Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 03:30 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
But all your books are checked out for Trump library.
Topic isn't about me.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:37 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
At least he doesn't cheat on his taxes or defraud people!
A conservative holds as a fundamental truth that we are a Nation of Laws, not a nation of men. Ok, please explain Oliver North and those who defended him that are "conservative." Please explain the rank refusal to de-fund the BATFE when it was caught violating the law in Fast-n-Furious. Please explain the refusal to prosecute executives in banks that were caught knowingly laundering foreign drug cartel money. Ted Cruz falsified his Senate campaign reports in claiming that over a million dollars came from his personal wealth -- wealth he did not have and in fact he borrowed the money from Goldman Sachs. That's a violation of the law and yet people hold him out as a "conservative." There are literally hundreds of such examples; show me one that led to prosecution by said "conservatives" and explain why you wish to nominate an admitted violator of said laws.

A conservative holds that all men and women are created equal. Not, I remind you, unless you happen to be a laborer in China, in which case it's perfectly ok to essentially enslave you and dump poison into the ground and water, killing you and your children so you can provide goods for export more-cheaply along with tampering with the national currency so as to gain an unfair competitive advantage. Nor, I remind you, are you "lesser" if you're an American working at Disney while the company exploits H1b processes in a way that is patently improper and then demands that you train your foreign replacement. Exploitation is exploitation; you either believe that all men and women are created equal or you do not, and if you do you no more accept people committing violence to citizens in foreign lands in the pursuit of "trade" than you do here. (HIB visas which ted cruz backed and expanded)

When it comes to the medical system in this country and the budget, two items that are interlinked, there has not been one conservative in office in 30+ years. ZERO. Exactly none of the establishment Republican party has taken a stand on any of this nor done one single thing to put a stop to it. Only Trump among alleged conservatives over the last three decades has said he will enforce the most-basic of the rules of fair competition -- a requirement to post and honor prices.

None of the establishment Republicans have done anything about H1b abuse or border control.

None of the establishment Republicans have removed funding from the BATFE or any other federal agency that has willfully and intentionally violated the law, or refused to prosecute those who did so even when the violators are in their own agencies.

Trump is not perfect, but over the last 30 years he has been utterly consistent in his views on the budget, border control, fair trade and competitive markets.

these "conservatives" have been lying and stealing for years-take the blinders off.

great link by the way, please pass it along:
https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231209

Old 03-09-2016, 03:43 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
We can just sit back and continue to watch both Cruz and Rubio be fleeced by the party. I would think that both would be more intelligent than to have bought into "attack Trump and when he fails to get enough delegates, you'll have your chance at a brokered convention". Then, along comes Romney and Ted is "just the top two".

As I said from the beginning when Ted set up Carson, "you reap what you sow". Someone please pass an OPEN Bible to Cruz with a few passages highlighted.

Anyone with half a brain knows that if it goes "brokered" that Romney will be the nominee which is a path for Hilary in the absence of the other dynasty figure, Jeb Bush.

Just because you can be educated, it doesn't make you smart thus Cruz's delusion.

Cruz is doing more to land his butt in Hell in this campaign than land it in the GOP nomination. Anyone that supports Cruz needs to open the Bible and do some reading about "expectations".

What would Cruz not do to secure this nomination? Terrifying thought!

Old 03-09-2016, 04:00 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Topic isn't about me.

I know it's about flip flopping liars like Donald Trump. He cheats on taxes, flip flops on immigration and lies about the other candidates!

On Topic!

Old 03-09-2016, 04:11 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
A conservative holds as a fundamental truth that we are a Nation of Laws, not a nation of men. Ok, please explain Oliver North and those who defended him that are "conservative." Please explain the rank refusal to de-fund the BATFE when it was caught violating the law in Fast-n-Furious. Please explain the refusal to prosecute executives in banks that were caught knowingly laundering foreign drug cartel money. Ted Cruz falsified his Senate campaign reports in claiming that over a million dollars came from his personal wealth -- wealth he did not have and in fact he borrowed the money from Goldman Sachs. That's a violation of the law and yet people hold him out as a "conservative." There are literally hundreds of such examples; show me one that led to prosecution by said "conservatives" and explain why you wish to nominate an admitted violator of said laws.

A conservative holds that all men and women are created equal. Not, I remind you, unless you happen to be alaborer in China, in which case it's perfectly ok to essentially enslave you and dump poison into the ground and water, killing you and your children so you can provide goods for export more-cheaply along with tampering with the national currency so as to gain an unfair competitive advantage. Nor, I remind you, are you "lesser" if you're an American working at Disney while the company exploits H1b processes in a way that is patently improper and then demands that you train your foreign replacement. Exploitation is exploitation; you either believe that all men and women are created equal or you do not, and if you do you no more accept people committing violence to citizens in foreign lands in the pursuit of "trade" than you do here. (HIB visas which ted cruz backed and expanded)

When it comes to the medical system in this country and the budget, two items that are interlinked, there has not been one conservative in office in 30+ years. ZERO. Exactly none of the establishment Republican party has taken a stand on any of this nor done one single thing to put a stop to it. Only Trump among alleged conservatives over the last three decades has said he will enforce the most-basic of the rules of fair competition -- a requirement to post and honor prices.

None of the establishment Republicans have done anything about H1b abuse or border control.

None of the establishment Republicans have removed funding from the BATFE or any other federal agency that has willfully and intentionally violated the law, or refused to prosecute those who did so even when the violators are in their own agencies.

Trump is not perfect, but over the last 30 years he has been utterly consistent in his views on the budget, border control, fair trade and competitive markets.

these "conservatives" have been lying and stealing for years-take the blinders off.

great link by the way, please pass it along:
https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231209
FIRST - your information about Cruz is A LIE. Cruz BORROWED from funds from Goldman Sachs using his INVESTMENT ACCOUNT AS COLLATERAL. This smear by tax cheat Trump has been debunked and destroyed months ago!! The loan was paid off in 2012. Cruz did nothing illegal or unusual and the loan was publicly disclosed to the FEC in 2011 and 2012.

I do not need to defend Oliver North, China or any of your other straw man arguments that you set up just to support your preconceived agenda as a Trump supporter.

If you believe Trump has been consistent in his political positions over the last 30 years, then God love you and enjoy voting for Trump.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:35 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
^Topic isn't about Trump, Oliver North, or anyone else you bring up to distract from the Topic.

Cruz absolutely flipped flopped on contested convention because now, he can't win it by vote of the people. Majority don't support him. This has been proved during Super Tuesday, and events since.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Default Are Republicans Working on a Contested Convention?

This is just a small excerpt but it appears something is brewing:

The U.S. Virgin Islands sends nine delegates to the Republican convention. Six of them are elected Thursday. If Yob, his wife and the Eilons were all elected, they would have significant pull. That may appear to be a small fraction of the 1,237 delegates needed to secure the nomination in Cleveland in July, but in the instance of a contested convention, controlling the majority of delegates from a territory could have an impact.

As it turns out, Yob himself knows about how to muscle a candidate through a contested convention. He recently released a book "Chaos: The Outsider's Guide to a Contested Republican National Convention," which according to its Amazon summary promises that "people who read this book will know more than anyone else about the most interesting Republican Presidential nomination in a generation."

What The Heck Is Going On With The Virgin Islands Republican Party?

Old 03-14-2016, 12:39 AM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,032 times
Default They are going to screw Trump at the convention

I usually don't watch TV at all, and don't have a TV. But during the presential cycles I become a weekend addict when I head over my mom's.

This gives me a good finger in the wind because, watching week to week rather than day to day, I get a sense of how the tone changes.

The tone took a very dramatic shift today. Now, instead of talking about a brokered convention in hushed tones or emphasizing how it would damage the party, they are talking about it every five minutes, with some justifying it as legitimate. They even reviewed on Fox today how it actually works. They discussed a bit about borkered convention history, and used the democratic superdlegets and the undemocratic process on the other side as a sort of moral equivalent as a rationalization.

They hate Cruz as much as Trump, and Rubio has made a fool of himself. My guess--get ready for Kasich as the nominee.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:37 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,408,682 times
Well Kasich is the only sane one left.

Since I'd rather have Hillary I hope he's not the R nominee since he would beat her.

However, I would prefer him over Trump even though Trump would lose to Hillary because I think our country would suffer serious damage if a character as disgusting as Trump can actually win a major party nomination for president.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:00 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Well Kasich is the only sane one left.

Since I'd rather have Hillary I hope he's not the R nominee since he would beat her.

However, I would prefer him over Trump even though Trump would lose to Hillary because I think our country would suffer serious damage if a character as disgusting as Trump can actually win a major party nomination for president.
no it wouldn't, that's mainly propaganda from the globalist elites who want to keep the status quo of foreign invasions and a declining middle class
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections