Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 09:09 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Correct that Trump said that BUT Kasich and Cruz would have fired Lewandowski immediately...
all 3 said that they'd have fired lewandowski immediately, the only variable was that trump said fields would have had to have been thrown to the ground.

Quote:
Don't try to spin the facts!
i'm not, i made sure to link to an article on trump's statements on the matter for anyone that wanted to see them in full context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 01:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
thank you for the well thought out reply.
You're welcome.

I thought it should at least meet the standard of your the statement to which I replied.

In fact, it exceeded that standard.

Quote:
it wasn't a "false complaint". the state attorney directly said that the charge was correct but that a conviction was unlikely against a defense of lewandowski believing he was protecting trump.
A charge is only correct if a conviction is likely.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The girl that cries wolf over and over once again strikes out. It's over. Run along.
Indeed.

Nothing to see here accept anti-Trumps having a circle jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If this had happened on a college campus she would have claimed she was raped and been in the Rolling Stone.
LOL

Quote:
are you intentionally ignoring the statement from the state attorney?

"There is "no reasonable doubt" Corey Lewandowski grabbed Michelle Fields' arm against her will..."
The state attorney is full of it.

If there were no reasonable doubt that an assault and battery had taken place that would likely result in a conviction, then Lewandowski would have been charged.

He was not charged.

And what some stupid attorney says -- on either side -- is not determinative.

Quote:
i'm no fan of michelle fields ( and i believe she lied and/or exaggerated parts of her original statement ) but her claim that lewandowski grabbed and yanked her by the arm is absolutely correct.
There is no evidence of that in the video.

It's her word against Lewandowski's.

She's a neurotic nutcase and hysteric.

Quote:
all 3 said that they'd have fired lewandowski immediately, the only variable was that trump said fields would have had to have been thrown to the ground.
Trump also said it would have to be proven.

The others didn't say that.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's her word against Lewandowski's.
well, It's her word, Ben Terris' word, the Secret Service agents' word and the video against Lewandowski's word.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The state attorney is full of it.
hey! michelle fields agrees with you. she is claiming that the state attorney's decision was biased:

Michelle Fields Calls Out Prosecutor's Wife - The Daily Beast

"Fields suggested that Palm Beach County District Attorney Dave Aronberg’s decision not to prosecute Lewandowski after police charged and arrested him was unethical and motivated by personal concerns.This is because Aronberg and his wife Lynn, a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader who owns a public relations firm, have been frequent visitors to Trump’s private club, Mar-a-Lago, and that Lynn Aronberg has posted numerous photos of herself posing with Donald and Melania Trump on her Facebook page and company web site."

fields also hints at a defamation lawsuit:

“I don’t think this should have such a huge story,” Fields said, adding that it wouldn’t have been, and probably remained private, if only Lewandowski had offered her an apology. “This wouldn’t have been such a huge story. But Corey lied. Donald Trump lied. They defamed me, and went on this huge smear campaign against me."

for the record:

* i agree with the original charge against lewandowski.

* i agree with the state attorney's decision not to take this to trial based on the information provided by the secret service agents.

* i believe that fields intentionally left the area she was told to be in and she exaggerated and/or lied on a couple of points on her original statement ( the breitbart article ).

* i believe that fields has a good chance of winning a defamation lawsuit against lewandowski ( and possibly the trump campaign ).

* i do not believe that fields could win a defamation lawsuit against trump as an individual

Last edited by wrecking ball; 04-17-2016 at 02:08 PM..

Old 04-17-2016, 05:20 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
hey! michelle fields agrees with you. she is claiming that the state attorney's decision was biased:

Michelle Fields Calls Out Prosecutor's Wife - The Daily Beast

"Fields suggested that Palm Beach County District Attorney Dave Aronberg’s decision not to prosecute Lewandowski after police charged and arrested him was unethical and motivated by personal concerns.This is because Aronberg and his wife Lynn, a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader who owns a public relations firm, have been frequent visitors to Trump’s private club, Mar-a-Lago, and that Lynn Aronberg has posted numerous photos of herself posing with Donald and Melania Trump on her Facebook page and company web site."

fields also hints at a defamation lawsuit:

“I don’t think this should have such a huge story,” Fields said, adding that it wouldn’t have been, and probably remained private, if only Lewandowski had offered her an apology. “This wouldn’t have been such a huge story. But Corey lied. Donald Trump lied. They defamed me, and went on this huge smear campaign against me."

for the record:

* i agree with the original charge against lewandowski.

* i agree with the state attorney's decision not to take this to trial based on the information provided by the secret service agents.

* i believe that fields intentionally left the area she was told to be in and she exaggerated and/or lied on a couple of points on her original statement ( the breitbart article ).

* i believe that fields has a good chance of winning a defamation lawsuit against lewandowski ( and possibly the trump campaign ).

* i do not believe that fields could win a defamation lawsuit against trump as an individual
I don't agree with that, more importantly, legal experts don't agree with you.

Remember that I told you a week, or two before the DA made the decided not to prosecute Lewandowski that there was no case because he was acting in defense of Trump.

ETA:

Here is our exchange earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Some are saying under Florida law, he could be justified in his action. We'll see how it plays out. I bet the charge will be dismissed.
Quote:
it's going to be difficult for lewandowski to prove his actions were in self-defense ( or in defense of trump ) when two secret service agents were right there.

my bet is still on lewandowski making some kind of plea deal after the attention has subsided.
Quote:
Florida law allows citizens to assist law enforcement, including putting their hands on people without their consent.

We could see a plea deal, but I bet the charge is quietly dismissed.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:31 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"Trump campaign manager assaults female reporter (legal, drugs, conservative, state)"

No he didn't. Stick a folk in it, it's done.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:38 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Mr Lewandowski did NOT assault that female. The video proves she is a liar.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with that, more importantly, legal experts don't agree with you.
can you link to any legal expert commenting on a defamation case between fields and lewandowski?

i'll gladly admit now that i was wrong in my prediction about the criminal misdemeanor charge. i did not expect the secret service to say that a campaign manager had the authority to step into security matters. but that's what the state attorney implied that the affidavit said. live and learn. i'd be curious to read the entire affidavit from the secret service agents.

so now fields is absolutely dead in the water when it comes to any civil action pertaining directly to lewandowski grabbing her but i do think she has a case for slander and defamation starting with lewandowski's tweet on march 10 claiming that fields was "delusional" and that he never touched her.

we shall see.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Mr Lewandowski did NOT assault that female. The video proves she is a liar.
again, the state attorney directly stated that lewandowski did grab fields but it was justifiable as a defense to a perceived danger to trump.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:40 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
can you link to any legal expert commenting on a defamation case between fields and lewandowski?

i'll gladly admit now that i was wrong in my prediction about the criminal misdemeanor charge. i did not expect the secret service to say that a campaign manager had the authority to step into security matters. but that's what the state attorney implied that the affidavit said. live and learn. i'd be curious to read the entire affidavit from the secret service agents.

so now fields is absolutely dead in the water when it comes to any civil action pertaining directly to lewandowski grabbing her but i do think she has a case for slander and defamation starting with lewandowski's tweet on march 10 claiming that fields was "delusional" and that he never touched her.

we shall see.
I read several legal experts opinions on this, truthfully, I didn't save any of the links because this non-story is dead, as it should be. However, I do remember Napolitano commenting on it if you want to do a search.

The opinions were basically that there is no real injury (physical, or otherwise) here, so there is no case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections