Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 04:36 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
LOLOL.

You post this, yet you support someone actively advocating torture, violating the Geneva Convention, violating international law (by killing combatants' families) and violating domestic law. Someone who encourages audiences at his rally to be violent towards protesters.

Hilarious to see a Trumplet talk about "right and wrong."
Let's talk about "hilarious". Personally, I feel actions speak much louder than words and here's exhibit A:

75 Times Obama Broke Law During Presidency » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Obama recess appointments unconstitutional - Washington Times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...hould-sue-him/

Judge: Obama's immigration move unconstitutional - CNNPolitics.com

But bless the other sides hearts, of course, and we should just trust their rhetoric nonsense but ignore their actions. Hey woodfin.....i still got that ocean front property in iowa for you. Since I tell you it's ocean front, it must be true, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
I'm guessing you're choosing to ignore the post that was LITERALLY 2 posts below the post you're so outraged about, which said he didn't agree with this behavior at all?
Thanks, missed the "clarification". Glad this individual changed their mind so quickly!

Last edited by stevek64; 03-18-2016 at 04:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 04:46 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Add me to that category.

However, this does not have a chance of calming down, and in fact will get worse, as long as he continues to poke the hornet's nest. Words are a very powerful tool, even lethal, when the person speaking them has rabid, unhinged, blindly loyal followers just waiting for an excuse to physically lash out at someone. They can also put enough fear in other people that they feel they must do something extreme to protect themselves.

Trump is playing with fire, throwing in gunpowder for extra effect, and thinks it is all like a great big reality TV show where it is just good entertainment. It's not a TV show, people can and probably will get hurt. The unknowns at this point are who, how many, and what the final trigger was. It's coming. The only person capable of putting the brakes on it is Trump.
Truer words were never written than the bolded above. I don't agree with the personal info dump, but Trump really is treating this campaign like a reality show where he thinks he is in control. He lost control a while ago, but doesn't seem to realize it yet. But this is going to get real for him now. Like you, I hope he realizes it and puts the brakes on, but somehow I doubt this will happen until something forces him to. That is the real fear that many of us have had for a while now.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:50 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
Wrong cell number

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...90822913650688

Old 03-18-2016, 05:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
How is this different than Trump giving out Lindsey Graham's private cell phone number on national tv?

Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
How is this different than Trump giving out Lindsey Graham's private cell phone number on national tv?
Good question. And the answer is, it's different because Trump can dish it out but he can't take it.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I think hacking into someone's private data via illegal electronic means is juuuuust a bit more serious.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I think hacking into someone's private data via illegal means is juuuuust a bit more serious.
Both are an invasion of privacy. Trump simply doesn't observe the rules of civilized society.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Both are an invasion of privacy. Trump simply doesn't observe the rules of civilized society.
But I don't think it's a crime. Hacking one's electronic data is a very, very serious matter.

You can equate them if you choose but it doesn't change reality.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
The biggest difference is that he thought it was funny when he was publicizing Graham's info. I'm betting he's not laughing very hard now that the shoe is on the other foot.

I'm not condoning either action, but it is amusing to see his own tactics used against him.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
You have a candidate leading in the polls who MANY see as the next Hitler.
Tactics like this are exactly the type of thing HITLER WOULD HAVE DONE..

I'd say its the anti trump acting like Hitler...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections