Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

He elaborated on the comment about women being punished by saying that they should be held accountable if abortion is illegal and they have one. He was set up by the reporter who used the word "punished" and taken by surprise. He said later that it was a theoretical question (which it was, and the left loves to do that), and that theoretical questions are very difficult because there's so much to consider in them.

He said the woman should be held accountable in some form, but that these women punish themselves and have been already punished in the process but that the one who breaks the law, the abortionist, is the one who should be punished.

However, laws are made to be followed and we can't ignore some of them just because we don't like them.
Our system is flawed, as evidenced by the way illegals breaking our laws are overlooked, border security is not enforced, they run around free to work and earn and live, to drink and drive, to commit all kinds of law-breaking, heart-breaking, life-changing catastrophes, and then get free room and board which the taxpayers have to cover. That's have to, it's not optional.

I don't care for some of Trump's remarks in this campaign, and he mis-speaks quite a bit but I'm reminded by those instances that many of our 'polished' politicians have also mis-spoken frequently, so in all fairness we need to cut him some slack. He has other very significant qualifications for a leadership position. He is a mover and a shaker, owes nobody anything -- nor needs to -- and can get things done. He knows how to negotiate, which is an art (not a compromise as many think). And he's right not to show his cards right now. That's a smart move. Why give it all away? Already Obama has copied one of Trumps ideas about trade.

He's not revealing it all, but Trump has details, he has strategy, and he will have the support from all those that Obama alienated with his half-baked, destructive policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 07:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am from Jersey and I believe their may have been more than thousands.. on the roof tops and on the streets in many towns.
And I lived about 3-4 miles from Jersey City on 9/11 and had friends who lived there, none of which saw any such thing. IF there really had been the "thousands and thousands" celebrating in the streets as Donny has alleged, WHY do you think it is there has been NOT ONE PIECE of documentation aired confirming that? And believe me, had there really been those thousands in the streets of Jersey City there would have been at least hundreds of reports of celebrants' skulls meeting baseball bats, it's that kind of a town.

Plainly and simply, until proven otherwise Donny can only be considered a lying fear-mongerer, seeking to excite the electorate with his LIES and BS.

Last edited by burdell; 04-07-2016 at 07:54 AM..

Old 04-07-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And I lived about 3-4 miles from Jersey City on 9/11 and had friends who lived there. IF there really had been the "thousands and thousands" celebrating in the streets as Donny has alleged, WHY do you think it is there has been NOT ONE PIECE of documentation aired confirming that? And believe me, had there really been those thousands in the streets of Jersey City there would have been at least hundreds of reports of celebrants' skulls meeting baseball bats, it's that kind of a town.

Plainly and simply, until proven otherwise Donny can only be considered a lying fear-mongerer, seeking to excite the electorate with his LIES and BS.
Perhaps it wasn't "thousands and thousands" -- perhaps it was only "thousands"? Or maybe even less than that. Did you count?

By the way, that's just a descriptive expression of a multitude. It could have been 600, 702, or 999.

What difference does it make?!

We do know there were masses of them celebrating overseas. Does that tell you anything? And they are coming here. Think about that for a moment.

Read the links below, and then give it a rest already. We know that happened to some degree, though the liberal media didn't give it much coverage at the time because of the magnitude of the 9/11 event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ahu-Akbar.html

Old 04-07-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Perhaps it wasn't "thousands and thousands" -- perhaps it was only "thousands"? Or maybe even less than that. Did you count?
HOW would one count what WAS NOT THERE?

Quote:
By the way, that's just a descriptive expression of a multitude. It could have been 600, 702, or 999.

Those who haven't drank the Kool-Aid call that a LIE.

Quote:
What difference does it make?!
Yeah, what's another lie from a consummate liar?

Quote:
We do know there were masses of them celebrating overseas. Does that tell you anything? And they are coming here. Think about that for a moment.

Give it a rest already.
Yes, it tells me Donny's acolytes will go to any lengths to defend his BULL POOP! What the hell does what was going on overseas have to do with Jersey City NJ? A place BTW he would have had an extremely difficult time getting to from his midtown apartment given that all bridges, tunnels, and air traffic was shutdown.

Give it a rest?

NO!

Open your eyes!

The man's a LIAR

Old 04-07-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
HOW would one count what WAS NOT THERE?

Those who haven't drank the Kool-Aid call that a LIE.
Yeah, what's another lie from a consummate liar?
Yes, it tells me Donny's acolytes will go to any lengths to defend his BULL POOP! What the hell does what was going on overseas have to do with Jersey City NJ? A place BTW he would have had an extremely difficult time getting to from his midtown apartment given that all bridges, tunnels, and air traffic was shutdown.

Give it a rest?

NO!

Open your eyes!

The man's a LIAR
I'm sorry you didn't look at the links. I really didn't mean to confuse you with the facts (just wanted to open your eyes).

The links show that there WERE many reports, from police officers no less, and that he's not lying.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry you didn't look at the links. I really didn't mean to confuse you with the facts (just wanted to open your eyes).

The links show that there WERE many reports, from police officers no less, and that he's not lying.
I don't believe those links were there when I responded.

And, HOW does "modest celebrations" equate to "thousands and thousands"?

And really, doesn't the fact that NOT ONE video or set of stills has surfaced in 14+ years documenting this raise your curiosity? That in a city of 240,000 (2001), NOT ONE person videoed/photographed these alleged MASS DEMONSTRATIONS and sought the big ka-ching from a media outlet?

Sure, no doubt individual Police Officers saw a few here and there.

But "thousands and thousands"? Sounds like pure BS to me and will until evidence is presented proving otherwise.

BTW, Donny was in his midtown apartment, IF he really saw what he claims it would've had to be through the media, WHERE is the evidence?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
And I lived about 3-4 miles from Jersey City on 9/11 and had friends who lived there, none of which saw any such thing. IF there really had been the "thousands and thousands" celebrating in the streets as Donny has alleged, WHY do you think it is there has been NOT ONE PIECE of documentation aired confirming that? And believe me, had there really been those thousands in the streets of Jersey City there would have been at least hundreds of reports of celebrants' skulls meeting baseball bats, it's that kind of a town.

Just b/c you didn't see it, doesn't mean it isn't true...I saw it...not thousands, but I saw them dancing right after 911....so....and there is documentary on it, google it....I'm real tired of people saying "where's the links, where is the proof", so you post it and then they say, It's not a reliable source, so do your own research instead of believing what you want to...this isn't a lie.....I saw, it, I saw, it, I saw, it, right on TV, the stations did a report on it, and showed them dancing and celebrating...

Old 04-07-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Just b/c you didn't see it, doesn't mean it isn't true...I saw it...not thousands, but I saw them dancing right after 911....so......so....and there is documentary on it, google it....I'm real tired of people saying "where's the links, where is the proof", so you post it and then they say, It's not a reliable source, so do your own research instead of believing what you want to...this isn't a lie.....I saw, it, I saw, it, I saw, it, right on TV, the stations did a report on it, and showed them dancing and celebrating..
And?

The man claimed "thousands and thousands" there's still NO evidence, your "I saw it...not thousands" doesn't change that fact. I never disputed there were isolated cases here and there but I can't believe there would be virtually NO record of "thousands and thousands".

I saw them dancing on TV too, but I certainly saw no where close to the "thousands and thousands" that have been alleged and haven't seen any evidence that there were.

But hey, you want to blindly follow someone, that's your choice, doesn't make him any less full crap. Because if he weren't there'd surely be solid proof, not just speculation and hearsay.

The man's a weasel, he sells the use of his name to various projects and must surely know people pay for the use of that name because they believe their potential customers take it as an endorsement of the business by Trump. When things go bad his usual response is 'I only licensed my name and had nothing to do with it.'

Legal?

ABSOLUTELY!

The mark of a man of character?

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST!

Last edited by burdell; 04-07-2016 at 08:56 AM..

Old 04-07-2016, 10:34 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
Trump tends to exaggerate his facts or lack thereof facts. He says he is not a politician but he really is one.

Thousands celebrating after 9/11 .no proof of thousands

I have many black friends - can't name one (they are most likely rich like him)

He has some good ideas, he just needs to grow a backbone and know how to take the heat sometimes. He should shut his mouth and stop bragging about his great business, family and fortunes. You're in there to improve the lives of americans who have been shunned big corporations. Repeating how you're rich doesn't give people the warm and fuzzy and Donald can't relate to any 'average ' American.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Trump tends to exaggerate his facts or lack thereof facts. He says he is not a politician but he really is one.

Thousands celebrating after 9/11 .no proof of thousands

I have many black friends - can't name one (they are most likely rich like him)

Exactly what turns me off to him, this pretense that, despite him boasting about buying politicians and playing the establishment 'pay to play' game, his fear-mongering exaggerations, and all the other baseless claims ('EVERYBODY loves me' ), he would have us believe he's NOT a typical 'tell them what they wanna hear' politician. And one thing I've never been accused of being is PC so his bombastic blather doesn't change my opinion of him when there's often no message included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections