Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 06:52 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Trump still making fun of Repubs.... now in Ohio, it turns out he lied about being endorsed by Pete Rose ...

Pete Rose didn't endorse Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com
I live Naples and have been back from NY since yesterday. Cannot believe all the non-stop ads for Rubio here. While I voted absentee ballot a month ago, my husband was shocked that there was nobody at the polls this morning unlike what we saw on TV from Ohio. The poll workers said early voting was very, very busy.

We are both from NYC and know The Donald all too well from decades. Republican and Democrat husband and wife. NEITHER of us wants President Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 07:01 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
You don't listen to him do you? He is going to bring our jobs back that Clinton gave to China and third world countries by signing NAFTA. He is going to do away with these H-2 visas that bring cheap labor from India to replace our tech workers. He is going to build a wall to keep out illegals and semi loads of heroin! He is going to put a sanction on companies that move to Mexico. The list goes on. The ones that want to tax more and will drive MORE companies away from the US is Bernie and Hillary
So tariffs, protectionism, forcing companies to pay >1000% mark up on labor by shifting manufacturing to the states that won't drive companies away but if you increase their tax burden then they are leaving?
Trump is not free market, not pro capitalism, not conservative, all the things must of you guys spent the last 20 years waxing poetic about.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:57 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
Exactly.

And he proposes to amend the Constitution to punish his political opponents, and to add $10 trillion to the debt through his tax plan.

Do these Drumpf supporters actually pay attention to any of the facts ? Other than the fact that they're all very very very angry ?
Yes, they do. A little more educated with a tremendous amount of commonsense, Trump supporters can actually see what is happening to our country and where it is headed. We have watched it happen since we were not consumed with "self", reality TV, who likes what on FB or which twit is twitting about something.

What I would like to know is what is being taught in schools these days. We need to take a hard look because I have seen so much ignorance here about history, government and economics not to mention the inability to read something and actually comprehend what is being said.

I am truly blown away each day by the proclamations of the anti-Trumps showing ignorance that is sometimes beyond one's capabilities to effectively dispel them to people who have no "tools" to comprehend. I mean

Old 03-15-2016, 08:02 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, they do. A little more educated with a tremendous amount of commonsense, Trump supporters can actually see what is happening to our country and where it is headed. We have watched it happen since we were not consumed with "self", reality TV, who likes what on FB or which twit is twitting about something.

What I would like to know is what is being taught in schools these days. We need to take a hard look because I have seen so much ignorance here about history, government and economics not to mention the inability to read something and actually comprehend what is being said.

I am truly blown away each day by the proclamations of the anti-Trumps showing ignorance that is sometimes beyond one's capabilities to effectively dispel them to people who have no "tools" to comprehend. I mean
You have been listening. Apparently you have picked up trumps skill of talking without saying anything. You have managed to type 3 paragraphs without contributing anything whatsoever to the discussion but vast amounts of self back patting. Yep that will surely make America great again.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Happens every Presidential election.

New posters appear. They spout plenty of political crap for one side only.

They disappear after election.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:06 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Not one anti-Trumpster on this forum has stated that they worry that their funds or livelihood could be hurt if Trump is elected. It isn't only just about whether they have a poker in the fire; it could be relation (husband, wife, relative) that they feel might financially suffer if Trump gets elected. It is not unreasonable to assume that people do not spend hundreds of millions of dollars to stop Trump if they don't not fear financial problems.

As far as your Sanders: He has the very worst voting record on immigration out of the whole pack of candidates. You are worried about his gun policies; we will not have a border or a Country after four years of Sanders. His voting record is worse than Hillary's and hers' is the pits. Take a real hard look where Bernie want's us to go and who is going to pay. Don't get roped in by 'the rich will pay for all' of his give-a-ways; they own no loyalty to our Country.
People already complain that their dollars don't go far enough, and Trumps policies are going to increase the price of everything. You do understand how tariffs work? Trump wants to implement all sorts of economic protectionist policies, and they have never worked. Free markets work, and Trump is a huge danger to that. Japan has many protectionist policies and their economy has been crap for decades, they just keep electing people like Trump to run their government and look at how it works for them. Protectionism only works in poor countries, countries where wages are low and there is little welfare, like China. But even China is getting ready to lay off 8 million employees. China's stock market and currency is in trouble. Manufacturing isn't just gone from the US, it's disappearing everywhere on the planet. It's called robotics, the number of people needed to manufacture just isn't like it used to be. The jobs aren't coming back. That's Trumps grand delusion.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:20 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
People already complain that their dollars don't go far enough, and Trumps policies are going to increase the price of everything. You do understand how tariffs work? Trump wants to implement all sorts of economic protectionist policies, and they have never worked. Free markets work, and Trump is a huge danger to that. Japan has many protectionist policies and their economy has been crap for decades, they just keep electing people like Trump to run their government and look at how it works for them. Protectionism only works in poor countries, countries where wages are low and there is little welfare, like China. But even China is getting ready to lay off 8 million employees. China's stock market and currency is in trouble. Manufacturing isn't just gone from the US, it's disappearing everywhere on the planet. It's called robotics, the number of people needed to manufacture just isn't like it used to be. The jobs aren't coming back. That's Trumps grand delusion.

What most people understand is that they are virtually making the same wages today as they were making many decades ago! We have been sold out by politicians that never worked in their whole life. They don't know how to make a favorable US agreement! Trade agreements are not supposed to be about loosing and that is where our politicians have gone wrong. Especially, since we have the strongest economy; why haven't we done better?

The technology that we created we gave away to almost every other country and now they sell it back to us. How much longer will our military be the envy of the world if other countries improve on the technology we gave them? It is now One World Order that is calling the shots and we are taking the back seat. This is more than clear from the fear generated by Trump!

Old 03-15-2016, 10:23 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What most people understand is that they are virtually making the same wages today as they were making many decades ago! We have been sold out by politicians that never worked in their whole life. They don't know how to make a favorable US agreement! Trade agreements are not supposed to be about loosing and that is where our politicians have gone wrong. Especially, since we have the strongest economy; why haven't we done better?

The technology that we created we gave away to almost every other country and now they sell it back to us. How much longer will our military be the envy of the world if other countries improve on the technology we gave them? It is now One World Order that is calling the shots and we are taking the back seat. This is more than clear from the fear generated by Trump!
I'm going to take your quote on the strongest economy and run with it. We have nearly the highest incomes in the world, low cost of living, cheap gas and food, low unemployment. Trump supporters make it sound like we are living in a third world country. Our problem is our government and our people don't know how to manage money and rack up the debt. Tell me how people in China making 1/4 the income living in a country with higher cost of living manage to save more money then Americans. That is the problem.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I'm going to take your quote on the strongest economy and run with it. We have nearly the highest incomes in the world, low cost of living, cheap gas and food, low unemployment. Trump supporters make it sound like we are living in a third world country. Our problem is our government and our people don't know how to manage money and rack up the debt. Tell me how people in China making 1/4 the income living in a country with higher cost of living manage to save more money then Americans. That is the problem.
The costs whether housing, goods or gas, are relative to the areas as are income and low employment. One thing I do agree with Trump supporters is that some areas it is as good as living in a third-world country and our government is handled the way a third-world government is handled. The issue with Trump is his tax plan and his Medicare change is NOT an answer either. If Trump supporters think he can pay for the wall himself or get Mexico to pay for it, they are bat**** delusional. We've seen it in this thread.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:55 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The costs whether housing, goods or gas, are relative to the areas as are income and low employment. One thing I do agree with Trump supporters is that some areas it is as good as living in a third-world country and our government is handled the way a third-world government is handled. The issue with Trump is his tax plan and his Medicare change is NOT an answer either. If Trump supporters think he can pay for the wall himself or get Mexico to pay for it, they are bat**** delusional. We've seen it in this thread.
Duncan Hunter doing the delusional dance and getting real results. It's only impossible when you want it to be.

Duncan Hunter often cites statistics on the 14-mile fence in his San Diego district, crediting the fence with reducing smuggling of people and narcotics by 90 percent and reducing the city’s crime rate by 50 percent.

“Now, the other candidates have all got the right rhetoric with respect to the border, but I’ve done something about it. I understand the border . . . I built that border fence in San Diego,” he said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections