U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 02:54 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,371,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
People are forgetting this, Trump has a Trump card. If the Republican party tries to rip away the nomination from Trump because at the convention he has, say 49.5% and Cruz has 39.5% of the vote, then Cruz will be hauled into court because he's Canadian. The constitution says only a natural born citizen can become president, there will be a supreme court fight on what the framers meant by "natural born" and I'm thinking Trump's lawyers will have a strong argument that being born in Canada doesn't exactly fit the bill
That Trump card is full of caca. We already heard that before.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:57 PM

26,268 posts, read 8,931,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Aren't you a clever little snowflake. I am a supporter of Cruz for President. Bless your heart, did you really think Ted Cruz has time to talk to you on C-D? You support Donald Trump, don't you.
Yes, I'm supporting the front runner and leader Donald J. Trump. Good luck to you and your candidate. Yeah I knew you weren't really Ted. I heard he was in a meeting with his donors and supporters like the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7vDXs4g3I

Old 03-14-2016, 02:58 PM

10,473 posts, read 3,948,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
It's hard to get a majority when there is 4 people in race. The majority was for a 2 person race. Trump will fall maybe 150 delegates short, which is great for a 4 person race.

If Trump has over 1,000 delegates, he will get the nomination in a deal with Cruz's delegates. Cruz will be VP. They won't give nomination to someone else, considering Trump and Cruz voters are 80 percent of voters. Trump will get the nomination in brokered convention, what else can you do..
There are likely to be 3 people in the race in about 48 hours. And Kasich has not been a factor except in New Hampshire and now Ohio. It is just a matter of time before he drops out, too.

As far as Cruz giving his delegates to Trump, all I have to say to that is:

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Trump is likely going to have a very good week this week, and then after that, it is going to be a long, slow grind that ultimately results in a rude awakening for you folks.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:06 PM

3,954 posts, read 1,702,346 times
By the way, if Trump gets screwed in brokered convention, he would win as an independent. Sanders supporters will come to The Donald.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:07 PM

66,240 posts, read 30,160,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh, so the plan is MORE years of government gridlock?
If it keeps them from overspending, yes.

Quote:
I asked how Americans managed to buy a record number of vehicles if times were really so bad?
I answered that. Auto manufacturing plants moved to Mexico where labor costs are cheaper, there is no import tariff (NAFTA), and so vehicles are affordable for more people. I even posted a link.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:16 PM

14,210 posts, read 10,071,549 times
Default If a convention fight happens who do you see coming out on top?

Honestly, I think they will reach outside of the current field and pick someone else. I can't envision them going with Kasich or Rubio considering how poorly they did. I also don't foresee them choosing Cruz given how unlikable he is. I also don't think he will end up with more than 600-700 delegates even if Trump does not get the majority. Outside of Texas he hasn't done well in higher population states either. Which makes it less likely he would compete that well in the general election.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:24 PM

14,210 posts, read 10,071,549 times
I think they will go outside of the election for the nominee most likely. Cruz is not only unlikable, but unelectable as well. Contrary to all the people who think polls 9 months out show just how well he would wallop Hilary. His performance in that kinds of states that matter show how limited his appeal would really be. I think at this point the GOP is resigning themselves to possibly losing and just trying to limit the amount of downticket damage that might occur.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:27 PM

3,954 posts, read 1,702,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I think they will go outside of the election for the nominee most likely. Cruz is not only unlikable, but unelectable as well. Contrary to all the people who think polls 9 months out show just how well he would wallop Hilary. His performance in that kinds of states that matter show how limited his appeal would really be. I think at this point the GOP is resigning themselves to possibly losing and just trying to limit the amount of downticket damage that might occur.
They have to go with Trump or Cruz. 70 percent have voted for them.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:29 PM

19,695 posts, read 14,151,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Honestly, I think they will reach outside of the current field and pick someone else.
Like who? Romney? Romney is toast.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:30 PM

19,187 posts, read 14,950,488 times
Romney. Right now the GOP is playing the candidates against one another with the promise that it gives them a chance to snag the nomination if it goes to a brokered one. Sadly, the candidates, with the exception of Trump, are so stupid that they are buying into this and since you fix "stupid", it is better they go home empty handed. GOP is going to try to hand Hillary the POTUS since it all one party behind the scenes, the "dynasty" party.

They are assured that Romney is a loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or