Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 09:47 AM

7,492 posts, read 5,744,386 times

Advertisements

https://medium.com/america-rising-pa...976#.wh5dahcxu

This explains in detail why Hillary will win the nomination. At the beginning tgis is was firm that she would not win. My error? I didn't think that the elite Dems would have the balls to so blatantly use the super delegates to crush Bernie. They are not even trying to hide it.

The GOP is a little better but I bet they were wishing they had could control 30% of the vote with Superdelegates. The GOP elite is resigned to dark rooms on private islands discussing a cuop to overthrow trump at the convention.

If this tells us anything it's that elites are running the show and the people will not change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 09:54 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
The superdelegates havent voted yet (and they will vote for the candidate with the most pledged delegates), but corporate media doesnt tell people this and they are influencing the election by lying to the viewers.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:54 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Of course the GOP has a better system, except That I don't agree with the "winner takes all or most" concept.

The problem is that the GOP has very crappy candidates. The decent ones are never promoted by the media and republicans tend to be more attracted to anger than to policy.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:56 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The superdelegates havent voted yet, but corporate media doesnt tell people this and they are influencing the election by lying to the viewers.
I think that's the whole purpose, to confuse their voters. To influence the final result

Notice how CNN always lists the super delegates in the totals. Even with their lies people are still voting for Sanders.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
https://medium.com/america-rising-pa...976#.wh5dahcxu

This explains in detail why Hillary will win the nomination. At the beginning tgis is was firm that she would not win. My error? I didn't think that the elite Dems would have the balls to so blatantly use the super delegates to crush Bernie. They are not even trying to hide it.

The GOP is a little better but I bet they were wishing they had could control 30% of the vote with Superdelegates. The GOP elite is resigned to dark rooms on private islands discussing a cuop to overthrow trump at the convention.

If this tells us anything it's that elites are running the show and the people will not change that.
No one is using Superdelegates to Crush Bernie, he is losing the pledged delegate count as well.

The difference between the Democrats and Republicans is that our primary is proportional(no winner take all states) and the vote of a Democrat in Mississippi matters just as much as the one in Ohio(something the Sanders team seems to be missing)

Delegates are allocated by number of votes cast in the general, not percentage of population of whether or not a Democrat won the state overall in the previous election.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I think that's the whole purpose, to confuse their voters. To influence the final result

Notice how CNN always lists the super delegates in the totals. Even with their lies people are still voting for Sanders.
Superdelegates count towards the final vote total so you destroyed your own argument.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:03 AM

Rep. Keith Ellison calls out the media for lying to the American people about supers in order to influence the election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVk-sFwRUg

Old 03-09-2016, 10:07 AM

NY Times have gotten a barrage of criticism by people who are fed up with this and they have finally given in and have stopped their deceptive presentation. The rest of the corporate media continue to lie in order to suppress the morale among Sanders supporters though.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Superdelegates count towards the final vote total so you destroyed your own argument.
I mean I guess I'm curious as to how the superdelegate process is working this election season rather than past elections seasons.

Truth? It's the same.

The difference is you don't hear Hillary supporters whining and crying FOUL everytime she loses a state or blaming the media; or blaming anyone.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean I guess I'm curious as to how the superdelegate process is working this election season rather than past elections seasons.

Truth? It's the same.

The difference is you don't hear Hillary supporters whining and crying FOUL everytime she loses a state or blaming the media; or blaming anyone.
How can she blame the media? Corporate media are her second biggest donors after Wall Street!

Sanders on the other hand is the nightmare of Comcast, Time Warner and the rest of these corporate giants who are on the gravy train. If we get big money out of politics and get the government back into the hands of the people, they will lose out and probably go bankrupt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections