U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,674,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
And tomorrow is indeed, a new day.

I'm tired of hearing the Hillary bashing by the Obama supporters. Does anyone else feel the same way?
No!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 12:41 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,496,696 times
Quote:

I'm tired of hearing the Hillary bashing by the Obama supporters. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I disagree. It's becoming obvious by an increasing number of people throughout the country that Hillary is pathetic. She's not a motivator. She's not an innovator. She's not a visionary. She has no original, novel solutions to old problems. She can't anticipate new problems. She has no ability to inspire. She will say anything to win, even lie. Her lack of adversity throughout her life has revealed her lack of character, substance. She is a poor decision-maker. She voted for the war, being naive in doing so. She had no impact while in the Senate. Her message is hollow and full of sound-bites. Even the man she married, the person who knows her best, disrespected the person that she is. So she rolls along with pitty support. I think she should bow out of the race, divorce that philanderer, and show some DIGNITY and SELF-RESPECT for God's sake. She's not fit to run the country.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:48 PM

26,413 posts, read 62,641,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
They are all disguisting. We haven't got one candidate worth a flying fig.

This is a throw away campaign. Whomever is elected will be blamed for the pending recession and universally hated. Thus, the parties are happy to put up their "baggage" candidates and get them out of the way. Next time, perhaps we will see some better choices.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:50 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,116,721 times
However - it appears that perhaps, just perhaps, the "end" is near for the Clinton campaign.

If she does not win something soon - she will be out of money - and out of gas.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:55 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,640,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
However - it appears that perhaps, just perhaps, the "end" is near for the Clinton campaign.

If she does not win something soon - she will be out of money - and out of gas.
You DO realize she's obtained over 10 million in donations from over 123,000 new donors since Super Tuesday and has about 20 million set aside for the general, right?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:03 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,116,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You DO realize she's obtained over 10 million in donations from over 123,000 new donors since Super Tuesday and has about 20 million set aside for the general, right?
I do but, she is today, it is being reported, trying to calm her supporters and super delegates, who are concerned about her campaign

Also, if Obama sweeps today, as is likely he will, and she does not do well in the upcoming primaries, Obama will have a significant lead, will be the front runner and that will not help her.

Also, the recent "loan" she did for her campaign, and the fact that some staffers are not taking pay for this month, is not boding well with many

Old 02-12-2008, 01:03 PM

11,127 posts, read 12,652,436 times
Quote:

Yes, but then again I also believe I realize the nature of what is taking place. Politics are a dirty business where by and large the most ruthless and calculating rise to the top. It is a competition to see who is most fit to hold this office and like any other competition the goal is to win at any cost within the rules.

One of the reasons Ron Paul appealed to me is that he provided his message and poised his issues and in doing so refrained from the most part from denouncing others of differing opinion. He made the attempt to let his positions stand on their own merit and let the people decide. Ultimately this method resonated very passionately with a few but not by the wider audience.

Lets face it, like it or not, we are a nation of people who love to see train wrecks. The most popular pastimes of many are sports prone to either intense competition or potentially violent, TV programming such as Survivor, or Worlds greatest car chases, etc... The journalistic notion that if it bleeds it leads prevails. (if it doesn't bleed it better be naked)

Old 02-12-2008, 01:10 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,288,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Yes, but then again I also believe I realize the nature of what is taking place. Politics are a dirty business where by and large the most ruthless and calculating rise to the top. It is a competition to see who is most fit to hold this office and like any other competition the goal is to win at any cost within the rules.
I got quite a good laugh yesterday rereading about Ken Rove's dirty tricks. It's amazing how many good candidates in this country have been derailed by ruthless opposition. Remember Max Cleland? That one always got me. The guy loses several limbs in Vietnam and gets nailed with the "not patriotic enough" meme. What were voters thinking?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,640,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I do but, she is today, it is being reported, trying to calm her supporters and super delegates, who are concerned about her campaign
The calendar favors Obama this month. The democratic parties in the Chesapeake region mirror the demographics of Obama's base. Pure and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday
Also, if Obama sweeps today, as is likely he will, and she does not do well in the upcoming primaries, Obama will have a significant lead, will be the front runner and that will not help her.
Stick around. Those of us in big swing states won't sit idly by and allow Iowa and Idaho to make the decision of who OUR candidate should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday
Also, the recent "loan" she did for her campaign, and the fact that some staffers are not taking pay for this month, is not boding well with many
Re: the loan - Many of her supporters simply did not know she needed money. Obama has called me 3 times, though I've never donated to him, and have used some pretty questionable tactics. I have donated twice to Hillary and they haven't called me to donate more.

She has a 20 million reserve for the general, which was a tactical decision on her part. OVER 10 million in donations in a week, and we have more articles about her staff "not taking pay" than the amazing fact that her supporters have rallied to replenish the coffers. These supporters, by the way, are by and large not as economically well off, nor college students charging donations to daddy's credit card, so I'm afraid I just don't buy the 'campaign in trouble' thing. There are some improvements I'd like to see her campaign go through, but it's a bit premature to count her out. Again, if Florida and Michigan hadn't "violated the rules" we'd all be writing obituaries for Obama. Unfortunately, disenfranchisement works well to Obama's advantage in this case, and if not corrected, he will have that on his head (not that I think he actually gives a damn).

"Grassroots, ordinary people indeed!"

Old 02-12-2008, 04:12 PM

2,015 posts, read 4,652,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I disagree. It's becoming obvious by an increasing number of people throughout the country that Hillary is pathetic. She's not a motivator. She's not an innovator. She's not a visionary. She has no original, novel solutions to old problems. She can't anticipate new problems. She has no ability to inspire. She will say anything to win, even lie. Her lack of adversity throughout her life has revealed her lack of character, substance. She is a poor decision-maker. She voted for the war, being naive in doing so. She had no impact while in the Senate. Her message is hollow and full of sound-bites. Even the man she married, the person who knows her best, disrespected the person that she is. So she rolls along with pitty support. I think she should bow out of the race, divorce that philanderer, and show some DIGNITY and SELF-RESPECT for God's sake. She's not fit to run the country.
So bottom line, according to you, she should crawl under a rock and die. The way you make it sound, she is the lowest of the low, the Queen Scum of the scummiest. I really think your post shows the unadultered hatred for a woman that has indeed accomplished much in her life, including staying with a husband in spite of his womanizing ways. You suggest divorce? Isn't that against the "family values" mantra we hear so often? Such pathetic attempts to discredit another human being. It's one thing to be tough in politics and business, but to discredit and smear another human being is truly pathetic; nothing else left to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or