Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 09:32 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

there was a question in the other forum ( now closed ) on what michelle fields' first comment on the subject was. here it is:

"Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards. Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.

The Washington Post’s Ben Terris immediately remarked that it was Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who aggressively tried to pull me to the ground."

Michelle Fields: In Her Own Words - Breitbart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 09:44 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
... I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. ...
Now lets see the video where she "almost fell to the ground ".

In the video I saw that did not happen. Not even close.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
i don't think she "almost fell to the ground " either but that doesn't affect the fact that lewandowski directly lied when he claimed he never touched fields.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:03 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
fields resigned from breitbart ( along with others over the incident ). they never claimed to have fired her.
She was fired.

There was no reason for her to "resign," so her "resignation" was a firing.

Happens all the time.

Maybe someday you'll join us in the real world.

Quote:
did lewandowski intentionally grab her and yank her back. yes.

was it without consent from fields. yes

those two points meet the requirement for the misdemeanor of "simple battery" ( and the investigating detective agreed ). it will be interesting to hear the state attorney's decision ( assuming that the report is true that he is declining to proceed ).
Maybe you libs will one day realize that there are such things as legal defenses to supposed crimes (even for conservative white males).

Such as her not being supposed to be there in the first place and her assault and battery on Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
This story should not be dead. Does anyone see a problem how everyone seems to have forgotten this already?
There is nothing to remember other than her need to go to a psychiatrist.

So sad, but these things happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The press posted this story of Trump's campaign manager's "assault" on every major publican's front page for days. But Palm beach County prosecutors said Thursday that the case is dead in the water because of video evidence that Fields invaded the Secret Service 'bubble' around Trump and touched the candidate first

Now that the charges are dropped, will the press apologize or at least cover the dropping of charges?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Apology because he was charged? It's not the presses' fault that he acted like a barbarian and was charged.
He didn't act as a barbarian.

Not even close.

Your constant "making things up" is boring.

Do they pay you by the word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"....the decision [not to charge Trump's campaign manager Lewandowski] was in large part based on the fact that [the reporter] Fields had first made physical contact with Trump as he walked out of a ballroom at his Jupiter country club.

That's when Lewandowski reached in and pulled her away, the video shows.

'We're not charging him because he was reacting to what he perceived as a potential threat to someone that he is in charge of protecting, so to speak,' [Ellis] explained.

'He just kinda reacted and did what he needed to do.'

Fields, the video shows, left the area where reporters were told to remain and made her way into the protective 'bubble' around Trump that consisted of Secret Service agents and campaign staff.

Ellis described 'her trying to grab to Mr. Trump in some respect ... from an area that she was not supposed to be in.'"

Read more: No charges for Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski in Michelle Fields battery case | Daily Mail Online

The campaign manager did the right thing to protect Trump, according to State Attorney Dave Aronberg's chief assistant Adrienne Ellis.
Exactly.

She is the one who committed assault and battery on Trump and his campaign team.

I hope he charges her.

She more than deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post

In the video I saw that did not happen. Not even close.
Reality is of no interest to the anti-Trumps and liberals, who specialize in lying.

Quote:
i don't think she "almost fell to the ground " either but that doesn't affect the fact that lewandowski directly lied when he claimed he never touched fields.
There is no proof that he touched her.

Even though he would have been totally justified in doing so in order to protect Trump.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
She was fired.
evidence to support this claim?

Quote:
There was no reason for her to "resign,"....
she specifically gave the reason for her resigning ( and about a half-dozen other breitbart staff also resigned for the same reason ):

"Today I informed the management at Breitbart News of my immediate resignation. I do not believe Breitbart News has adequately stood by me during the events of the past week and because of that I believe it is now best for us to part ways."

Quote:
so her "resignation" was a firing.
your evidence that she was fired is the fact that she resigned.

Quote:
Maybe someday you'll join us in the real world.
o' sweet irony.

Quote:
Maybe you libs will one day realize that there are such things as legal defenses ...
i specifically pointed out in the post you quoted that i was curious to hear the state attorney's statement on the topic ( i even posted in the other thread that i agreed with his decision ).

Quote:
Reality is of no interest to the anti-Trumps...
hey! irony again.

Quote:
There is no proof that he touched her.
except for the video and eyewitness testimony ( most likely including both the FBI and secret service affidavits ). the state attorney directly said that lewandowski grabbed and yanked fields but it was justifiable in the situation.

you seem to be the only trump supporter holding on to the belief that "he didn't touch her".

Quote:
Even though he would have been totally justified in doing so in order to protect Trump.
the state attorney believed so.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:37 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
It's over people. Her "assault" was only in her own mind. Case closed.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Her "assault" was only in her own mind.
wrong.

lewandowski absolutely did grab her and yank her back. the state attorney directly stated that there was enough evidence to charge lewandowski with simple battery but not enough to get a conviction ( due to the defense that he was reacting to a perceived threat to trump ).

Old 04-15-2016, 11:41 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
[quote=marino760;43723628]It's over people. Her "assault" was only in her own mind. Case closed

Old 04-15-2016, 11:46 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Wow, no campaign manager for Trump, Cruz or Kasich is being prosecuted for assault. What a great country!

Old 04-15-2016, 02:42 PM

and the comedy continues,......:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ncounter/?_r=0

lewandowski claims to have tried to reach out to fields by calling her at 11:30pm the night of the incident ( and says he's turned over phone records to support this claim ). fields says she has no record of lewandowski calling and “certainly no message”. this would have happened on march 8, two days before lewandowski tweeted that fields was "delusional" and that he never touched her.

the article cites lewandowski's lawyer as saying that there had been a draft apology they had weighed, but that he found it unlikely that it would happen in light of Ms. Fields’s mentions of defamation lawsuits.

the article also cites anonymous "friends of lewandowski" who claim that he had "wanted to apologize but that Mr. Trump hadn’t wanted him to."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections