Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:52 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So for Trump to put his name on a steak, he has to actually kill the cow with his own hands. If the label says Trump Steak, it is Trump steak. And if you think anyone can do it, why don't you start selling your own "eye state your name" branded steaks.

If I put "eye state your name" brand on an Apple Computer that I bought to use at my office, I guess I am a successful computer company owner, too. Right? I didn't build the computer. I didn't design, market or sell the computer, but I slapped my label on it and that makes it MY PRODUCT. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
in the case of the wine and the steaks it's not even a matter of repackaging. the wine/winery belongs to eric trump and his website specifically states that it is in no way connected to donald j trump or the trump organization and the "bush brothers" are simply the meat suppliers for trump's south florida locations. the meat isn't repackaged.

I know. Trump actually thinks he can hold up a Bush Brothers steak and imply that because these steaks are served at a Trump brand hotel, that makes them "Trump Steaks"? Gotta hand it to Trump, he knows his supporters. They didn't even blink!

Old 03-10-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'd like to know what industry you are in that $280K profit, is considered a failure..

I'll wait
If there was a $280K profit why is the company out of business? And why did Trump orchestrated a press conference to mislead people into believing that the generic bottled water he buys for his hotel is a product from HIS failed bottled water business Trump Ice?

I'll wait.

You can try and misdirect the issue, but Trump is a liar and he orchestrated an entire press conference to lie to anyone who watched it.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Ok--I think this is great for the late night comedians, but isn't it extraordinarily bizarre for a candidate with 30 flags behind him (in order to look more presidential) to be standing next to a table full of food products to try to prove that something someone, who he calls a loser, said about him his wrong (even though it wasn't?).

Who does this kind of thing other than George Costanza?

It goes to his massive insecurities that people might not know or believe how great he is, because someone said something negative about him.

It makes one wonder why he didn't whip it out in the last debate to prove Rubio wrong...unless, of course, Rubio is right. It must kill Trump to not be allowed to prove that one--just boast about how big it is and gross everyone out.

Do we seriously believe that this Shamwow guy is going to be president? This would be a whole lot worse than Berlusconi.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Ok--I think this is great for the late night comedians, but isn't it extraordinarily bizarre for a candidate with 30 flags behind him (in order to look more presidential) to be standing next to a table full of food products to try to prove that something someone, who he calls a loser, said about him his wrong (even though it wasn't?).

It goes to his massive insecurities that people might not know or believe how great he is, because someone said something negative about him.

It makes one wonder why he didn't whip it out in the last debate to prove Rubio wrong...unless, of course, Rubio is right. It must kill Trump to not be allowed to prove that one--just boast about how big it is and gross everyone out.

Do we seriously believe that this Shamwow guy is going to be president? This would be a whole lot worse than Berlusconi.
It is very telling that Trump supporters are unwilling or incapable of seeing this staged event for what it really is and what it says about Trump's ego and lack of character.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:51 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,002 times
Quote:
i know, but the marketing/distribution is still handled by trump so it could be argued that makes it his company.

the wine and the steaks...... not so much.
Again I say no, because they sell to all companies and let them put their labels on the bottles.

Trump very much asserts that things are his company, as if he has a direct hand in the materials, distribution, etc. Its no different than him claiming he is a great builder, when he really is no longer a builder. He makes his money from licensing.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
i know, but the marketing/distribution is still handled by trump so it could be argued that makes it his company.

the wine and the steaks...... not so much.

If I go to the dollar store and buy a case of generic salad dressing and slap a personalized "eye state your name" label on it and give the salad dressing out to my friends and neighbors as gifts, do I own a salad dressing company?

Trump represented at that press conference that he is the owner of a successful bottled water company by doing just what I suggest.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:14 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
bwahahahaha!

that should be the sub-header for all trump threads on this forum.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:56 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
If I go to the dollar store and ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Again I say no, because they sell to all companies and let them put their labels on the bottles.
we can all agree that trump had nothing to do with the production and bottling of the water. but there's one major point being overlooked......

romney never mentioned the water.

trump is trying to debunk something that wasn't said.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:21 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
I recall a certain president talking about hope and change , funny when the shoe is on the other foot people tend to forget . Country needs a change for sure none of this status quo .
What is it with you Trump apologists that you assume that if someone doesn't support Donald Trump, you must be a Democrat?

Are you so blinded by your own version of reality that you do not realize that Trump is resented by the vast majority of his own party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections