Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 11:28 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You can if you save up the loan down payment and finance the rest. That's what I did. Borrowing money and paying interest is not "taking" money from anyone. Others are investing in your loan and expecting a return on that investment.

Trump got $1 million from his dad, and turned it into multiple billions of dollars. And, yes, that is quite impressive. You HAVE to know how the economy works in order to do so.
well I agree. It is just that when you say "we started out with nothing" i need some clarification, That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well I agree. It is just that when you say "we started out with nothing" i need some clarification, That is all.
We did start with nothing. Lived in a dive, well below our means. Saved. And invested the savings. Very similar to how the millionaires in The Millionaire Next Door did it.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:41 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
We did start with nothing. Lived in a dive, well below our means. Saved. And invested the savings. Very similar to how the millionaires in The Millionaire Next Door did it.
Again, when you claimed "we started with nothing" I thought you are like one of those activists took over homes left vacant due to foreclosures. lol

since now you made some clarification, makes sense.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:45 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Again, when you claimed "we started with nothing" I thought you are like one of those activists took over homes left vacant due to foreclosures. lol
Not exactly... but I was working in retail (while looking for a real job in the emplyment dearth of the early 1980s) and my spouse was driving a school bus while finishing his college education.

Quote:
since now you made some clarification, makes sense.
Yep. If we can do it, given our very humble beginnings, so can anyone else.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:18 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
Default Calculator tells you how each presidential candidate's tax plan affects you

This simple calculator tells you how each presidential candidate's tax plan affects you - Vox

I'm skeptical.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:37 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,109 times
Wow, what an eye-opener (and I don't even live there). I was not aware that your wonderful republican Tedd Cruz is proposing a VAT (16%!), shocking. Is anyone talking about this in your press?

Old 03-28-2016, 02:04 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Wow, what an eye-opener (and I don't even live there). I was not aware that your wonderful republican Tedd Cruz is proposing a VAT (16%!), shocking. Is anyone talking about this in your press?

Rubio and Cruz Dueled Over the VAT Tax. And the Winner Was… - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Here is an explanation of what Cruz is suggesting.

It was an eye opener to me to see that under Cruz and to a lesser extent, under Sleazy Don's tax plans I would keep a substantial amount of the income I earn (enough to help pay for my kids' college expenses, etc.) and under Sanders, I would lose more of the income I earn, than I would get to keep under any other candidate.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:13 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times
Ah Bernie Sander's $8,000 more. Taking from those of us who worked hard and giving to those who do not. There are ways to make College more affordable without ruining a portion of the stock market and taxing us all a stupid amount. Pisses me off millenial's cannot see his lies about the trade agreements too. THEY ARE GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE THE SKILLS TO COMPETE IN THE GLOBAL MARKET. Technology isn't going away. Bottom line, I live in overtaxed PA and between my girlfriend and I, Bernie Sander's will reduce our Quality of Life.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:41 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,109 times
Interesting read, thanks.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:56 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Ah Bernie Sander's $8,000 more. Taking from those of us who worked hard and giving to those who do not. There are ways to make College more affordable without ruining a portion of the stock market and taxing us all a stupid amount. Pisses me off millenial's cannot see his lies about the trade agreements too. THEY ARE GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE THE SKILLS TO COMPETE IN THE GLOBAL MARKET. Technology isn't going away. Bottom line, I live in overtaxed PA and between my girlfriend and I, Bernie Sander's will reduce our Quality of Life.
How much are you paying in monthly health insurance premiums and what's your annual deductible. Chances are those two added together are over $7,000. Add in what you're not getting in salary but in compensation for your employer's share of insurance and you're well over that amount.

You're paying it now but just not getting much in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections