U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:29 AM

5,468 posts, read 7,602,519 times
Default Karl Rove: Obama is lazy?

Hard to believe he said this, but it's a sign of what's to come:

Why Hillary Won - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 01:56 AM

6,306 posts, read 8,368,459 times
He wrote that a month ago. Wonder if he's changed his tune at all.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:02 AM

5,468 posts, read 7,602,519 times
Let's face it -- if the Democrats paid attention to racial differences -- the Republicans will not. They don't have too. Black voters make up hardly any of their base so they don't need to pay attention to them.

I was reading some of Karl Roves dirty tricks tonight -- calling up Republican voters and asking them how they would feel about John McCains illegitimate black baby.

I don't think the dems have a chance in this race if they don't nominate Hillary.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:29 AM
BVH

945 posts, read 5,387 times
I have to agree. Obama has been treated like a little media darling thus far. If he thinks This is going to be a "Kinder Gentler" campaign, he's sadly mistaken. The Republicans are in the fight of their life here. Why else do you think they are going to have that miliary show-trial, find the 6 9/11 guys guilty, and hang them before the election is over?

And let's not forget Obama's drug use. They will paint him to be a "crack head frrom the ghetto". They will attack him over the fact that his record is more Liberalk than Ted Kennedy. Hell, they'll attack him BECAUSE of Ted Kennedy's attempted Camelot Coronation. There is NO way that Obama can win the general election. He will be the next George McGovern if he is nominated, you can count on that.

Frankly, I think that might be why he has "rescheduled" his meeting with Edwards. I think that that meeting might not be an endorsement meeting at all. I think that Edwards is involved in the process of negotiating a settlement between Hillary and Obama. Either that or Hillary is going to get Edward's endorsement. Why else would Obama have "scheduling conflicts"? He's already been walking around as though he HAS Edwards' endorsement. Maybe not so much? It sure will be a huge embarrasment if he doesn't get it, won't it? :-)

Old 02-12-2008, 07:12 AM

2,289 posts, read 3,560,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Let's face it -- if the Democrats paid attention to racial differences -- the Republicans will not. They don't have too. Black voters make up hardly any of their base so they don't need to pay attention to them.

I was reading some of Karl Roves dirty tricks tonight -- calling up Republican voters and asking them how they would feel about John McCains illegitimate black baby.

I don't think the dems have a chance in this race if they don't nominate Hillary.
That presumes that voters are every bit as ignorant, bigoted, lazy and trifling as is presumed.

Clearly, voters are saying that they're tired of that kind of politicking. They're no longer attracted to that kind of politicking. Their political outlooks are broadening. And as that is further established, the candidates will have to bring more to the table than the biggest knives and the dirtiest smear tactics.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:25 AM

387 posts, read 950,339 times
Then why does the new poll have Obama ahead of McCain in a head to head matchup... not hillary?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 AM

7,730 posts, read 8,395,576 times
Rove is a brilliant political planner. Evil and corrupt, IMO, but brilliant.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 AM

8,179 posts, read 4,577,760 times
Default Karl Rove: Obama is lazy?

Karl Rove...

Now, there's a reliable source for insider info on the Democratic campaign.

http://www.martinsarna.com/blog/images/bizarro_KarlRove&Plato.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 AM
BVH

945 posts, read 5,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
That presumes that voters are every bit as ignorant, bigoted, lazy and trifling as is presumed.

Clearly, voters are saying that they're tired of that kind of politicking. They're no longer attracted to that kind of politicking. Their political outlooks are broadening. And as that is further established, the candidates will have to bring more to the table than the biggest knives and the dirtiest smear tactics.
Yet, you keep participating and initiating dirty smear tactics against Hillary, Bill, and their supporters....

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Hmph. There were a lot of professional women who made money working in positions under Bill Clinton.

... ahem ... cough.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 AM

2,238 posts, read 6,160,573 times
Have any of you ever thought that the Republican party might be setting the Dems up for the next Carter-esque presidency? Look at the mess the Republicans have made of the country. Seems to me that if they let the Dems have this one, they pawn off their problems on the Dems, who fight to fix those problems and have to deal with the really tough aspects of starting to get them cleaned up. Then in four years when the Dems have "failed" (because honestly, we all know it will take longer than that to get things fixed) the Republicans can sweep in, declare the Democrat rule a failure and present themselves as the shining white knight coming to save the country. Of course, by then things will have started on the upswing, but the sheeple have a hard time seeing things in terms of the long run, and so they'll take the bait, and put the Republicans back in office.

Just a thought. It's early, and I haven't had any coffee yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections