U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:59 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,192,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Have any of you ever thought that the Republican party might be setting the Dems up for the next Carter-esque presidency? Look at the mess the Republicans have made of the country. Seems to me that if they let the Dems have this one, they pawn off their problems on the Dems, who fight to fix those problems and have to deal with the really tough aspects of starting to get them cleaned up. Then in four years when the Dems have "failed" (because honestly, we all know it will take longer than that to get things fixed) the Republicans can sweep in, declare the Democrat rule a failure and present themselves as the shining white knight coming to save the country. Of course, by then things will have started on the upswing, but the sheeple have a hard time seeing things in terms of the long run, and so they'll take the bait, and put the Republicans back in office.

Just a thought. It's early, and I haven't had any coffee yet.
Yep, I've had that very same thought and Glenn Beck verbalized it on TV last week.

Don't let them fool you -- they WANT Obama to be the nominee. The American people don't really know all that much about Obama and he's a veritable treasure trove for Republican dirty tricks. His "racist" church and pastor, his admission of past drug use, his insistence he will meet personally with heinous dictators, his Muslim father, etc. They are going to have a FIELD DAY.

Oh, well. If he wins the nomination, let the Republicans have at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 10:03 PM

1,745 posts, read 3,211,041 times
Doesn't matter people, John McCain will beat Obama

Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,192,927 times
Oh, and anyone who denies the Republican efficacy/talent of getting a vast majority of people to believe lies -- what percentage of the American people believed at the start of the war that Saddam had massive amounts of WMDs and ties to Osama Bin Laden? How many of YOU believed that?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:20 PM

605 posts, read 833,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
And let's not forget Obama's drug use. They will paint him to be a "crack head frrom the ghetto". They will attack him over the fact that his record is more Liberalk than Ted Kennedy. Hell, they'll attack him BECAUSE of Ted Kennedy's attempted Camelot Coronation. There is NO way that Obama can win the general election. He will be the next George McGovern if he is nominated, you can count on that.
I might agree with you if the Republican candidate were able to intelligently make points in a debate. However, we're stuck with McCain. Part of Obama's appeal is that is he HONEST about his past drug use, unlike Bill Clinton who obviously made a "compromise" lie about it. Most supporters of Obama already know this about him, he has written about in books...I think I'd rather have someone who smoked pot in high school than someone who was tortured for 5 years making judgment calls.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:12 AM

6,162 posts, read 11,222,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
<SNIP>I think I'd rather have someone who smoked pot in high school than someone who was tortured for 5 years making judgment calls.
I'm not a McCain supporter, but this is just about the most moronic statement I have seen put forth as a reason to vote for one candidate instead of the other. You'd choose to vote for a guy because he made a bad decision in his life, and smoked pot, over a guy who served his country well & honorably, got shot down, was captured & tortured all while serving his country. PLEASE show me how this makes any sense at all. And don't go into any other reason you would vote for Obama instead of McCain. You made a statement, now I'd like to see it defended in some rational right thinking manner. Show us please, how smoking pot makes one better fit to hold the top position in the world, while being tortured by the enemy in time of war makes you less so.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:32 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,039,142 times
So let me get this straight:

Barack Obama is a lazy, drug-using, Black racist, stealth Muslim who attended a madrassa?

Yet he's beating Hillary Clinton like she stole something. What's that say about her?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:37 AM

317 posts, read 695,817 times
It is more than obvious to those of us who are not easily manipulated that obama is lazy and doesn't comprehend well. Obama is not running to be a motivational speaker he is a politician and needs to be discussing his political views instead of preaching. In a way I am not worried if obama gets the democratic nomination because I know most people will not vote for him.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:25 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,982,121 times
Default Please get your facts straight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Let's face it -- if the Democrats paid attention to racial differences -- the Republicans will not. They don't have too. Black voters make up hardly any of their base so they don't need to pay attention to them.

I was reading some of Karl Roves dirty tricks tonight -- calling up Republican voters and asking them how they would feel about John McCains illegitimate black baby.

I don't think the dems have a chance in this race if they don't nominate Hillary.
Even though you are quoting Rove, I sense you believe what you are reporting he said...Obama is not illegitimate, the word means that one's parents were not married. His parents were married, yet they divorced when he was a small child and his mother remarried.

His father returned to Kenya after attending Harvard, where he later died in 1982.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:33 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,982,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
It is more than obvious to those of us who are not easily manipulated that obama is lazy and doesn't comprehend well. Obama is not running to be a motivational speaker he is a politician and needs to be discussing his political views instead of preaching. In a way I am not worried if obama gets the democratic nomination because I know most people will not vote for him.
Is your thread name your birth year?

It has already been proven that MOST people ARE voting for Obama. This won't change in a National Election. It may even increase.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:34 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,298,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Even though you are quoting Rove, I sense you believe what you are reporting he said...Obama is not illegitimate, the word means that one's parents were not married. His parents were married, yet they divorced when he was a small child and his mother remarried.

His father returned to Kenya after attending Harvard, where he later died in 1982.
Reading comprehension check: I was talking about "John McCain's illegitimate black baby." This was an old Rove rumor that involved John McCain's adopted daughter.

Rove hasn't started making up things about Obama yet, but I'll bet that he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or