Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 06:12 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,494,665 times

Advertisements

The Republican Party as it is currently constituted will never win another election. It's Whig material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 06:15 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,577,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The Republican Party as it is currently constituted will never win another election. It's Whig material.
That's premature. It might be able to bounce back from this.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:24 AM

25,571 posts, read 21,753,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I was being facetious in my first post. I agree. I think Hillary is pretty much a shoo-in at this point, but I can't see her being a two-term president. Back-to-back two-term presidents from the same party are exceedingly rare. If the Republicans can get their act together and put up someone in decent in 2020, they'll probably win.
Quote:
I agree with one caveat. The GOP should concede the 2020 election too and focus on 2024. Four years won't be enough time to clean up the mess.
Now, I thought your first post about it taking more than 4 years to clean up the mess was the best of the lot and you're not serious? That's too bad.

The GOP only wanted to win if Bush (dynasty) could win. Now, they want to throw it to Hillary (dynasty) since Bush could not get out of the starting gate no matter how much money they threw in his direction. The only chance we have of defeating Hillary is to nominee Trump and that is why the GOP is fighting it.

Judge Pirro says it best: Justice with Judge Jeanine | Fox News

Old 03-28-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
That's premature. It might be able to bounce back from this.

They're exactly the same as the Democrats.

There's no need for 2 Democratic Parties.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,367,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
First off, I want to say that I am no fan of LZ Granderson, because of his far-left views and because he often sees America as a place that "persecutes" blacks and gays. Yet I do agree with assessment that the GOP should give up on 2016 & focus on winning the WH in 2020:
This has to be one of the silliest ideas that I think I have seen come out of this election cycle. The GOP "conservative" ivory tower bunch is proving itself to be bunch if cry baby wimps because it's not getting it's way. Hillary Clinton is no guaranteed win. If anything, signs point to her facing historic losses.

The idiots in the GOP, instead of inventing new reasons not to support Donald Trump out to pick their assess off their ideological toad stools and take advantage of all the new people he brings to the GOP. Taking down Hillary should be an easy win especially after 8 years of Obama. But they want to repeat another idiotic Romney style election and the results will be the same.

Give me a break.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This has to be one of the silliest ideas that I think I have seen come out of this election cycle. The GOP "conservative" ivory tower bunch is proving itself to be bunch if cry baby wimps because it's not getting it's way. Hillary Clinton is no guaranteed win. If anything, signs point to her facing historic losses.

The idiots in the GOP, instead of inventing new reasons not to support Donald Trump out to pick their assess off their ideological toad stools and take advantage of all the new people he brings to the GOP. Taking down Hillary should be an easy win especially after 8 years of Obama. But they want to repeat another idiotic Romney style election and the results will be the same.

Give me a break.

It's clear to me the R's made a deal with Obama in 2012 - they'd let him have a 2nd term so long as he furthered their agenda to import low-cost labor and take the heat for it, while the R's could pretend that they opposed him.

There's no other way to explain their actions over the last 4 years, especially the Ryan budget. It also explains Romney's ineffectual campaign.

Trump has upset their applecart.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:55 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
I'm voting for Sanders but because someone from the left says the GOP should pack it in this election that is notable?

I think not.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It's clear to me the R's made a deal with Obama in 2012 - they'd let him have a 2nd term so long as he furthered their agenda to import low-cost labor and take the heat for it, while the R's could pretend that they opposed him.
IMO, they were too arrogant and self important to be making deals with anyone. Romney's loss in SC ought to have been warning enough for them, but like we see now, they will slit their own wrists just to prove the knife was sharp.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:00 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,055,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Oh, geez.

The first woman president, then the first Latino president -- after having the first black president.

What about the poor Jews, Asians and gays?

I mean, if you want competence....

And what about the Native Americans?

All this "social justice" and "wisdom" from the Left.

Too funny...Julian Castro -- another pretty boy fake like Obama, this time to coddle the illegals.
Well, why not . . . . Ashkenazi Jews, Asians and gays have the highest IQ's . . . something we can surely use. Latinos and Native Americans? There ought to be a POTUS sooner or later if they are given fair chance . . . though that could be 4 years from now or 150 years from now . . . . .

People celebrate the "firsts" because each signifies that our society has made a long-overdue stride in that a majority of our voters did not let a candidate's gender/race/ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation get in the way of electing him/her to the highest office in the nation. It's not about "it's their turn." Think Jackie Robinson or Ichiro Suzuki. . . .

Not that long ago people from such groups were prevented from voting or having other equal rights, excluded from being a citizen even if they were born here, subjected to slavery and denied civil rights, etc. and attitudes change a lot slower than the laws.

Like Daniel Carver (Grand Dragon, KKK) says, "Wake up white people!"

Mick

Old 03-28-2016, 07:05 AM

I saw that interview on ABC yesterday morning. ABC brought that blowhard in immediately after interviewing Trump. This is how they operate.

All these TV pundits, including the bunch on that ABC program, gave us reason after reason as to why Trump wouldn't stay in the race, that he wasn't a "real" candidate, that he would drop out, that he wouldn't win a single primary, etc etc etc. In fact, the moderator there, said as much.

They were all 100% wrong. Yet they continue to give us reason after reason as to why Trump won't make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections