Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 03:52 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I know... Bernie Sanders is so peaceful he supported the Communist Sandinistas in Nicaragua... a group that murdered thousands of civilians, including mass executions, and tortured at least 14,000 people.

What a Teddy Bear!
And honeymooned in the country that he loved so much, the USSR, who exterminated millions of their citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 05:38 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Me too, but that's where the similarities end. I'm not sure how I feel about Sanders, other than I think he's a decent guy who means well (Carter was too, but not our best President). Trump is a bigot racist, and uses many of the same MO as Hitler did before he rose to power. Right down from the intimidation and thug tactics for those who disagree. Protest at a Sanders rally, he'll engage you. Protest at a Trump Rally and you'd better hope he gets his security detail to drag your arse out of there (before his frothy supporters beat the crap out of you).

It's not a smear campaign when it is actually happening (and there is plenty of video, and even Trump himself, to back up the validity of what is being reported).

The thing I find ridiculous is how he's manipulated the press to get so much coverage, and how he's manipulated the uneducated (whom he loves) to be such willful followers. Scary!

Total nonsense. You have no idea what an actual racist is.

You are yet ANOTHER example that shows that the Left has one and only one political tactic: Call everyone else a racist... all the time.

That's it... that is LITERALLY all the Left does. It is a textbook example of intellectual bankruptcy.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:16 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I can tell you from NYC that the New York Times only publishes pictures of Trump if they catch him in a pose that makes him look like a fascist dictator. They are besides themselves that people would vote for him and are trying everything they can to take him down. It's completely pathetic, what they don't understand is that this sort of behavior is responsible for driving even more voters to vote for him. The guy is not even remotely racist or authoritarian. If someone isn't politically correct these days then according to the media he's the next coming of Adolf.
Quote:
Again, failure of comprehension on your part and others is what's driving his support. You just don't understand that the works coming out of his mouth do not matter because people understand that he has a big bragging personality. It doesn't matter what he says, only how he's saying it and most importantly that he's disrupting the establishment. Nobody except hysterical elites and their followers believe that Trump is a fascist, it's just not reality and it's a picture painted by people who dislike him for one reason or another. If you're not politically correct, the media won't endorse you - it's that simple.
Quote:
This is just one of countless bulletin board items on the media's laundry list of laughable things Trump supposedly believes. I understand that you've bought into the media hysteria but the bigger picture here is that it's this sort of smear campaign by elites that is driving Trump's support.

The irony is that you are the one fueling his rise
Quote:
Absolutely, and I keep harping on this but it never seems to get through that they're the ones driving support to Trump by all these outrageous things they say about the guy and belittling his core base which are the displaced and ignored working class
Quote:
Correct, because the only ones making Trump's ascent about women or minorities are political opponents and not Trump himself. Some of his top execs are women, and he has plenty of minorities and people of all sorts of backgrounds working for him. But that doesn't fit into the elitist narrative so carry on about Trump hating women, Mexicans, poodles, and that kid from across the street. Obviously he's the worst sexist racist dictator the world will ever see, everybody panic!!

Oh wait, why have his polls gone again?? Time for another series of hit pieces in the papers - maybe that will do the job this time

This was back in march, told you so

Old 11-17-2016, 09:23 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Not one poster, paid or otherwise, not one blogger, not one pundit, not one tv talk show host, not one news anchor, not one person in the entire country who voted for hillary or wanted her to win has said:

"good game, congrats to President Trump and his supporters on the win, i'm putting America first so i'm going to stand by our new President and support him for the good of the country"

Not one person.

i'm still waiting for someone from the other side to step up for the good of the country and support this great man.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Not one poster, paid or otherwise, not one blogger, not one pundit, not one tv talk show host, not one news anchor, not one person in the entire country who voted for hillary or wanted her to win has said:

"good game, congrats to President Trump and his supporters on the win, i'm putting America first so i'm going to stand by our new President and support him for the good of the country"

Not one person.

i'm still waiting for someone from the other side to step up for the good of the country and support this great man.
I would never support a anti-science birther verfied swindler nitwit...I have more dignity, higher ideals and a better education that....Jeez!

Old 11-17-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I would never support a anti-science birther verfied swindler nitwit...I have more dignity, higher ideals and a better education that....Jeez!
You're not being asked to support HIM, you're being asked to support America. He is your president whether you like it or not, so you can be anti-american and not support him, or you can put the country first and your interests second, and support him. Why does it have to be about YOU?

Old 11-17-2016, 09:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
You have your own version of "the best kind of person" so I'm not sure you're able to be objective. Dignity, ok but that can keep you trapped. Ideals, everyone thinks theirs are the best. Education, what kind? I see some stupid college majors and students that are dumb as dirt and can't think critically.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:51 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Uh huh. Yet you voted for Hillary, correct? Hillary who is a corrupt liar that put our national security and country at risk. Oh, the irony!

Old 11-17-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Uh huh. Yet you voted for Hillary, correct? Hillary who is a corrupt liar that put our national security and country at risk. Oh, the irony!
The Hillary voters didn't do their homework, they put national security at risk by trying to elect an emotionally and mentally unstable war monger who's talked about 'droning' people, she would have engaged in war with Russia or someone else, she wouldn't have 'worked with' them to rid our world of terrorists, anyone who's paying attention already sees, within one week, how much more 'fit' Trump is to lead this nation, she's lashing out like a scorned schoolgirl after the election and having to be physically restrained, good god, what would we have done had we elected her, i get chills just thinking about how close to the apocalypse we came.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections