U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 11:15 PM

6,349 posts, read 4,371,289 times

Advertisements

Rubio camp accuses Cruz of 'dirty tricks' over Hawaii 'dropout' email | Fox News

Seriously? TWICE? If I read this right he did the same thing to Trump.

Cruz gives me the creeps. He's a PRAISE JEEESUUUS guy when he's in the southern Bible Belt and the bible belters swallow it hook line and sinker. Then he turns around and does this ****. He has a serious credibility problem and I think this will hurt him. GOP voters are not as gullible as Hillary supporters. Hell, Hillary is the spawn of Satan and she's winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 11:20 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,394,476 times

I think you might be right. I need to do the math. It might make more sense to make Rubio quit. Those votes will go mostly to Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Dude View Post
He will be proven right by the end of the week. What's your beef?

Old 03-08-2016, 11:23 PM

13,873 posts, read 12,633,083 times
Who opens political emails? Ever hear of Spam button? And if you did receive Cruz emails, would you be voting for Rubio anyway?

Old 03-09-2016, 12:01 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,394,476 times
Quote:
Sure they will, and Rubio is going to endorse Cruz when he does drop out. First he's going to dismantle Trump in the debate, just like last time, and then he's going to drop out and endorse Cruz. Rubio is a patriot.
I think he should quit tomorrow but who knows, the establishment maybe rather wanna deal with Trump than Cruz.

It's seems to me Trump's only agenda is gonna be to decrease taxes on the rich and eliminate Obamacare. Trump speaks vaguely to confuse the masses who are poor and desperate and only hear what they want to hear. Jobs, jobs! But has Trump really told them how those jobs are gonna be created? No he hasn't. He speaks their simple language but his interests are different. Trump will make them believe he will help the average American. However when you look at his plans in his website, all he is promising is far right legislation: low taxes/no taxes and reducing social programs like Obamacare. How are gonna make up for the lost tax revenue? I have no idea. My guess is that Trump and Icahn Don't care if our debt doubles.

Quote:
Icahn weeps for the incomprehensible suffering of a small tribe of Americans, namely: the CEOs of several US-based, multinational corporations.

Huh? Yes, he wails that poor superrich chieftains of such profiteering giants as Pfizer pharmaceuticals are having to move their corporate domains abroad, having been driven out of the USA by "our uncompetitive tax code." These American-raised corporations have been raking in enormous profits on foreign sales, but the CEOs have whined that those profits should be exempt from US taxation, since they're taxed by the countries where the products are sold.

In fact, however, their "double taxation" claim is a fraud, for most of the $2.6 trillion in profits they're hiding have been stashed in offshore tax havens that assess as little as zero taxes. These rank corporate tax dodgers are starving America's essential public services of some $600 billion they owe in taxes, yet Icahn sobs in print that they are victims! If these trillions are brought back home, he explains, they'll be taxed – so, don't you see, this "forces" CEOs to desert the US, moving their corporate citizenship to a place that doesn't make them pay for public services.

Icahn insists that America must let the CEOs "repatriate" their foreign bounty by essentially forgiving the taxes they owe on it. That way, the corporations get the money, and America gets to keep the corporations.

http://www.jimhightower.com/node/8808#.Vt_Ga_A8KrW

Old 03-09-2016, 12:05 AM

45,108 posts, read 17,925,751 times
Lying Ted Cruz

He earned this name.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:14 AM

45,108 posts, read 17,925,751 times
Quote:
This is basically true. Trump does appeal to the simpletons.

Insulting supporters of candidate, simply means that you lack argument based on logic or fact.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:28 AM

11,179 posts, read 6,511,212 times
He did the same thing in Iowa. That is why Trum calls him lying Ted.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:30 AM

10,058 posts, read 4,657,640 times
When Rubio drops out and stumps for Trump, I wonder how the GOP will feel about it, when they thought Rubio supporters will go to Cruz

Old 03-09-2016, 01:02 AM

6,349 posts, read 4,371,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post

I think you might be right. I need to do the math. It might make more sense to make Rubio quit. Those votes will go mostly to Cruz.
He has no choice but to drop out but until he makes an official announcement what Cruz did was completely wrong and unethical. For Christ's sake, he's acting like Obama! Well, not nearly as bad. I mean, obama lied his ass off about gay marriage, loving America, health care. Wow, now that I really think about it the list of Obama lies and deceit is to long to list here. I guess Cruz is nothing near as bad as Obama.

I however digress..

Old 03-09-2016, 05:07 AM

371 posts, read 305,815 times
The one thing that has hurt the Cruz campaign the most was the rumor that he does not run a clean campaign. Starting the rumor about dirty campaign tactics in Hawaii was the smartest thing the Rubio campaign could have done and it will pay off next week in Florida. It will be a two man race between Rubio and Trump at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or