Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:15 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,502,350 times

Advertisements

You people actually watched. What a boring three hours that must have been. Was there anything new that hasn't been hashed out in the last 20 debates and townhalls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 10:17 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,822,768 times
Here is Donald Trump at the CNN Town Hall tonight in the event someone missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

Old 03-29-2016, 10:20 PM

16,847 posts, read 10,478,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And I'm sure Cruz never expected another candidate to blatantly send out a tweet, typed by that candidate's own fingers, insulting Cruz's wife based on her looks, of all things. Kasich had the right answer to that question in the end - We should have never agreed to that, but it was the first debate, we weren't aware of everything that would happen and it was stupid to do it.

But, listen Dude, they have all now said in various ways no or it depends on who. Either they are all justified or they are all wrong. This double standard that Trump supporters tend to have drives me nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You people actually watched. What a boring three hours that must have been. Was there anything new that hasn't been hashed out in the last 20 debates and townhalls.
They all backed out of their pledges, but I do think it was significant that Cruz backed out first. Once he backed out, why should the rest support the nominee?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:25 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,817,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I bet he's color blind. It does seem like someone would clue him in.

I want to know why he can't get traction. Instead, as one comedian put it, we are stuck with Mussolini and Joe McCarthy.
Combination of
Media and campaign strategy. He has looked very well in the last 3-4 debates or tow halls. But you almost won't hear his name mentioned in between debates. If you're carol Costello on CNN for three hours on a Tuesday afternoon, exactly what about John Kasich are you going to talk about? The leading candidates are the ones that have been able to manipulate the news cycle. In this election, it seems 'no press is bad press.'

Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,355,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

Trump's supporters consider his twitter rants "long reads", so it's no surprise they find the debates boring...

Old 03-29-2016, 10:46 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,015,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They all backed out of their pledges, but I do think it was significant that Cruz backed out first. Once he backed out, why should the rest support the nominee?
Oh, I don't know, maybe under the theory that you don't allow others' inability to do the right thing be an excuse for you to do the wrong thing. So, no, I don't think it was significant at all that he backed out first, he was just first up so he had to answer first. It was a really stupid pledge, and Kasich is right, none of them should have agreed to it in the first place. Honestly, I don't blame any of them for backing away from it and shame on Reince Pribus for putting them all in that predicament. But, unless you are just biased, either they all get a pass or none of them get a pass.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:48 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,467,569 times
Trump's worst night ever.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:52 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,015,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Trump's worst night ever.
Yeah... Being told you are acting like a 5 year-old by the moderator and responding to it just like a 5 year-old would is comic gold and is already swarming the Twitterverse and YouTube.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:57 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,313,835 times
Just watched this back and my God, how clueless can Trump be?! He said healthcare and education were two of the most important roles of government but claims he's against Obamacare and Common Core, which are government run healthcare and education. Then when Cooper calls him out on it, he backtracks and says it should be at the state level but government needs to play a role too. This pathetic fraud contradicts himself twice within a minute. What a complete joke. Cruz on the other hand was measured and knew his stuff, as usual. That's what a President looks and sounds like.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,220,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Just watched this back and my God, how clueless can Trump be?! He said healthcare and education were two of the most important roles of government but claims he's against Obamacare and Common Core, which are government run healthcare and education. Then when Cooper calls him out on it, he backtracks and says it should be at the state level but government needs to play a role too. This pathetic fraud contradicts himself twice within a minute. What a complete joke. Cruz on the other hand was measured and knew his stuff, as usual. That's what a President looks and sounds like.

Cruz knew his stuff???? LMAO!!! Carpet bombing and refused to answer details?....Cruz is a joke that's why he is hated in the Senate by people that know him.

Trump always said healthcare and education should be in control at the state level.

take out your Cruz sunglasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections