U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:38 AM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 465,935 times

Advertisements

Remember George W. Bush's "Free-Speech" zones in Crawford, TX? They're Baaaaaccck....
Obama Campaign in South Carolina Causes Row Over Free Speech Zone | The Progressive Magazine since 1909
“Obama, Please Oppose a Nuclear Dump in S.C.,” one sign read.
“Obama, Don’t Let S.C. Become Yucca Mountain,” said another.
“Barack: Stop Supporting Plans to Dump High Level Nuclear Waste in South Carolina,” said the third.

“A couple of people with the Obama campaign said, ‘You can’t take those signs in.’ And we said, ‘Oh, we know, we’re going to stand outside.’ Then the Obama staff told us we had to leave the property,” Minerd says.
“I said, ‘This is public property, and I should be allowed to be here.’ But they repeated their line, and added: ‘If you want to hold your signs, you can go to the Budweiser sign, which is on the Budweiser building three blocks away.’ So I said, ‘Oh, you’ve got a free speech zone set up just like the Bush Administration.’ I couldn’t believe they were acting like Bush.”

Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 AM

I am curious to know how Obama supporters feel about Obama supressing free speech. It's odd that whenever Obama is called out directly on very serious issues like this one, they are uncharacteristically silent. Buyer's remorse perhaps?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,277,001 times
Don't you know???

Only the evil rightwing suppresses free speech.

Quite funny really.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 AM

Another example of Obama's attempt to supress Free Speech and differing opinions:
Obama Campaign Abusive to Blue Dogs

"Wednesday a local Blue Dog Democratic party official was contacted by an Obama campaign worker asking for a donation. The local party official explained her position, and expressed concern that Obama was getting too much of his support from such leftist “grass roots” organizations as Democracy for America and Daily Kos. These organizations have gone out of their way to attack local party members and undermine local parties who don’t support their radical agenda.

The Blue Dog told the campaign worker that she would not support Obama as long as he supports these organizations. At that, the Obama campaign worker became angry and very abusive towards the Blue Dog."

Old 02-12-2008, 08:53 AM

5,396 posts, read 7,061,582 times
OK, let's trade blog stories. All day long.

Captain's Quarters

Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
OK, let's trade blog stories. All day long.

Captain's Quarters
I don't need to. I have experienced the Obama cult's desire to suppress differing opinions first hand and in person. There are thousands of examples right here on City-Data. Furthermore, I don't believe that The Progressive Magazine qualifies as merely a "blog".

ABOUT US | The Progressive Magazine since 1909

Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 AM

7,730 posts, read 12,697,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
I don't need to. I have experienced the Obama cult's desire to suppress differing opinions first hand and in person. There are thousands of examples right here on City-Data.
You're going to get another negative rep.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Of course I am! However, I am not afraid to express my personal experiences with these people for fear of childish repercussions. Have you taken note lately of just how high most Obama supporters "reps" are vs most Hillary supporters? LOL

Really, I care deeply about people who in my opinion are radical cultists believe.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,660,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Lol, and aren't the reasons you get funny! One person apparently bothered to use TWO separate accounts to downrate me twice in a row, but in a dead giveaway forgot to change their reasons to "Your (sic) a bad American."

Old 02-12-2008, 09:23 AM

4,668 posts, read 8,912,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Another example of Obama's attempt to supress Free Speech and differing opinions:
Obama Campaign Abusive to Blue Dogs

"Wednesday a local Blue Dog Democratic party official was contacted by an Obama campaign worker asking for a donation. The local party official explained her position, and expressed concern that Obama was getting too much of his support from such leftist “grass roots” organizations as Democracy for America and Daily Kos. These organizations have gone out of their way to attack local party members and undermine local parties who don’t support their radical agenda.

The Blue Dog told the campaign worker that she would not support Obama as long as he supports these organizations. At that, the Obama campaign worker became angry and very abusive towards the Blue Dog."
Not only does this have nothing to do with freedom of speech, I've got no problems with it. For one, its a supporter, showing how you've truly been reverted to grasping at straws. Secondly, considering how the Bush Dogs enabled so many Bush admin excesses the past 7 years, I don't blame an Obama supporter for giving them the scorn they richly deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or