Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 09:14 PM

952 posts, read 516,685 times

Advertisements

OK, so Trump and Priebus (two of the most smug individuals I can think of) get together....

Trump meets with RNC chief in DC, days after backing out of pledge | Fox News

Trump said in a tweet that he had a “very nice meeting” with Priebus and that he looked forward to bringing the party together.

In an interview Thursday night with on Fox News' "On The Record" with Greta van Susteren, Priebus said he could not say exactly what he talked about in the meeting with Trump, but that candidates aren't "going to get the data and tools of the RNC, run to be our nominee, and tell me they’re not going to support the party."

Did Trump cave, or did he strike a deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 09:25 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,182,103 times
Trump won as he holds all of the cards ...

If the RNC continues to do everything in its power to block Trump from the nomination, Trump runs as an Independent and the Dems get the WH. I'm sure Reince understands Trump's appeal in the Northeast and that Cruz has no shot of getting close to Trump's delegate count.

IMO, you will see the GOP move to block Trump disintegrate and more jumping on his bandwagon.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:54 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
The rules for the RNC Convention, do not get made until July!!!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post

If the RNC continues to do everything in its power to block Trump from the nomination, Trump runs as an Independent and the Dems get the WH. I'm sure Reince understands Trump's appeal in the Northeast and that Cruz has no shot of getting close to Trump's delegate count.

IMO, you will see the GOP move to block Trump disintegrate and more jumping on his bandwagon.
That is how we got Woodrow Wilson. The most damaging president to the US Constitution to date. Yes, even worse than Obama.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:59 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,423,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is how we got Woodrow Wilson. The most damaging president to the US Constitution to date. Yes, even worse than Obama.
So you agree then that Cruz and Kasich should bow out now and endorse Trump?

Old 03-31-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
The rules for the RNC Convention, do not get made until July!!!
I would imagine that those potential 'rules' came up in this meeting...if not, they just got together for a morning of coffee and donuts and shootin' the breeze...

Old 03-31-2016, 10:11 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,182,103 times
Quote:
Sorry, some of us don't believe that Trump would be damaging to the US Constitution.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:

More establishment, or more voters? Don't think any concessions by the establishment will translate into more votes in the primaries or general for Trump at this point. Who would take them seriously?

Old 03-31-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
So you agree then that Cruz and Kasich should bow out now and endorse Trump?

No. Where did I say that?

Do you even understand how on gods green Earth, Woodrow Wilson got elected with less than 50% of the votes.

Cruz, Kasich and Trump are all still in the same political party, last time I checked.

We all know you're not that uninformed, so don't play like that.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Sorry, some of us don't believe that Trump would be damaging to the US Constitution.

Trump? I was talking about Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections