U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,645,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Hilarious. Some dude in Nebraska supporting Obama has Che on his wall and now the Obama campaign is "pandering" to the Latino Community? The Latino Community in Omaha? You think that poster influenced the Latino Voting Bloc?

Hillary supporters are clutching at straws and it is a sad thing to witness.
Here's the edit/update from the OP's link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP Link
Edited to add: Some people downthread have claimed this is not an Obama office, despite the fact that the video shows Obama volunteers working in there, wearing Obama buttons, and with an Obama poster on the wall (next to the flag - watch the video). Their argument is that because there are no paid staff there, the fact that the Obama campaign now has control of, and use of, the premises does not make it an Obama HQ.

I'll leave you to decide for yourselves the merits of that argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 AM

5,396 posts, read 7,058,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Here's the edit/update from the OP's link:
Point being what?

OP thinks this is Obama "pandering" to the Latino Community - and that is just absurd and makes no sense at all.
As you pointed out yourself relative to Cubans.

My guess is some Obama supporter stuck it up there as a symbol of the Dynamic Change which is taking place in our country which Obama symbolizes.

I highly doubt Obama signed off on the poster. I highly doubt this is even worth a thread, but that is about where we are with Hillary defenders.

Throw something at the wall and try to make it stick.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 AM

7,730 posts, read 12,691,705 times
Quote:
Point being what?

OP thinks this is Obama "pandering" to the Latino Community - and that is just absurd and makes no sense at all.
Point being that some candidates have supporters that are so ill-informed that they think Che Guevara is a hero.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:06 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,266,232 times
I don't think it is pandering,I think it is how his 'true supporters' feel.

Leftists can make excuses for leftist murderers and dictatorships....

Old 02-12-2008, 08:14 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,645,113 times
Quote:
Point being what?

I don't know why you think it's absurd, really. For SOME Latinos, he (Guevara) is the tough little guy that stood up to the big bad US. It will work for SOME Latinos who buy into the revolutionary mythos (despite the fact that Guevara was a bratty white Argentinian from a well-to-do family).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4
My guess is some Obama supporter stuck it up there as a symbol of the Dynamic Change which is taking place in our country which Obama symbolizes.
My guess that the "Obama Supporter" turned impromptu news item is a bit more savvy than you think (or maybe not, depending on how you view the significance of the symbolism of the CUBAN (not AMERICAN) flag, and the fact that she a) knew a picture was about to be taken and b) couldn't think critically enough to know that her opinions and passions aren't shared by everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4
I highly doubt Obama signed off on the poster. I highly doubt this is even worth a thread, but that is about where we are with Hillary defenders.

Throw something at the wall and try to make it stick.
Honestly? Get used to it. Really, if your candidate wins, you will have NO reprieve for the next few months and I suspect your arguments won't work in fending off attacks from Republicans.

What experience, by the way, does your candidate or his campaign ACTUALLY have fighting off the swiftboating tactics of the Republicans, who will be more than happy to "educate" "the rest" of America about Obama. While democrats tiptoe about "sensitive" issues (how DARE Bill Clinton make the gaffes that everyone else is thinking but is too scared to say)... Republicans DO NOT CARE and the majority of voters do not either. Thick skin is necessary. Make sure you and your candidate have it.

Otherwise, I'm sensing more and more each day that we have another Walter Mondale in our midst when it comes to Obama....

Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 465,524 times
If you start adding up everything that Obama and his supporters "appear" to believe it gets kinda scary. His membership at a "black power" church, his constant quoting of Malcom X and Farahkhan, his apparent support of Che. Kinda makes ya wonder, huh? Sometimes guilt by association can be proven.

Some of you may also remember that outside of the 1/31 debate, his supporters were all carrying posters of Obama that look like the posters of Che....a black sillouette of his face, on a colored background....

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, maybe, just maybe, it's a DUCK.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Honestly? Get used to it. Really, if your candidate wins, you will have NO reprieve for the next few months and I suspect your arguments won't work in fending off attacks from Republicans.

What experience, by the way, does your candidate or his campaign ACTUALLY have fighting off the swiftboating tactics of the Republicans, who will be more than happy to "educate" "the rest" of America about Obama. While democrats tiptoe about "sensitive" issues (how DARE Bill Clinton make the gaffes that everyone else is thinking but is too scared to say)... Republicans DO NOT CARE and the majority of voters do not either. Thick skin is necessary. Make sure you and your candidate have it.

Otherwise, I'm sensing more and more each day that we have another Walter Mondale in our midst when it comes to Obama....
I am much more concerned relative to the Clinton slime machine, to be truthful with you. Once Obama passes that hurdle, McCain will be fluff. He does not play the politics of destruction. Most of the hard core Republican usual suspects have indicated they prefer a Democrat to win this cycle over McCain. And Obama shows he attracts moderates and independents over McCain by a pretty good margin. Unlike Hillary.

This thread subject is a nice example of the smear tactics Hillaryites are known for.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
If you start adding up everything that Obama and his supporters "appear" to believe it gets kinda scary. His membership at a "black power" church, his constant quoting of Malcom X and Farahkhan, his apparent support of Che. Kinda makes ya wonder, huh? Sometimes guilt by association can be proven.

Some of you may also remember that outside of the 1/31 debate, his supporters were all carrying posters of Obama that look like the posters of Che....a black sillouette of his face, on a colored background....

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, maybe, just maybe, it's a DUCK.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:25 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 465,524 times
Quote:
I am much more concerned relative to the Clinton slime machine,(No politics of destruction or unity there, lol) to be truthful with you. Once Obama passes that hurdle, McCain will be fluff. He does not play the politics of destruction.(His supporters sure do, on a daily continual and repetitive basis) Most of the hard core Republican usual suspects have indicated they prefer a Democrat to win this cycle over McCain. And Obama shows he attracts moderates and independents over McCain by a pretty good margin. Unlike Hillary.

This thread subject is a nice example of the smear tactics Hillaryites are known for.
Please see comments in red.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,921,438 times
Quote:
Hilarious. Some dude in Nebraska supporting Obama has Che on his wall and now the Obama campaign is "pandering" to the Latino Community? The Latino Community in Omaha? You think that poster influenced the Latino Voting Bloc?

Hillary supporters are clutching at straws and it is a sad thing to witness.
They are rebublicans posing as hillary supporters to discredit her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or