Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 04:09 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,424,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Cruz is wrong but right at the same time. New York is strong BUT it is VERY liberal like a San Francisco. New York is very liberal, we all know it. Even the Republicans are liberal leaning Rockefellers like myself. He's gaining upstate traction because of this because they got it and knew it was the liberal values of "downstate NY." I wonder what my former home of Long Island will do because let's face it, they are pretty Republican because they fear NYC liberals and have been for years.
the bolded part is a straight out lie. But you can believe what you want

Old 04-08-2016, 05:46 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No Republican is ever going to win NY so why even bother with going there for the primary?

About Ted's comment, I thought Trump had a great response but Ted's comment was and is now being taken out of context. NY better hope Ted's not elected President.
I was watching the debate. Even in Kansas, I was offended by Cruz's remark. It was the attitude that he showed with his comment. There was a sort of hateful bitterness against "New York values" like Ted's values are something to brag about. So, I am to assume that Ted's values are the values of TX? Yeah, how does that go down with Texans? Can I safely assume that all people from a certain area are the same? Everyone in TX lies and cheats like Ted?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:49 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Why would he? The only people that would be outraged by what he said are people who wouldn't vote for him anyhow, i.e. New York Liberals.
He didn't say Trump, a Republican had NY liberal values. He said Trump had NY values. He alienated all New Yorkers and now he's paying a price.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
I believe he pandered to the South, that's how they view New Yorker. Remember the Enron lady, they said she was brash, they thought she was from NY.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Mwahahaha. What kind of person claims to want to lead the nation yet insults its largest city? Prejudiced idiot.
Reagan insulted black females as being welfare queens, people still loved him.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:37 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Well you're probably a Trump supporter, so your "outrage" about what Cruz said is fake and irrelevant. You are only "outraged" as a matter of convenience, because the comments came from Trump's competitor, otherwise you'd probably agree with him, that is, unless you're a Liberal yourself who shares those New York Values? Are you a Liberal? Those same "values" that Cruz was talking about are the values that would keep New Yorkers from voting for Trump in the general election same way they wouldn't vote for Cruz or any other Republican, but yet, because it came from the mouth of your man's main competition, it's wrong, right? You aren't outraged about what Cruz said, you are outraged because Cruz is the one who said it.

Trump has so blinded 1/3rd of the Republican electorate that he now has them defending an area of the country that is heavily supportive of everything that Republicans, including Trump, are against. Amazing.
I'm against the bubble boys in the big cities dictating to suburbia and rural America mainly because the news media influences their ideas about the rest of the country. It's why the people who live in big cities think we're aliens with crazy ideas. The news media never ventures out of the big cities to talk to people. Everything the news media knows about the rest of us comes from data. I don't see Cruz insulting Austin.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm against the bubble boys in the big cities dictating to suburbia and rural America mainly because the news media influences their ideas about the rest of the country. It's why the people who live in big cities think we're aliens with crazy ideas. The news media never ventures out of the big cities to talk to people. Everything the news media knows about the rest of us comes from data. I don't see Cruz insulting Austin.
This is what Cruz was trying to say but he said it in the wrong way which is why I said he was right but wrong at the same time

Old 04-08-2016, 01:03 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
He didn't say Trump, a Republican had NY liberal values. He said Trump had NY values. He alienated all New Yorkers and now he's paying a price.
??? Cruz has been painting Trump as the true Liberal that he is for months now.

NY Values ARE Liberal values. I'm sure the point was understood and well received by upstate Conservatives who are tired of having to play second fiddle to the politics of New York City.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:04 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Reagan insulted black females as being welfare queens, people still loved him.
That was a whole 'nother life.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:12 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,199 times
Quote:
??? Cruz has been painting Trump as the true Liberal that he is for months now.

NY Values ARE Liberal values. I'm sure the point was understood and well received by upstate Conservatives who are tired of having to play second fiddle to the politics of New York City.
I have about 20 family members that live up in the Catskills, NY and they do not feel that way. They took offense to it also and they call themselves Republicans. I must disclose that they all moved up there years ago from downstate so maybe that is why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections