Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 08:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yawn...
Yeah, its called bieng a LYING SCUMBAG POLITICIAN all her life. Hillary has NEVER meant a word of anything she says, she spouts off liberal talking points based on what her handlers tell her to say. She is a puppet of George Soros. Quit thinking she cares about anyone other than herself.
24% of what Trump says is true (fact checked). The other 76% is lies, fiction, exaggeration and as the Trump cult loves to call it, 'hyperbole' (new cult word of the week). That means the faithful are swallowing an awful lot of lies. Not exactly what you would call high-info voters.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:00 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Donald Trump is the best candidate to get this country on track. His Frank talk has created a great movement ,so much so,democrats,independents and Republicans have recognized he is the only man to address the many problems facing Americans today

Old 03-30-2016, 09:13 PM

617 posts, read 349,124 times
By any measure, people like the OP with their countless hater threads, make absolutely no difference to us or the millions who support Trump. It's literally killing them that Trump keeps appealing to more and more people, especially the more bashing these Clinton/Sanders robots do.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:19 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Great editorial in The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin's largest newspaper, calling for voters to say no to his bigotry, his contempt for women and minorities, and his vague and clueless bluster about the problems facing this country.

By any measure, Donald Trump is unfit to be president

The whole article is worth a read. Here's hoping Wisconsin is listening.
Who knows? Maybe neighboring Minnesota will follow the paper's advice to reject sqirrel-brained politicians, and vote Stuart Smiley out of office.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:24 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
If supporting any other candidate means unifying this country...then my vote is definitely for Trump. I'm voting for a Washington shakeup. Whenever there is a major change, there's upheaval. Think the 1960's.

Real Change (not faux Obama Change) never comes easy.
So much of the herd is asleep on the reality of what you speak. It appears many complain about politicians/hate the direction of our country is going yet want to keep the same slick talking/bought off/lying types running the ship. It's truly beyond mind-boggling. I mean I can understand buying into sander's to some degree even though I think he's selling something that can't happen. But all the people voting for hillary? Or voting for bush, rubio, kasich types, etc.? And when someone like this likely lands in office again, you'll hear the same herd complaining years out about how bad they are. It truly boggles the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
24% of what Trump says is true (fact checked). The other 76% is lies, fiction, exaggeration and as the Trump cult loves to call it, 'hyperbole' (new cult word of the week). That means the faithful are swallowing an awful lot of lies. Not exactly what you would call high-info voters.
As opposed to the honest one's running the ship these days, eh?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
By Any Measure, Donald Trump Is Unfit To Be President
Coming from someone who thinks Hillary is fit to be president your opinion doesn't carry any weight.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
As opposed to the honest one's running the ship these days, eh?
If you are going to make assertions and use your ever so pretentious 'dubious' emoji, please present some facts to back it up. And please be specific.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:42 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If you are going to make assertions and use your ever so pretentious 'dubious' emoji, please present some facts to back it up. And please be specific.
Gladly, with a nice data chart for you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/13/op...hers.html?_r=0

Too few statements have been fact-checked to include Jim Gilmore, George E. Pataki and George W. Bush. The number of statements analyzed varies for each person. Some bars total more or less than 100% because of rounding.
Source: PolitiFact

By Bill Marsh/The New York Times

They ALL lie, and the "least lying" still tell a good amount of lies. Perhaps you're trying to sell me the best of the worst type game and that's a game I don't play.

And look at cruz on this chart....I thought the ultra religious believed lying was wrong and their faith says they should be strongly against it? Or should I say....

Old 03-30-2016, 10:03 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
I have a question for the Trump supporters. Who are the down ticket candidates that are also running and can be elected to make sure all the wonderful things Trump says he will do get done? An isolated president could be very ineffective. Congress controls the pursestrings and if enough of them won't play ball nothing will get done. This doesn't even take into account when economic realities smack up against Trump fantasies. Are you all willing to have your taxes raised, by a lot, to pay for the fantasies.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:18 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama had ZERO international experience, ZERO negotiations experience, NO idea of foreign policy, (remember, thats why Biden was picked), he was a community organizer who registered people to vote, followed by a "teacher"..

His policy ideas were based upon expanding welfare, and taking from the public sector so dont even begin to lecture others on qualifications of others..

Oh c'mon. Obama is a constitutional lawyer and graduated from Harvard Law School magna c um laude. Although classified as a "lecturer" when he taught at the University of Chicago Law School, UC did consider him a "professor" and was classified as a "senior lecturer" not on a tenured track. Calling him simply a "teacher" is disingenuous at best.

Trump on the other hand, was a not an outstanding student of any kind although he considers himself a genius and smarter than 99.99999% of the population. He always touts his degree from Wharton but it was a bachelors degree and the prestigious degrees from Wharton are MBAs. Even his being an official Wharton student is sometimes disputed as some say he only took a few classes at Wharton while at Penn. I'm thinking he actually was enrolled at Wharton for two years as he did get in not because of his grades but because his family ties; his brother, I believe ...and they knew he was from a very wealthy family (as alumni donations are important). I'm not sure he could have qualified to be accepted at Wharton at all if he applied his first year as his SAT scores were marginal from what I've read. He used to claim that he graduated at the top of his class at Wharton but you don't hear him say that much anymore as it was proven that he was not a distinguished graduate at all.

Say what you want about Obama as president but you can't dispute his academic credentials. Compared to Trump, Obama is superior in educational background and so much more superior in his oratory skills.

Last edited by poopskooper; 03-30-2016 at 10:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections