Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:04 PM

20,112 posts, read 16,092,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The spin! It just keeps going...

Did you even watch the video? Or did you just cut and paste what suits your agenda?

He was asked IF it were illegal, would there need to be punishment.

Trump asked Matthews what he meant, did Matthews mean jail time?

Matthews did not answer that question. He kept hounding Trump, which on this particular issue, I get that, and I would expect it for all candidates.

In the end, Trump stated that there should be some punishment (IF it were illegal), but that could not say what that punishment would be, because it's a serious issue. So he's not just going to fly off and blurt something out to appease people, he would take the time to consider what it should be IF it were ever illegal....which you can all calm down, it's not going to be illegal and you know it.

If something is illegal, and there's no punishment...what sense would that make?

"Murder is illegal, but we're not going to do a thing to you if you murder someone." Seriously, people, get a grip.
Uhm.... It is that excusing of the sperm donor when you are prepared to punish the woman that is infuriating.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:06 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,271,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trysometh View Post
Excellent. He is ensuring general election landslide.
That's what it looks like to me. You can make an argument that if you consider abortion to be murder, then there should be punishment, but from the standpoint of electability in a general election, for a candidate that already has a 71% unfavorability with women overall, it looks like a death wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 02:06 PM

39,026 posts, read 51,082,683 times
Back when abortion was illegal (when America was still great), women were not punished for getting one. I dont know for certain as I was but a lad, but recall it was not even illegal to get an abortion - just to provide one.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Men have NO SAY SO in regards to abortions..

Thread FAILURE..

Old 03-30-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Uhm.... It is that excusing of the sperm donor when you are prepared to punish the woman that is infuriating.
Given the female can have abortions without the males permission, how can the guy be punished for something hehas no say in regards?

Old 03-30-2016, 02:10 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,466,301 times
Quote:
Donald Trump said there would “have to be some form of punishment” for women who have abortions if the procedure were outlawed, NBC News reports.
Ten minutes of having to listen to one of his campaign speeches should be sufficient.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,526,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The spin! It just keeps going...

Did you even watch the video? Or did you just cut and paste what suits your agenda?

He was asked IF it were illegal, would there need to be punishment.

Trump asked Matthews what he meant, did Matthews mean jail time?

Matthews did not answer that question. He kept hounding Trump, which on this particular issue, I get that, and I would expect it for all candidates.

In the end, Trump stated that there should be some punishment (IF it were illegal), but that could not say what that punishment would be, because it's a serious issue. So he's not just going to fly off and blurt something out to appease people, he would take the time to consider what it should be IF it were ever illegal....which you can all calm down, it's not going to be illegal and you know it.

If something is illegal, and there's no punishment...what sense would that make?

"Murder is illegal, but we're not going to do a thing to you if you murder someone." Seriously, people, get a grip.
I'm not sure why Trump even wastes time with these pundits anymore with their gotcha questions. Maybe Hillary is right to hide from them as much as she can.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:14 PM

20,112 posts, read 16,092,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Given the female can have abortions without the males permission, how can the guy be punished for something hehas no say in regards?
If it becomes illegal that distinction goes out the window, it will no longer be about her right to make decisions about her body. So, if she gets an abortion in the future, unless she does it despite him trying to stop her, he should bear responsibility also.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Trump's a misogynist.

Which anyone who isn't a member of the cult already knew. He says cruel things about women, he degrades women. He not only wants choice taken away.... he wants women punished for the most personal decision a woman can make.

Should he actually manage to get the nomination (which is looking less likely considering he just committed political suicide on national TV) , I look forward to the epic landslide of the Democrats in November. When women rise up and tell him exactly where he can put his "ideas".

Old 03-30-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If it becomes illegal that distinction goes out the window, it will no longer be about her right to make decisions about her body. So, if she gets an abortion in the future, unless she does it despite him trying to stop her, he bears responsibility.
no, if its illegal the distinction does not go out the window unless the guy forces her to have an abortion at gunpoint. She can go on her own, without the guys permission, immaterial of the legality of the act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections