Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 10:24 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,446,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by dexter75:
View Post
"If most of the Rubio supporters start voting Cruz as expected, that's not impossible."

^^^^^^^

I agree 100% Thanks for your post, NekoLogic

I think some people just registered on City Data to promote a certain candidate.

They must be on their payroll, because they are on 24/7 posting against Mr. Trump or in favor of Cruz or Hillary Clinton....

Every thread I look at has the same posters bashing Mr. Trump, then I look at the registration date & it all makes sense.....
Wouldn't surprise me either. Seems more than a few id's keep popping up in a most obsessive manner with quick or no follow-ups on other posts. Given "Professional" product/service reviewers exist in decent size numbers, paid to bash or provide glowing reviews on a service or product, politics isn't much difference in my book and seems ripe for the same sort of game. Would be interesting for someone who works in the IT department at CD to do some IP tracing and see if one USERID is being used in multiple locations throughout the US so it's a round the clock operation? Or perhaps a group of CD USERID's are coming from a same group of "local" IP addresses, working in a ring. Of course more sophisticated operations could figure out ways to be a little more clever but so can an IP department. Would be fun to be in the CD IT department and be assigned to such a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 11:04 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,328,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
You been wrong about everything for months.
So have most political analysts who know much more than me and do this for a living, I dont feel so bad

Old 03-16-2016, 11:39 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,423,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
So have most political analysts who know much more than me and do this for a living, I dont feel so bad
No most political analysts haven't been wrong nearly as much as you,only the ones on 'Red State'.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:08 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How can Cruz say he has a path to the nomination? He keeps repeating this like he & Trump are on equal footing.

He needs 79% of remaining delegates. He will have to win 4 out of every 5 delegates. I don't see it happening. Not even close.

With Rubio out, Ted will be getting more than 50% of the vote in the majority of states left to go.
Then there is this little tactic he learned from the Ron Paul Grassroots. The majority of bound Trump delegates, are Ted Cruz supporters. Yes, they are bound to trump on the first vote, but.........
SHOCKER!

Trump has no clue it is coming. He wants the magic number lowered to accommodate what ever he has.
LOL!

Old 03-17-2016, 12:21 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,423,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With Rubio out, Ted will be getting more than 50% of the vote in the majority of states left to go.
Then there is this little tactic he learned from the Ron Paul Grassroots. The majority of bound Trump delegates, are Ted Cruz supporters. Yes, they are bound to trump on the first vote, but.........
SHOCKER!

Trump has no clue it is coming. He wants the magic number lowered to accommodate what ever he has.
LOL!
Yeah,thats how Ron Paul got the nomination in 2012...oh thats right,after about 12 zillion threads telling us how Paul was going to be the nominee despite not winning anywhere because he had all the delegates....Romney got nominated anyway.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:04 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Yeah,thats how Ron Paul got the nomination in 2012...oh thats right,after about 12 zillion threads telling us how Paul was going to be the nominee despite not winning anywhere because he had all the delegates....Romney got nominated anyway.
The Establishment made sure it didn't go to a contested vote. This time they are not so sure they can stop it.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:39 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,328,907 times
Just watched Cruz on the Kelly File. He does need 79% of the remaining delegates, but he doesn't need to win 79% of the vote because of how delegates are allocated. All he has to do is win 55%-45% or better and he will hit that mark. He also brought up a good point. Trump is only 6-10 in closed primaries/caucuses, where he has gotten less percentage of the votes, and 18 of the last 22 will be closed. Add to that the Rubio voters Cruz will be picking up, this ain't over yet

Old 03-17-2016, 06:44 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then there is this little tactic he learned from the Ron Paul Grassroots.
Hmm. When did Ron Paul win a nomination to be US President?

If this is who Cruz takes lesson from, then I'd say Cruz is toast as those daunting odds indicate.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:50 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,092,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by dexter75:
View Post
"If most of the Rubio supporters start voting Cruz as expected, that's not impossible."

^^^^^^^

I agree 100% Thanks for your post, NekoLogic

I think some people just registered on City Data to promote a certain candidate.

They must be on their payroll, because they are on 24/7 posting against Mr. Trump or in favor of Cruz or Hillary Clinton....

Every thread I look at has the same posters bashing Mr. Trump, then I look at the registration date & it all makes sense.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me either. Seems more than a few id's keep popping up in a most obsessive manner with quick or no follow-ups on other posts. Given "Professional" product/service reviewers exist in decent size numbers, paid to bash or provide glowing reviews on a service or product, politics isn't much difference in my book and seems ripe for the same sort of game. Would be interesting for someone who works in the IT department at CD to do some IP tracing and see if one USERID is being used in multiple locations throughout the US so it's a round the clock operation? Or perhaps a group of CD USERID's are coming from a same group of "local" IP addresses, working in a ring. Of course more sophisticated operations could figure out ways to be a little more clever but so can an IP department. Would be fun to be in the CD IT department and be assigned to such a thing.
Well, to be fair, the same logic also applies to the Mr. Trump supporters here who create thousands of pro-Trump threads and post pro-Trump blurbs. It's all good. I think people are just very passionate about politics.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't think anyone is professionally promoting their candidates on City-Data. Worldwide, it's ranked about 2,000th in terms of website traffic, and the Politics - Elections & Other Controversies forum probably comprises a very small part of the traffic. I mean, it is called City-Data for crying out loud!

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 06:52 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,176,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How can Cruz say he has a path to the nomination? He keeps repeating this like he & Trump are on equal footing.

He needs 79% of remaining delegates. He will have to win 4 out of every 5 delegates. I don't see it happening. Not even close.
To Cruz: And I just need to pick the correct 6 numbers to win the NJ Lottery tonight.

For Cruz: Not very likely.

For Me: Not very likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections