U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 09:19 AM

10,469 posts, read 3,948,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The OP must mean; Rubio can't be stopped from suspending his campaign and I wonder he suspends it prior to Florida voting as that will mean he won't have a loose in Florida on his record.
Or perhaps, Rubio can't be stopped from endorsing Ted Cruz after he does suspend his campaign later this week, as you know he cannot endorse Trump without committing professional suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 09:20 AM

11,852 posts, read 5,027,036 times
This thread has to be a joke, right?

Old 03-09-2016, 09:25 AM

25,787 posts, read 39,007,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Or perhaps, Rubio can't be stopped from endorsing Ted Cruz after he does suspend his campaign later this week, as you know he cannot endorse Trump without committing professional suicide.
Floridians will love to hear Rubio will endorse Cruz!

Romney already is considered a 4 time loser now.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:27 AM

23,335 posts, read 17,364,497 times
Rubio ought to bow out gracefully. He's simply making a fool of himself at this point.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:34 AM

44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times
I think the time to drop out before a Florida loss destroys his career is already over.

Florida has early voting, and thus whether he stays in the race or not, there will be election results for him. Furthermore he will alienate his supporters who will feel they "wasted" their vote on him. It will also end his chances should there be a "brokered" convention.

So I'm predicting that he will stay in at least through March 15th. It's the only possible chance he has now to leave this race unscathed. If by some chance he wins Florida, then he's back in the game to knock Cruz out of the race.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:13 AM

25,787 posts, read 39,007,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think the time to drop out before a Florida loss destroys his career is already over.

Florida has early voting, and thus whether he stays in the race or not, there will be election results for him. Furthermore he will alienate his supporters who will feel they "wasted" their vote on him. It will also end his chances should there be a "brokered" convention.

So I'm predicting that he will stay in at least through March 15th. It's the only possible chance he has now to leave this race unscathed. If by some chance he wins Florida, then he's back in the game to knock Cruz out of the race.
Watch Marco Rubio Reveal His Dream Job Besides President

When Fallon asks Rubio if he would consider being Vice President if he fails to win the nomination, Rubio replies, “No, that’s not what I’m thinking about. I want to be like commissioner of the NFL, which is more power than president sometimes.”

When Fallon seems skeptical, Rubio continues, “I’m serious, that’s a great job. You can suspend people.” But he clarified that being president is still his “first choice.”

-----

I wonder if Rubio dares to make a "hand" remark in the NFL....he will eaten alive by the big guys! But he never get that job as he probably has to show up for work and it means weekends and evenings.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:24 AM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times
Quote:
In listening to Rubio's speech tonight, you'd think he won in every state.
After a previous primary night Anderson Cooper said if he had to listen to one more victory speech for a third place finish...

I think Marco Rubio is being taken advantage of by Mitt Romney. So, is Kasich. Romney is using both of them to further Romney's own agenda and that is being handed the nomination in a brokered convention. If he truly cared about either one of them, he would have endorsed that person. God knows Kasich could have used his help in Michigan.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:37 AM

684 posts, read 373,893 times
Quote:

Waldo I think you're 100% correct in your analysis. Rubio really has no choice in the matter because of the early voting so he'll just have to stick in there and ride the storm through this coming Tuesday. If anything his only option is to flood the airwaves with positive messages about Florida and lay off the hate attacks on Trump as those attack ads only fuel more loss for Rubio and help propel Trump.

Since it's a sure sign Rubio is going to lose Florida if I were him like I said Id flood the airwaves with messages of how great Florida is almost like if they were from the tourism department showcasing the great things about the state and it's people then at the end of the message have Rubio say I support this message and its content. That would get the media talking about Ribio and the spot light off Trump and give him a boost but Rubio is in full attack mode and I think the damage is already done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Rubio ought to bow out gracefully. He's simply making a fool of himself at this point.
He was making a fool of us when he first entered the race with his powerful smooth tongue and I admit I was impressed with him and his message, however when he went against his own standards of not attacking anyone his true colors came out. It then became clear Rubio was mean spirited and down right two-faced and "low below the belt" something his image he portrays is vastly difference than the truth of who he really seems to be and for that he lost all my respect. I think he has done irreversible damage to his political career and if he loses Florida he is going to have a hard spell recovering.

Maybe he go sell watches on the streets in front of Trump Tower

Old 03-09-2016, 11:35 AM

3,337 posts, read 4,308,059 times
What has he won- Puerto Rico (which I'm not certain has any electoral college votes) and Minnesota (which is as likely to go R in a Presidential election as Georgia is to go D.) At some point reality has to kick in. He is losing to Kasich at this point. And at least Kasich can claim he is filling a different lane and has always said he'd stay in until his home state.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:39 AM

19,187 posts, read 14,950,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
What has he won- Puerto Rico (which I'm not certain has any electoral college votes) and Minnesota (which is as likely to go R in a Presidential election as Georgia is to go D.) At some point reality has to kick in. He is losing to Kasich at this point. And at least Kasich can claim he is filling a different lane and has always said he'd stay in until his home state.
Puerto Rico has not electoral college votes and, therefore, cannot vote in the General Election for POTUS.

Rubio has been done for awhile now. He should have gotten out early in order to preserve his dignity which he has now lost.

If he drop out, Trump will pick up many of his votes so I think they have been keeping him in as a place holder. He appears not to be the brightest of the pack for sure so was easy to use and will be easy to throw away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or