Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 07:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Have you thought about moving ? Or are you one of THEM ?
I live in a middle class suburb, so it's not bad in my neighborhood, but 10 minute drive into the countryside is Trump country, and filled with the type of people I described. I've lived here since I was a teenager, and before that I grew up in the sticks in PA. Been around these kind of people all my life, but I'm not in a hurry to leave just yet.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:21 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I live in a middle class suburb, so it's not bad in my neighborhood, but 10 minute drive into the countryside is Trump country, and filled with the type of people I described. I've lived here since I was a teenager, and before that I grew up in the sticks in PA. Been around these kind of people all my life, but I'm not in a hurry to leave just yet.
Newsflash - Trump country is everywhere ... from the lower class slums to the upper class elite neighborhoods. Trump will win PA with Kasich 2nd and Mr. Haney a distant 3rd.

Last edited by Soup Not See; 04-01-2016 at 07:31 PM..

Old 04-01-2016, 07:28 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
And I am starting to realize the 'establishment Republican leadership' still don't get it. Instead of language about how they screwed up for the last 20 years and not done the will of the people and not been good stewards of the economy, how they are listening, etc all their rhetoric is about how they're going to stop Trump, the convention 'this', the delegates 'that' and establishment candidate 'the other' blah blah blah. Man I am so way past mad at them!
Yes, it tells us a lot about the "establishment" politicians that instead of taking a good look at themselves and how they failed us, they are more concerned about preserving their positions of power than they are concerned about the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Oh wait! a trump operative - just joined today so that he could revile most of the people in this thread, and everyone else that he hates. The dark side is strong in this one.
Hmmm. Could be a Clinton operative ...

Old 04-01-2016, 07:33 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
McLaughlin Group was just unanimous that Trump locks it up before the convention.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:20 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Because those are the things that make Trump, Trump.
But it also makes those that tout being non-judgmental look a bit hypocritical

Quote:
"I'd date my daughter if I could." Which, let's face it, is not the usual sexual preference of a candidate for President if the United States.
Perhaps that's simply a compliment to his daughter. I think most men do in some way attempt to raise daughters that are dateable in their own eyes...not for themselves, but rather women they could recommend to themselves (hopefully pretty high standards as mature adults) if not related. It's like men that want to marry women similar to their mothers - that doesn't mean that they'd put a ring on mom if given the chance.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:55 PM

684 posts, read 514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So why is it more than 90% of Trump supporters where I live are broke white males with no job and self-medicate with packs of cigarettes and forties and the occasional meth and pot several days a week? There's small towns dotted across my region of the state with poor white men and women being the majority demographic of these small towns. So, I have to laugh when you say Trump supporters are hardworking, LOL! Hate to break it to you, but your average Trump supporter's highest educational attainment is high school, poor, white, and racist and misogynistic.

I personally know many very educated professionals who voted for Trump and are supporters. So trying to paint Trump supports as you have is just another anti-Trump tactic in trying to make Trump or his supporters look bad. Guess if you tell this lie often enough you then begin to buy into it even when its not 100% factual

Old 04-01-2016, 10:01 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
I personally know many very educated professionals who voted for Trump and are supporters. So trying to paint Trump supports as you have is just another anti-Trump tactic in trying to make Trump or his supporters look bad. Guess if you tell this lie often enough you then begin to buy into it even when its not 100% factual
If trying to be devicive and insulting - might as well say Hillary supporters are the least educated with the highest crime rates (blacks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections