Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 02:00 PM

3,613 posts, read 2,879,859 times

Advertisements

Health care workers, grocery workers, hardware store workers, airport workers all can work and none are dying in the aisle or in the planes.

What happened to having some courage and stepping up and going to work? I get in sense in most blue states that no school is going to occur till 2022 or after.

They simply just want a free paycheck for many years to come. I have never seen so many cowards, scared of kids. The kids have more guts than these freeloading adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 02:03 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,516,814 times
Well said. Thank you.

My husband taught in the mid-to-late 70's, back before teachers became, on the whole, ugly-minded liberal babysitters. He was a great teacher and his students loved him until the day he died.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:49 PM

46,175 posts, read 26,894,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeradeMcSmoothBum View Post
Or you know classrooms are like a buffet for viruses. And we have tech that can allow classrooms to continue without being present.
No, no they are not buffets...

Or the biden admin can follow the science and at least open up K-8...because the science says it's O.K.

Amazing the left only wants to follow the science when they see fit....

Old 02-26-2021, 03:50 PM

9,344 posts, read 6,897,357 times
Those who can, do; those who can't, teach

Old 02-26-2021, 03:52 PM

29,451 posts, read 22,392,470 times
I'm not saying they are all like this, but no doubt some of them have become spoiled with working from home, which is decidedly more relaxed and chill than having to go into a classroom full of unruly kids.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:57 PM

25,344 posts, read 18,489,446 times
Quote:
Or you know classrooms are like a buffet for viruses. And we have tech that can allow classrooms to continue without being present.
Yeah sure. And you might want to read the emerging statistics on that "tech" and how it is affecting our youth and their performance and psychology. But you just go right on locking kids into a prison over a virus that is of no danger to them at all, statistically. Makes lots and lots of sense... to those who are insane.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:00 PM

3,979 posts, read 6,540,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Health care workers, grocery workers, hardware store workers, airport workers all can work and none are dying in the aisle or in the planes.

What happened to having some courage and stepping up and going to work? I get in sense in most blue states that no school is going to occur till 2022 or after.

They simply just want a free paycheck for many years to come. I have never seen so many cowards, scared of kids. The kids have more guts than these freeloading adults.
The problem with generalizations is that they are so often WRONG. We are in a "blue" state. My wife has been back at school since the fall. So no, my freeloading wife is not just sitting back collecting a paycheck "for many years to come".

She is not "afraid of kids" even though she is an SLP (you probably don't know what that is so look it up) and gets accidently spit on daily. She gets to wear a mask for 8+ hours a day and toggle between teaching students who are in front of her and the few who have opted to remain at home - all behind a plexiglass partition that is supposed to offer her some semblance of protection from the spit.

I could go on and on, but you don't care because in your small mind you've already decided that you know everything about everything so why bother.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:03 PM

17,344 posts, read 9,161,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Those who can, do; those who can't, teach
Now they are even refusing to teach. I wonder if any of them have a clue about how angry parents are about what they are doing.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:04 PM

46,175 posts, read 26,894,103 times
Quote:
I understand that kids are not as affected by it as adults, but the teachers are also trying not to catch it, schools don't wanna be responsible for taking the virus home and killing the parents.

Kids are little Petri-dishes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdxcGqmslo

Again, the science disagrees with you.

And do tell, how would the school be responsible? That's like saying, I went to work, caught CV-19 (who knows where) but it happened at work...I know it did....

Old 02-26-2021, 04:11 PM

25,344 posts, read 18,489,446 times
Quote:
I agree, tech is a double edged sword.

I didn't say the tech was great or better than really teaching in person.

But for now, we're trying to not kill staff and parents.

Oh and:
Hundreds of Children admitted to Arizona Hospitals for Covid-19
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/hu...s-for-covid-19

And even if these kids didn't die, it will spread through their families and it will do the opposite of trying to reduce the spread of the pandemic.
Well, I've been teaching in-person classes the entire "pandemic." I've seen quite a number of students get covid. Every one of them either had zero symptoms or had the sniffles for a day or two. I have a job to do. And if I don't have the courage to do it, then I need to find another line of employment where I can sit in my basement for the rest of my life and shiver in fear.

But, no thanks. I'll take my chances.

Last edited by ChrisC; 02-26-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies