Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:49 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Never happen. Trump said he wants his VP to 1) Be a politician and 2) Work with Congress. Cruz only has Number 1 going for him. Plus, if he's appointed to some other position, do you think the Senate would confirm him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 12:21 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsHUPqhAGrk

Going to vote for Trump BECAUSE I AM ANGRY.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:41 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Carson would be good, I like having Cruz still in the senate to battle there
Carson would be terrible. He's a horrible speaker and debater. He has nothing to offer the ticket except he is black and even then, democratic blacks will just call him an Uncle Tom. He will bring in absolutely no new votes for Trump.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:43 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Cruz looks great on paper. He's brilliant and would provide a knowledgeable policy expert in this administration. Still, I can't help feeling he's slimy personally.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:44 AM

The smart choice is Kasich. Kasich will ensure they win Ohio which is crucial. Kasich is a popular 2 term governor that has experience in the government and dealing with democrats. As far as his liberal stand goes with illegals, it won't make any difference since he won't be able to promote his illegal agenda under Trump.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:45 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Cruz would make a stellar SC Justice. He would never get approved by the democrats.
A Pentecostal religious fundamentalist should never be put onto the Supreme Ct.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:40 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The smart choice is Kasich. Kasich will ensure they win Ohio which is crucial. Kasich is a popular 2 term governor that has experience in the government and dealing with democrats. As far as his liberal stand goes with illegals, it won't make any difference since he won't be able to promote his illegal agenda under Trump.
Kasich thinks VP is beneath him.

Kasich thinks he can become President as the only establishment candidate. Kasich thinks Cruz and Trump will split the outsider vote. Kasich is mistaken about the split. He's about 2 months behind on his thinking. It's no longer an establishment vs outsider race.

Cruz thinks he can become President as the only true conservative. Cruz thinks Kasich and Trump will split the "moderate vote." It's why Cruz keeps repeating Trump is not a true conservative and he, Cruz, is that person. Cruz is also mistaken about the split. It was never about conservative vs moderate in 2016 but since Cruz lost all of those "evangelical states" in the southeast, "true conservative" is all he apparently thinks he can hang his hat on. Like I said, it's not about conservative vs non-conservative in 2016.

I'm not sure Trump even realizes how the 3 candidates divvy up the vote even though he played a big part in creating it.

The Republican candidate split has been defined by the media, the Democrats and the Republican establishment. We hear about it every hour and every day. It's right in their faces but they don't see it or see their part in creating the split. It's Trump vs The Two Non-Trumps. And thanks to the afore mention groups pounding home that non-Trump message, Cruz and Kasich will split the non-Trump vote and Trump will win. It's that simple.

So, you go John Kasich. Hamstring Cruz for us.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:46 AM

The problem with Cruz, and I like Cruz, is that he will lose Trump votes, not gain him votes in the general election. The whole objective in a running mate is to gain votes you wouldn't get otherwise.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:57 AM

It wouldn't shock me if Kasich makes a deal with Trump to be his running mate. If Trump wins, he will be in his mid 70s when it's time for re-election and he probably wouldn't run for a second term because he would have nothing else to prove at that point.
Kasich could be his running mate with a promise that Trump steps aside in 4 years letting Kasich be the front runner and maybe even be easily elected. If Kasich plays his cards right, he has a good chance of being President in 4 years.
Of course, it's a speculation but makes sense to me.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:16 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It wouldn't shock me if Kasich makes a deal with Trump to be his running mate. If Trump wins, he will be in his mid 70s when it's time for re-election and he probably wouldn't run for a second term because he would have nothing else to prove at that point.
Kasich could be his running mate with a promise that Trump steps aside in 4 years letting Kasich be the front runner and maybe even be easily elected. If Kasich plays his cards right, he has a good chance of being President in 4 years.
Of course, it's a speculation but makes sense to me.
Does make sense. For Trump it is all about his brand and his ego. Would be very surprised if he did two terms.
Working long hard days for a non-profit does not fit his style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections