Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 09:59 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times

Advertisements

Trump gets praise for "telling it like it is" but he lies the most out of anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with the bolded. People are not paying attention. People don't care about the message behinds words, they hear "Oh, captured pows are not heros" and get all bent out of shape.
The art of the deal - if some people read it (as I read some) they will understand that what has so far transpired. Trump pretty much knows what he's doing imo even though many either don't understand, have criticized or turn his words for their own agendas that twists his meanings.

The real POW's are the ones you have mentioned that many of which can't get deserved benefits - thanks Obama and its administration.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:07 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
The art of the deal - if some people read it (as I read some) they will understand that what has so far transpired. Trump pretty much knows what he's doing imo even though many either don't understand, have criticized or turn his words for their own agendas that twists his meanings.

The real POW's are the ones you have mentioned that many of which can't get deserved benefits - thanks Obama and its administration.
Thank you. That is why people are angry. If Republicans don't pay attention, they deserve to have their party destroyed too.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:10 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Thank you. That is why people are angry. If Republicans don't pay attention, they deserve to have their party destroyed too.

Yup!!!

Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
I agree with the bolded. People are not paying attention. People don't care about the message behinds words, they hear "Oh, captured pows are not heros" and get all bent out of shape.
No, you want to hear what you want to. Trump followers are so brainwashed that the only way they can defend Trump is by saying Trump words need "Interpretation". You need to "read between the lines" because you(General you) cannot admit his words are unacceptable.

If Trump is not eloquent enough to express his words in a way people understand his message, then he shouldn't run for president. Of course many of us see through him and know that's not the case. He knows what he is saying, he is pandering to the Jerry Springer crowd by calling McCain a loser and in the process he insults POWs because he doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself. He judges others when he is nothing more than a cowardly draft dodger.

Examples of excuses Trump followers come up to defend their idol:
"That's not what Trump meant"
"Trump didn't hear the kkk part of the question so he was not answering the right question"
"When Trump sayid H1b1 visas he really meant student visas"

So in order to understand what Trump really means we need the "Trump dictionary". A dictionary full of lame excuses to cover the fact Trump is an immoral person who respects no one but himself

This is what he said, what part of "I like people who weren't captured" needs interpretation?

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Read more: Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 03-14-2016 at 10:27 AM..

Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post

That's what scares me. That he actually knows what he's doing. But what's his goal? I see through him, and he doesn't give a rat's @ss about average Americans. Is he just power hungry? He surely knows the presidency isn't a dictatorship with a magic wand. He can't just randomly start wars and start rounding up millions of people. And you'd think he understands that both the Republicans and Democrats hate him and would prevent him from doing much of anything. But maybe I'm missing something. Maybe he has the money to buy the power he desires? The unknowns about this man are scary.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
No, you want to hear what you want to. Trump followers are so brainwashed that the only way they can defend Trump is by saying Trump words need "Interpretation". You need to "read between the lines" because you(General you) cannot admit his words are unacceptable.

Examples:
"That's not what Trump meant"
"Trump didn't hear the kkk part of the question so he was not answering the right question"
"When Trump sayid H1b1 visas he really meant student visas"

So in order to understand what Trump really means we need the "Trump dictionary". A dictionary full of lame excuses to cover the fact Trump is an immoral person who respects no one but himself

This is what he said, what part of "I like people who weren't captured" needs interpretation?

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Read more: Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO
No, I know what I care about. Didn't I say "Trump made an idiotic statement? " Didn't I just say that?

I can care less about McCain's hero status.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:27 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
No, you want to hear what you want to. Trump followers are so brainwashed that the only way they can defend Trump is by saying Trump words need "Interpretation".
Aren't you a Hillary supporter? I lying concerns you, then I'm thinking that brainwashed is being applied incorrectly here.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
It's already started and there is no reversing it. It will be very much different in the future if it survives.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
That's what scares me. That he actually knows what he's doing. But what's his goal? I see through him, and he doesn't give a rat's @ss about average Americans. Is he just power hungry? He surely knows the presidency isn't a dictatorship with a magic wand. He can't just randomly start wars and start rounding up millions of people. And you'd think he understands that both the Republicans and Democrats hate him and would prevent him from doing much of anything. But maybe I'm missing something. Maybe he has the money to buy the power he desires? The unknowns about this man are scary.
well, you may have a legitimate concern. The unpredictable Trump scares me. But, the predictable Hillary Clinton, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz scare me also.

I don't know whom I would end up voting for in the end, most likely, third party.

It is pretty obvious that, The conservative moment has to wrestle with a dilemma: Is Trump a legitimate champion of the Right or a phony usurper of the tradition? This is something to be figured out. But if it is Hillary vs Trump, I would want to try somebody new. I think Trump is a good deal maker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections