Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:15 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I wish that was the extent of it. I actually had a simple procedure in/out the same day with some mild anesthesia and the total bill was $16k, $4k of which was literally billed as "Other adjustments" and I couldn't get an answer to what it was other than "why are you so concerned, its covered by your insurance provider" and quiet frankly after 20 minutes of questions I didn't have the time anymore.

This is why I'm so annoyed that we are not addressing the actual issues with health care pricing though, and instead seem to just be trying to shift the cost without fixing it.
Unfortunately, it comes down to them saying, "The bigger piece of the pie we get from either the government or the insurance companies, the better service we can be to the local community in the long term. Shut u and sign this so we will all be better off."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 04:00 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Btw, sanders has no plan in regards to healthcare. No politician does. They don't understand how the business works from coding, to billing, to rate setting, to how premiums are calculated, to transaction sets, to regulations, to individual vs employer vs aso vs trad Medicare vs ma vs Medicaid vs Mco vs aco, etc...

It's too complex therefore they resort to soundbites and bs. People buy it. It's sad.
No reason for it to be complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections