Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won tonight's debate?
Ted Cruz 2 4.55%
John Kasich 4 9.09%
Marco Rubio 15 34.09%
Donald Trump 23 52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times

Advertisements

cnn won tonight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 09:14 PM

830 posts, read 684,506 times
Probably the most stupid statement of the century: "The climate is changing because the climate has always been changing." -- Marco Rubio

1) OK -- try breaking that down. The notion -- something changes because it does change -- is akin to saying gravity exists because there's gravity. That notion has absolutely no logical sense no matter how one interprets those words.

2) This is probably one of the first things you learn about the universe in any science class. Planet Earth is an open system, thermodynamically speaking. Earth's changes are due to the influences inputs and outputs have on the planet system. The system operates on an equilibrium ruled by known and unknown laws of physics.

3) OK -- let's embrace his argument. If changes to the planet system are causing a destruction of and to the system in which we've thrived in and depend on, would that mean we would allow an impactful meteoroid (one of many inputs) to collide with the Earth? For the sake of the argument, since the meteoroid was always going to collide into Earth, why should we change that? (I hope we would try to do something) Now apply the same argument to any other change to the ecosystem.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:15 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
This is a ridiculous statement bordering on hysterics. Please stay on topic here.
It is on topic. Let's hear your explanation for it.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He's a friendly fellow, I guess. He is having a good night, wish he did this well last debate.
I really, really, really like Rubio. I just think he is not ready to be President based on everything I've seen over the last 8 months. He needs more seasoning and I hope he doesn't lose his senate seat but obviously that's up to the voters.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:20 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
It is on topic. Let's hear your explanation for it.
I think it's ignorant to make such wide-sweeping statements about the personalities of literally millions of Americans. I think it's foolish to not take the time to actually stop and listen to individuals explain WHY they support Trump. I also think it's dangerous to so readily discount the opinions of so many people, and brush them all away under an umbrella of name calling. It's the simpleton's method of yelling with hands over their ears rather than listening and learning.

You asked, so there you go.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:21 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,095 times
Default Cruz trots out that "low information" attack

Get a little more creative, Ted. You sound just like a political hack.

Cruz says Trump backers have 'relatively low information,' not very 'engaged' | Fox News

Quote:
Ted Cruz said in an interview ahead of next week’s critical primaries that Donald Trump’s supporters have “relatively low information†and are “not that engaged†– an oblique dig at the very voters Cruz is aggressively courting.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I really, really, really like Rubio. I just think he is not ready to be President based on everything I've seen over the last 8 months. He needs more seasoning and I hope he doesn't lose his senate seat but obviously that's up to the voters.
He has said he's done with the Senate if he does not win.

He will have no problem securing employment with a major lobby.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:25 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,103 times
No one did bad all around but they didn't really do anything to slow down Trump's momementum. As it stands I still see him getting the nomination, this debate wasn't hard on him.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:26 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
cnn won tonight
You know, they did a pretty good job. As much as I've mocked CNN over the years, I have to give them credit where it's due.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I think it's ignorant to make such wide-sweeping statements about the personalities of literally millions of Americans. I think it's foolish to not take the time to actually stop and listen to individuals explain WHY they support Trump. I also think it's dangerous to so readily discount the opinions of so many people, and brush them all away under an umbrella of name calling. It's the simpleton's method of yelling with hands over their ears rather than listening and learning.

You asked, so there you go.
They support him because they have been conned into believing Trump is an outsider and cares about the averag American. Truth is, he's an elitist, one percenter billionaire who's in bed with tons of big banks and corporations and who has made a very lucrative living off screwing the average American. He's a pathetic fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections