Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 12:59 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,169,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Bernie will do great against Trump. The year 2016 is all about people are totally Fed up with their corrupt government that exists only for the benefit of the top 1%.

Thing is, either Hillary and Bernie will do well against Trump. It's hard to think of a serious and competent candidate who doesn't beat Trump.

That's why I'm hoping for a Trump ticket on the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 12:59 PM

12,000 posts, read 12,846,364 times
When has South Carolina ever been a "swing state" LOL?

Bernie lost by 4 votes in Iowa, and a couple hundred in Nevada.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:02 PM

29,382 posts, read 16,292,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

Bernie actually won the vote in Nevada-they are refusing to release the numbers there and in Iowa.
Bernie did not win the vote in Nevada ( what conspiracy website did you get that from ) ???

Also, there are no numbers, its a caucus, not a popular vote.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:04 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,169,591 times
Quote:
2016, if Trump is the GOP nominee.

Quote:
Bernie actually won the vote in Nevada-they are refusing to release the numbers there and in Iowa.
Mmmmkay.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Bernie did not win the vote in Nevada ( what conspiracy website did you get that from ) ???

Also, there are no numbers, its a caucus, not a popular vote.
The Young Turks reported on it-the final numbers anyway.

Nevada is still only 99% reporting.

Even Michigan, which voted last night-and is a primary-has 100% reporting.
100% of the votes from the Republican Nevada caucus are reported.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The Young Turks reported on it-the final numbers anyway.

Nevada is still only 99% reporting.
i did a google and youtube search and saw no such video, can you put the link in the response so I can see where they actually made that claim ?

Old 03-09-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
i did a google and youtube search and saw no such video, can you put the link in the response so I can see where they actually made that claim ?
During their live broadcast last night. Why do you need to see the claim when you can LOOK up the results and see it is still only 99% reported. I misspoke when I said he won the vote, which is why I edited it-but they are not releasing the full result.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
During their live broadcast last night. Why do you need to see the claim when you can LOOK up the results and see it is still only 99% reported. I misspoke when I said he won the vote, which is why I edited it-but they are not releasing the full result.
You seem to be angry or Frustrated, but you need to remember that you edited your post after I responded to you . Based on your post, you seem to be arguing that I should have gone back and read an edit that I didnt know existed.

I based my response on you claiming he won, not you claiming the result wasnt final( a claim I didnt dispute).

That being said, What exactly are you arguing now that you have changed your argument ?

Old 03-09-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You seem to be angry or Frustrated, but you need to remember that you edited your post after I responded to you . Based on your post, you seem to be arguing that I should have gone back and read an edit that I didnt know existed.

I based my response on you claiming he won, not you claiming the result wasnt final( a claim I didnt dispute).

That being said, What exactly are you arguing now that you have changed your argument ?
I edited it as soon as I wrote it actually-I didn't see any response, which is why it doesn't even show as edited. My point is/was that the full results are still not released. Thanks, hun. Hopefully I helped your confusion.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I edited it as soon as I wrote it actually-I didn't see any response, which is why it doesn't even show as edited. My point is/was that the full results are still not released. Thanks, hun.
Of course you saw my response, you responded to it LOL

And In that response, I quoted your post. It obviously had not changed at that point, otherwise it would have shown up in the quote.

As for your new point. its a 5 % lead, the one precinct not reporting isnt going to give him a win.

Edit: also, he didnt lose Iowa by 4 votes, those 4 are precincts. As far as you know, he lost by 10,000 votes or won by that many. Caucuses are more like electoral colleges than popular votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections