Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Just a casual observer. I am Canadian and can not vote in YOUR election. BUT the out come of your election will effect my country. So I am not being an interloper. All I see from my angle is that your whole electoral process is askew...the best to lead are not in the race...It looks like a clown fest to me...good luck.
Then obviously you are looking at it for what's good for Canada so your viewpoint isn't the same as that of people here.

But I do agree somewhat. Hillary Clinton is a candidate of the 1990s trying to win in the 21st century. She only knows identity politics and going on the attack. I'm sure now, she's gonna open up on Bernie with everything she's got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 09:36 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
For some reason, holding Bernie to his record and asking him substantive questions is an attack, while repeating decades old lies against Hillary is not.

There's so much BS is this election and I'm not referring to Bernie Sanders.

But I think Hillary will let her surrogates and the media who are finally realizing they need to vet this guy do most of the heavy lifting. Not that it seems like it's going to be that hard to do - between being woefully unprepared for the NYDN interview and letting his team give a post mortem interview to the NYT, it's abundantly clear that Bernie is not ready to be President.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:44 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Practically speaking, the Democratic race is over.
Hillary only agreed to the New York debate to
not upset Bernie supporters, whom she needs in the general.

Moreover, Bernie is BERNing his bridges concerning any
chance at a cabinet post in any Clinton Administration.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 AM

313 posts, read 1,053,274 times
She needs to be very careful about this.

In the past, when she's gone after him, it's led to lots of money coming into his coffers.

And lots of people are saying they won't vote for her if Bernie's not the nominee. Personally I think this is foolish because they could put Trump (or whatever random Republican ultimately gets the nod) in the White House. I am a Bernie supporter but if I have to vote for Hillary, so be it. I can't be part of electing President Cruz or Trump.

Hillary is mad because she expected this to be a coronation, but Bernie's making her earn it. She needs to keep in mind the numbers are still much in her favor, she is likely to be the nominee (if not definitely) and she needs to be mindful of the already poor image she has with many.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:54 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Just a casual observer. I am Canadian and can not vote in YOUR election. BUT the out come of your election will effect my country. So I am not being an interloper. All I see from my angle is that your whole electoral process is askew...the best to lead are not in the race...It looks like a clown fest to me...good luck.
Pipe down up there. We'll let you know when it's time to speak.

This coming from a country with less population than California, 3/4s of its GDP and whom elected Justin Bieber as its President.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:55 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Pipe down up there. We'll let you know when it's time to speak.

This coming from a country with less population than California, 3/4s of its GDP and whom elected Justin Bieber as its President.
Canada's economy is dog doo. Prices for regular goods are a good deal more there.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:29 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaJay View Post
In the past, when she's gone after him, it's led to lots of money coming into his coffers.
Unless Sen Sanders is an electoral alchemist, filling his coffers doesn't translate into votes and certainly not enough votes to deny Clinton the nomination.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:32 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,539 times
Bernie's refusal to attack Hillary is what is his demise.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:40 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
"Reporter Jeff Zeleny said the Clinton campaign has decided that party unity can come later."

^Not sure that's such a great idea for the Clinton campaign.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:34 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaJay View Post
And lots of people are saying they won't vote for her if Bernie's not the nominee. Personally I think this is foolish because they could put Trump (or whatever random Republican ultimately gets the nod) in the White House. I am a Bernie supporter but if I have to vote for Hillary, so be it. I can't be part of electing President Cruz or Trump.
Absolutely not.

I refuse to participate in this perpetual, self-fulfilling 'lesser-of-two-evils' merry-go-round that pervades every election. We remain limited in choices and unofficially confined to the two corrupt bloated parties because of this very attitude.

If more people would consider going third-party and voting for who they truly WANT as the president, then they'd have more and more of a fighting chance, and it'd make more and more sense to vote for who you desire rather than which of the two brands of turd repulses you slightly less.

I'm voting third party (Gary Johnson). The way I see it, Hillary and whichever GOP candidate are equally unfathomable to me. Voting against one of them is still ultimately helping the other. It's still guaranteeing either of their win.

Whereas by voting third party, not only do you actively help neither, you represent a voice against either. The more people do that, the harder it becomes to ignore those voices. The more it'll become known that people are serious about wanting a structural political change that represents what people want rather than the same corrupt entities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections