U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 07:34 AM

23,580 posts, read 17,553,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Your math is off, he needs closer to 600 to win. You really expect Trumps racist, hateful rhetoric to fly in those states? You're in for a surprise. His rhetoric doesn't play well outside the south and Cruz just picked up a ton of new voters with Rubio dropping out.
Trump has won in states in all regions. He's not a regional candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 11:54 AM

45,084 posts, read 17,914,816 times
Even though Cruz will take Utah, Trump has decided to hold a Town Hall in Salt Lake City tonight. UT becomes winner take all of one of the candidates hits 50%.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:14 PM

34,682 posts, read 33,681,492 times
Quote:
Your math is off, he needs closer to 600 to win. You really expect Trumps racist, hateful rhetoric to fly in those states? You're in for a surprise. His rhetoric doesn't play well outside the south and Cruz just picked up a ton of new voters with Rubio dropping out.
You're wrong. The Democrats, the media and the Republican establishment have stupidly changed the narrative from a race between the outsiders and the establishment (where Cruz and Trump would split the outsider vote allowing Kasich an opening to pick up a few states) to one of Trump vs Non-Trump (where Kasich and Cruz will split the non-Trump vote) allowing Trump to be victorious. By playing up the non-Trump angle everyone is handing Trump the nomination on a silver platter.

Cruz is desperately clinging to the idea that he's the only true conservative (thinking Kasich and Trump would split some undefined non-Conservative vote handing Cruz the nomination), and it may be so that Cruz is the only true conservative, but in 2016 it has never been shown to matter as evidenced by Trump sweeping the Southeast.

Looks to me like Cruz is S.O.o.L.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:48 PM

13,129 posts, read 4,476,925 times
Quote:
And even fewer buy into the Evangelical conspiracy theory rhetoric either. I'm sure Trump got some of Rubio's voters as well.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:02 PM

With the news out of Alaska, Trump only needs 541 delegates out of 1044.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:11 PM

14,403 posts, read 11,713,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
With the news out of Alaska, Trump only needs 541 delegates out of 1044.

Does that count the 17 delegates that he picks up with the official win in Missouri? He was listed as only 25; but the 'win' would bring him up to 37.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:33 PM

6,576 posts, read 9,487,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The most likely scenario is that Hillary will lose her voice completely and goes silent. Trump then has to debate a sign language stand in for Hillary. I say Trump would win the debates.
In presidential debates you have to give details of your plans one lines like I will make America grate again or I run business I know how to create jobs will kill you. Clinton will win a debate 100 times over vs Trump. Would not surprise me if Trump did not even do a debate so not doing a debate vs doing a debate for Trump will hurt him exactly the same.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:43 PM

19,029 posts, read 12,202,327 times
Quote:
Let's face it - you just hate Trump. Can you list off Trump's "racist" statements?

Here are Hillary's racist statements:

Black Activist Confronts Hillary Clinton over Her Racist Statements, Goes Viral

Hillary Clinton Gets Busted Making Disgustingly Racist Comment... Media Says Nothing

Hillary Clinton Praises Woman Who Tried to "Exterminate" Blacks

Sardonicky: Hillary Clinton's Racism

The Foulmouthed Clintons

Old 03-18-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Does that count the 17 delegates that he picks up with the official win in Missouri? He was listed as only 25; but the 'win' would bring him up to 37.
It does. I had already taken the worst case scenario for Trump in Missouri into account.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:43 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,672,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
it may be so that Cruz is the only true conservative, but in 2016 it has never been shown to matter as evidenced by Trump sweeping the Southeast.

Looks to me like Cruz is S.O.o.L.
Thats an excellent point.I even think Cruz is the 'truest conservative' but for many of us that in and of itself isn't enough.I don't even totally understand why I don't like Cruz but the more I listen to him the less I like him.I'm not going to 'pull a Dexter' and spew a bunch of pointless insults about him,if he pulls of a miracle and wins the nomination I WILL vote for him over Hillary Clinton although I see no path to him beating her.When the very conservative,religious,Cruz loses the entire south to a guy from New York who quotes 'two Corinthians' you know all hope for him should be lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or