Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Bernie is my heart, but Hillary is my head. I could go either way with no difficulty given Trump or Cruz on the other side.
Sounds like you have everything covered except "CYA". That used to be the first rule of coverage. Maybe with SSM that has fallen by the wayside or just an area that can no longer be protected. Climate change may be the answer to that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DoARSlv-HU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Remember all those PUMAS who said they weren't going to vote Obama?

They voted for Obama.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:54 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Your go to source is the Ghana News?

In any event, faced with the threat of a President Cruz or Trump, I think they would run to the polls to vote for Hillary.

"That’s the situation that then-Senator Barack Obama found himself in during the 2008 presidential election, where May exit polls in Indiana had 50% of Hillary Clinton supporters saying they’d vote McCain or stay home. In March, Gallup had 28% of Clinton supporters voting for McCain instead of Obama. The same poll had 19% of Obama supporters who said they would vote for McCain over Hillary. By the time the primaries were over, CNN had 35% of Clinton supporters nationally saying they wouldn’t support Obama.

That election worked out fine for the Democrats, and they were starting with a much wider gulf, and likely a much less scary opponent...

How Bad Is Poll That Says 25% of Bernie Sanders Fans Won
Soooo 75% of Bernie supporters at this point with both still in race say Yep> they would voted for Hillary..then another poll says that 14% of Hillary supporters wouldn't vote for Bernie...REMINDER~~ These two are still in a race..but once the "Dust" settles..Both sides will no doubt vote for whomever is the Nominee for their Party...

For those Liberals out there..I'd feel pretty comfortable that the division within the Party is NO Where near what's going on in the GOP

In fact things are so dire, that the Party Leadership is worrying about down ballots not just gaining the WH at this point...Lib's versus Pub's..hummm which side would I want to be on at this point???

Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
I certainly won't. I won't vote for any warmonger, which Hillary is.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:26 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Republicans are choosing to lose this election by voting for dishonest, nutcase, extremists.

And who are we to interfere?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I wondered how long it would take someone to try and discredit topic because I selected that source. However they clearly state who did the poll and simply reported the stats.

Clearly if 25% of Bernie's supporters refuse to support Hillary in the general election, then it's very bad news for Hillary. If 25% of progressives won't support Hillary, then how much other support has she lost?

IMO, Hillary is left with some Blue Hairs, the delusional, hard core partisans,and some portion of the African American electorate. This is a formula for landslide electoral college loss.

And even more fascinating, Hillary has spent an astonishing $150,000,000 for these results.
Actually, I was not trying to discredit the topic and I did notice who did the poll. I was curious as to why you picked that particular source to post. It seemed like you googled the headline and then just grabbed the first one you saw. I'm also truly amazed that anyone in Ghana cares whether Bernie voters would vote for Hillary.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 PM

934 posts, read 595,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Remember all those PUMAS who said they weren't going to vote Obama?

They voted for Obama.
Many times out of anger ive said I wouldn't vote for Hillary. Once I calm down I realize I will, especially if Trump or Cruz are the nominees

Realistically I suspect about 10% of Sanders supporters to refuse to vote. That is typical during an election

Old 04-08-2016, 12:09 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere during the same period in 2008, about 35%+ of Hillary supporters weren't going to support Obama. They'll come around. She's doing better comparatively than Obama was at this stage when it came to support from the opponent's constituents.
Except for the fact that Hillary endorsed Obama in the end which led to her supporters supporting him in the end. There is no indication whatsoever that Bernie is going to endorse Hillary anytime soon. There is a lot more bad blood between Hillary and Bernie than there was between Hillary and Obama. Obama was never ever an outsider and he was part of the Establishment from early on. He received Ted Kennedy's endorsement and I don't think you get more Establishment than Kennedy. The Establishment did not fear an Obama candidacy since his positions were in line with the Establishment platform while Bernie is completely outside the Establishment platform.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:41 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
More bad news for Hillary. Now that she is having to defend herself as even being qualified to be President, a new poll shows that 1 in 4 Bernie supporters say they will not vote for Hillary. This after 8 years of Obama has driven millions away from the Democrat party.

New Poll: 25% of Sanders Followers Won't Vote Clinton
Trump should pick up some of Bernies supporters

Old 04-08-2016, 01:07 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Trump should pick up some of Bernies supporters
We've been thru this before. It was something like over 80% of Sanders supporters hated Trump. Keep dreaming...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections