Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 06:54 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. And if you know this for certain, then their votes won't decide the election they have been factored into this theory. i.e. It will be the While male vote that determines who gets elected.
Don't you wish.

Let me slow this down for you: Unless Trump's standing with women and minorities magically improves between now and November, he's going to need 70% of the White male vote to win. That doesn't mean there are no other routes to victory. It simply means they are far less likely. For example, Trump could also win by garnering 45% of the Latino vote or 20% of the AA vote, but Danny DeVito will win the NBA Slam Dunk contest barefoot before Trump garners that kind of support.

70% of the White male vote is a bit more realistic, but still a huge longshot, since recent GOP nominees top out at around 62-63%. Trump is headed in the direction of an electoral drubbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Anecdotal, but I have a friend who's in management at a large American car company auto plant in the Midwest. The workers on the line, all UAW union members, have told him the union bosses want them to vote for Hillary (presumed November Dem candidate), but they're voting for Trump in the primary and will in November because they're scared sh*tless that their plant will be the next one moving to Mexico. And those auto plant workers are mostly male and mostly minority.

There's a lot more going on with this election than people realize. Americans are very fearful they're going to be the next to lose their jobs. That's going to influence their votes the most.
When Trump gets his teeth kicked in this November, will you go back and reminisce over these obviously phony anecdotes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 07:01 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I am a conservative first and foremost and I hate Trump, most of us do. The ones who love Trump are Independents and right leaning Democrats.
You would rather a politician who is owned by lobbyist in which case nothing will ever change.

-Big pharma will have their ways of keeping prices high
- Insurance companies will continue to bend us over since they pay the politicians to keep the laws that benefits them and no one can compete
- Isis will continue to laugh at us and never be scared
- NAFTA will continue to benefit other countries and big corporations. Jobs gone

Because this is what lobbyists do to politicians (apart from Bernie), They buy them with millions and you peons can't even see it.

Ask Hillary to tell you how much she made talking to wall street.

Ask Rubio about the Goldman Sach loans

Ask Lyin Ted about who is big contributors are.

No one is asking them the tough questions about who owns them.

I say make your contribution public so that we all know. No hiding, no playing with the financial books.

Lets who who is owned by who.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:04 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Don't you wish.

Let me slow this down for you: Unless Trump's standing with women and minorities magically improves between now and November, he's going to need 70% of the White male vote to win.
You aren't addressing the article nor theory. That article already makes it clear that won't happen.

It clearly states that if Trump gains more than 70% of white male vote he wins election. If not Hillary wins. i.e. the rest don't matter.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:16 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You're not a Republican. Lol. But keep up that facade liberals. He'll get all the votes he needs. Get used to the title President Trump.
Lol, you noticed that, too!

P.S. Notice the increase in desperate threads. Since things are so dire for Trump, why keep talking about it, right?

Liberal clowns are so amusing!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You're not a Republican. Lol. But keep up that facade liberals. He'll get all the votes he needs. Get used to the title President Trump.

You don't have to be a Republican to figure out simple math. Most Republicans think that Trump can't win a general.

Quote:
Ok, got it. So we have the 4 of you, plus Trump's 3 black friends and the 2 black women on Youtube who love him and the black pastor introducing him at OH rallies. So thats 10 minorities voting for Trump! Well, you are only half Asian so 9 1/2. He's well on his way to the nomination now! Thanks

Made me laugh so hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I don't know how the general election will play out, but if the turnout is anything similar to what we've seen in the primaries, you would think the Republicans would crush it this time. Look at the turnout at all of their primaries. That should really scare the Democrats and that's simply data that is indisputable.

Indisputable data is that Trump has a problem with the female vote (large voting bloc, remember) and a minority problem; that is only getting worse. That should scare Republicans. Well, it does - but the ones on here shilling for Trump can't admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Didn't we already have a topic on this subject?
Really, is there ever too many Trump threads?

Old 03-14-2016, 07:39 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really, is there ever too many Trump threads?
On this I agree. As this demonstrates, the anti-Trump people keep recycling the same nonsense over & over.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:41 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Lol, you guys are like the little boy whistling in the dark at the imaginary big bad dog. Only problem is he is waiting there for you.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:48 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Lol, you guys are like the little boy whistling in the dark at the imaginary big bad dog. Only problem is he is waiting there for you.
This nonsense sounds vaguely familiar. Oh yeah:

The Democrats Fear Sarah Palin - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Lol

Old 03-14-2016, 07:50 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
I think the whole world is afraid of Trump becoming the next president!
Good, as Obama certainly isn't feared, or even respected.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
I am a conservative first and foremost and I hate Trump, most of us do. The ones who love Trump are Independents and right leaning Democrats.
I turn on the TV and I see/hear the current president babble and I know that he lies to me, he lies to me all the time! I'm so sick of it!!!

So you liberals and anti-Trump people keep on electing Democrats/Republicans/Establishment/Politically experienced types that will lie to you with their rehearsed so-called talking point babble who are all talk and NO positive action (although most of you are under the kool-aid spell) and break all kinds of promises and making you a servant of them from your wallets and or depress you to a non-productive zombie.

If Trump is on the ballot imo he'll break all kinds of high vote records (for him) as too many people are quite SICK and TIRED of voting for the same status quo and someone like Trump is worth a shot as it surely (with many people's opinions) can't be any worse than what we had to endure for the past 7 plus years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections