Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 04:21 PM

33,462 posts, read 17,964,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Everything View Post
The man graduated from the Wharton School of Business....you really want to go down the "uneducated" path?
The uneducated are the people in Washington... they can't see the forest for the trees.. that is why we are in such a mess now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 04:21 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,351,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think many Americans are afraid of facing these numbers, so I am going to be the heartless bad gal here.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki death toll

[IMG][/IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Findings

Approximately 210,000 Afghan, Iraqi, and Pakistani civilians have died violent deaths as a direct result of the wars.

War deaths from malnutrition, and a damaged health system and environment likely far outnumber deaths from combat.

--------------------------

war is horror. It seems like war on terror - seem to be endless now have killed equal amount of or more people.

Those estimates for Hiroshima and Nagasaki are extremely conservative. When you include casualties from radiation, the death toll is much higher.

Little Boy and Fat Man were used largely to prevent an invasion of mainland Japan, which would have resulted in many more casualties, for both sides. We were at war with a sovereign nation that refused to surrender.

Please tell me where the efficiency lies in using tactical nukes on a fighting force of 30,000 that is unbeholden to any nation? A fighting force that is dispersed throughout various countries and territories? Trump is a moron for even hinting at the use of nuclear weapons. He's out of his mind.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:25 PM

38,960 posts, read 27,322,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Those estimates for Hiroshima and Nagasaki are extremely conservative. When you include casualties from radiation, the death toll is much higher.

Besides, the weapons were used largely to prevent an invasion of mainland Japan, which would have resulted in many more casualties, for both sides. We were at war with a sovereign nation that refused to surrender.

Please tell me where the efficiency lies in using tactical nukes on a fighting force of 30,000 that is unbeholden to any nation? A fighting force that is dispersed throughout various countries and territories? Trump is a moron for even hinting at the use of nuclear weapons. He's out of his mind.
well, the war on terror killed more people and last much longer.

Anybody who suggested endless war to me is a moron.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:35 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,351,704 times
Quote:
well, the war on terror killed more people and last much longer.

Anybody who suggested endless war to me is a moron.
Not sure I follow--are you suggesting that nuking Iraq and Afghanistan would have ended both conflicts more quickly?

Old 04-05-2016, 04:39 PM

952 posts, read 513,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The uneducated are the people in Washington... they can't see the forest for the trees.. that is why we are in such a mess now.
Yep, Trump knows WAY more than Washington...

Trump can't even see the trees. The man has no idea what he is getting into when it comes to foreign policy. He thinks he can consult with himself and more or less 'wing it', based on his great intuitiveness, through all the world's problems.

Monty Hall II. "Let's Make A Deal!!"

Old 04-05-2016, 04:41 PM

38,960 posts, read 27,322,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Not sure I follow--are you suggesting that nuking Iraq and Afghanistan would have ended both conflicts more quickly?
Nope I am suggesting war on terror is stupid and has killed more civilians. No more no less. Matter of fact, nuke ISIS is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard

Old 04-05-2016, 04:54 PM

952 posts, read 513,674 times
Quote:
Nope I am suggesting war on terror is stupid and has killed more civilians. No more no less. Matter of fact, nuke ISIS is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard
Ditto. That or carpet bombing them...makes no sense. More death, more destruction of their cities and land, and more stress on surrounding countries to bear the human burden of our actions.

Talk is cheap on the primary level...

Old 04-05-2016, 06:48 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why do you think Cruz interventionist policy of making the sand glow will work? Considering it never has worked and makes us less safe.

This thread deals specifically with Sleazy Don's ignorance on foreign policy issues and national security. Please feel free to start a thread with regard to Cruz' policy stance.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
About 10 percent of the 2.4 million servicemembers who have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan deployed three or more times.

How many times do you think these soldiers can take?
As many times as Sleazy Don tells them. Maybe if Sleazy Don tells them they can engage in war crimes they will feel better about more tours.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Everything View Post
The man graduated from the Wharton School of Business....you really want to go down the "uneducated" path?
Book smarts is not the same as subject knowledge and intellectual curiosity, neither of which Sleazy Don possesses with regard to foreign policy or national security.

I never said Sleazy Don couldn't read, but that doesn't make him POTUS material, either.

The Daily Pennsylvanian - | Trump flaunts Wharton degree, but his college years remain a mystery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections