they're going to have to thin out the field and decide who they want to work with. Just like Bush, Rubio isn't getting any traction no matter how much money they throw at him, so they need to ask themselves if they can work with Cruz, or not.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:48 AM

1,450 posts, read 871,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

However, if the Republican establishment running the convention takes that opportunity to cram through John Kasich with 6% of the delegates, or Mitt Romney or someone like that, who they are obviously partial to, in blatant disregard of the will of the people in the nominating process, then they will deserve whatever happens to them next. And at that point, there will be millions of Republican voters - who are already in a state of open revolt - that are literally going to want to kill these guys.
This is it! If the voters are ignored and someone who has little support is nominated, then the voters in November will react to being dominated, some by not voting, and some by purposely voting for the Democrat. There is a psychological effect where when you deprive the less powerful people of their personal power, they will do anything to reacquire that sense of power.

It may be possible to nominate Cruz, since he has the second highest majority, but anyone else, we have a Democrat for president.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:52 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,842,549 times
I figured after last night this thread would have faded away.

Obviously Trump is still winning.

He won Michigan which is the neighbor of Ohio. Kasich did pretty good there I guess, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Trump wins Ohio and Florida both. If that happens this thread should definitely die off.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:53 AM

1,450 posts, read 871,284 times
Case in point. He will be millions in November!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post
Point is, these Establishment Republicans are all committing suicide. This election is going to be over at some point, but the political consequences of their continued actions will be felt for the rest of their political careers. Will ANYONE take Lindsey Graham seriously, ever again, even if Donald Trump loses? Will anyone forgive Rick Perry's drug-addled idiocy early in the campaign, now that he's firmly established himself as the Enemy? Whether Trump himself wins or loses, we still know now exactly who the Enemy is, and it's NOT the Democrats. We expect that from them. It's who they are, and it's what they do. Betrayal, treason, traitors, liars and corrupt, self-interested liars inside your own Party are a much more serious problem. We kill spies and those disloyal to the cause; those that would betray the trust of the American people in order to further there own personal and political interests, first. Each time one of these idiots stands up and says something stupid, we have a brand new target declaring himself.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:53 AM

398 posts, read 367,254 times
I don't see how you can "CERTAIN" about anything regarding this primary and process. Its absolutely not "CERTAIN" that Trump won't get 1,237 delegates. And if he doesn't, nothing about the convention is "CERTAIN".

Old 03-09-2016, 08:56 AM

62 posts, read 30,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
If nothing changes, the math doesn't ad up for Trump to be the nominee.

Remember, the GOP is making it clearer by the day that if trump fails to clinch a majority of pledged delegates, they won't let him have it at the Convention.

He needs to clinch a majority, and he's not mathematically on track for that to happen. This late in the game he's got only about 400 of the over 1200 delegates needed.
Its different once you factor in winner-take-all states....if Trump has 40% delegates right now....and the wins Florida and Ohio, which he likely will, he'll go up in delegate percentage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or