Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 12:27 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He is completely dishonest. He's been in politics long enough to know that his plan to leech money out of the 1% will not work because you can not tax wealth. The middle class will be paying for everything as usual. That is where he is being dishonest and he is counting on the ignorance of the American voter like Gruber said.
It is astounding to state that something can't be done when history has shown that it was already done. The period from the 1930s through the 1970s was a period in which the taxes on wealthy individuals was far higher than now and the middle-class benefited greatly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 12:54 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I feel like with Bernie, he'll be another Obama where he can't deliver promises he made during his campaign and this will allow the GOP to regroup and elect a republican president in 2020, 2024, and 2028.
Because after 8 years of Obama, the GOP really has their Sh-t together now?

Regardless of what you think of Obama (I mean, if you don't like all the jobs, the Dow near record levels, America not attacked and oil plentiful, that's your right), you can't say the GOP is "regrouped". They are in a TOTAL Shambles right now. Trump is leading, and Cruz is #2. They don't even have a #3. How more F'd could they be?

Old 04-01-2016, 12:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It is astounding to state that something can't be done when history has shown that it was already done. The period from the 1930s through the 1970s was a period in which the taxes on wealthy individuals was far higher than now and the middle-class benefited greatly.
Reagan's fallicy of Trickle-down economics is what killed the middle class. It's a great theory, but there's no trickle down. When the Rich's cup fills up, it doesn't runneth-over, they just grab a bucket....

Old 04-01-2016, 02:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
He hasnt made any promises and he aint taking corporate money (Obama did). He is simply laying his vision on the table, and tells the American people that if you want a government and economy that works for the people and not the special interests, you will have to join me and get involved in the political process. Volunteer, organize, inform, pressure your representative . If you dont get involved, you are deciding to let the special interests (the Kochs, Wall St, big pharma etc) decide the future for you.

Listen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrMchxVF8w8
I don't care if a politician takes corporate money or not - unless they eventually level the playing field and make it impossible for ANY of the candidates. That I'm on board with. As long as MY candidate has to compete with 'corporations are people too'' ~ they can take the money.

I care IF it changes their votes. So far, no one has proven to me that is has.

Vision is nice but carry-through is better. Bernie knows he can't carry through - and lays it all on 'the people' to show up for the revolution. Then what Bernie?

I don't trust Bernie NOT to lay all this on the middle class because he isn't a dictator and many Republicans (and Democrats) are not going to be willing to lay it all on the 1%.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:43 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't care if a politician takes corporate money or not - unless they eventually level the playing field and make it impossible for ANY of the candidates. That I'm on board with. As long as MY candidate has to compete with 'corporations are people too'' ~ they can take the money.

I care IF it changes their votes. So far, no one has proven to me that is has.

Vision is nice but carry-through is better. Bernie knows he can't carry through - and lays it all on 'the people' to show up for the revolution. Then what Bernie?

I don't trust Bernie NOT to lay all this on the middle class because he isn't a dictator and many Republicans (and Democrats) are not going to be willing to lay it all on the 1%.
How can anything get done for the people if the people dont stand up for what they believe in and just continue to vote compromised candidates beholden to corporate interests into office? Why else would billions be spent lobbying and donating politicians if they didnt believe it affected politicians? Thats the reason we have a health care system geared towards profits and not human needs. Thats why we have perpetual warfare in the Middle East with war corporations raking in the profits. The corporations care about return on investment and that's what they get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12mJ-U76nfg

You will be paying a 2.2% medicare-for-all tax on income over $28000 plus a cup of coffee per week in a tax so parents can have 12 weeks of paid parental and medical leave so workers can bond with their newborns and say goodbye to their dying parents.

In Vermont, who has known Sanders for 40 years, they made Clinton not viable (less than 15% of the votes) in their primary on Super Tuesday so he got all the delegates. In polling of Republican voters in Vermont before the Republican primary there, Sanders tied with Trump as the candidate they favored. The people who KNOW Sanders and has had him as their mayor or representative in Congress trust him and love him. What does that tell us?

We now have a great chance of getting a man of integrity and ambition as president and majorities not only in the Senate but the House as well (or 2 years later). That will be an incredible opportunity to get big money out of politics and get very progressive Supreme Court justices who will fight for democracy and move towards public funding of elections, so anyone can run for office without having to beg the rich and the powerful for money.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:46 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
I have zero faith in Hillary standing up to Wall Street when they are some of her biggest donors. She is just going to do what all their other bought and paid for politicians do, and that is get in line and so what she is told to do.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:51 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times
Sanders is "Marion Cobretti"!!!

Old 04-01-2016, 03:13 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Sanders is a man of compassion, integrity, ambition and drive who works within the system to get stuff done for ordinary Americans.

Bernie Sanders, gets stuff done, even in the midst of massive opposition

He also fought hard for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCPLzrGPQI

Sanders has been in Congress over 25 years and has gotten nothing done!

Old 04-01-2016, 03:16 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Sanders has been in Congress over 25 years and has gotten nothing done!
Well that is a false statement....but you seem to really believe it. Either that or the 110+ Amendments don't count for you...

Old 04-01-2016, 03:27 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Well that is a false statement....but you seem to really believe it. Either that or the 110+ Amendments don't count for you...

The TRUTH hurts, Sanders didn't nothing applause-able or noteworthy, 25 years of government waste!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections