U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM

17,535 posts, read 19,707,850 times

Advertisements

Cool... I'll go to the march!! Count me in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 03:46 PM

7,730 posts, read 12,690,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Cool... I'll go to the march!! Count me in!
Memorial Day weekend is the rumor. I'm in too. It's only 6 hours for me.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:46 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,339,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
I don't... but it doesn't stop me from volunteering my time or money. Do you think we can solve the problem of homelessness and hunger? If not, should we stop our efforts to combat them?

I wake up in the morning knowing that I am doing everything in my power to attempt to fix a situation that I see as broken. You may disagree with my assessment of the situation, or the means I take to remedy it, but I take offense when people criticize my actions to do what I feel is right.
Very well said !

Old 02-12-2008, 05:54 PM

746 posts, read 645,722 times
Ron Paul Rocks!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM

522 posts, read 871,929 times
Default If they annoy you so much...why are you on this post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I believe Libertarianism is outdated since 1812 and ignores modern foreign policy. I believe there is a reason, with all the money he raised, Ron Paul failed to generate any support among the populace.

I believe the Paul supporters who wrap him and themselves in the flag are welcome to their own political views, but they are just so annoying!

The only member of congress who has voted against all the things that are an affront to our freedom, the only one presidential candidate that will truly cut taxes, the only one who did NOT agree to the RFID ACT or NAFTA.
He never voted in a flip flop position, you know where you stand with him, and frankly, I would not consider the globalist agenda of those that the media are touting , against this country's best interest I might add.

I pray that not everyone will listen to what their television tells them to.

I pray further for this country.

I will be in Washington!!!!

I am voting for Ron Paul.

I refuse to cave in to the media and the big business agenda that they would have you believe is actually good for America.

I challenge you to actually compare the voting record of the other candidates and see who really voted in America's best interest, everytime.

To put Ron Paul in a category of "1812" is not fair nor realistic, he has outstanding ideas which I truly believe would work for this country, and since when did being honest get equivocated with "1812"!
Maybe some of the other candidates don't have anything else to put him in the "dirt" with, so they state that he is out of "sync" with reality? Is that it?

Well, here is some reality ...

YouTube - JFK-Secret societies PT2 - Unedited

Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM

522 posts, read 871,929 times
This is the ONLY President that will stop this!!!

NO MORE NAFTA /SPP/NAU /SELL OUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon people this is your chance to finally stand up, get up , go out and tell them what you think!!!!

YouTube - Uncovering the Conspiracy: Bank of America

Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,674,508 times
I'm so thankful RP is in this race. Keep it real and be honest, you'll be rewarded. He stays in the race all the way to the convention, I'll be very pleased. Stick it to the man Ron!!

Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM

7,730 posts, read 12,690,846 times
I remember when being patriotic was a good thing. I remember when you couldn't find American flags at Wal-Mart because they sold out so quickly. I remember when it was good to love America and what she is supposed to stand for. That was just 6 1/2 years ago. Now, actually doing those things and having a record to prove it wasn't just a political ploy makes people really hate you. I wonder why that is?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 PM

13,781 posts, read 23,755,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
Maybe some of the other candidates don't have anything else to put him in the "dirt" with, so they state that he is out of "sync" with reality? Is that it?

Well, here is some reality ...

YouTube - JFK-Secret societies PT2 - Unedited
What does the KGB, the Soviet Union and the Cold War have to do with this discussion?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 PM

2,787 posts, read 3,661,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The nomination, not without some serious brokering at the convention. The delegate scores reported by the media are not correct. Still, he has a long way to go to catch up to McCain. We will know more after the state conventions are held.

But he can influence the GOP almost as much as if he had. Remember, this isn't about Ron Paul any longer. It's about returning the GOP to conservative principles. They've paid a lot of lip service over the years. I suspect if Goldwater had actually won over Ford, the US would look a lot different than it does today.
goldwater over ford?huh????goldwater got the nomination and ran and lost to lyndon johnson.reagan ran against ford for the nomination/ford won nomination and lost to carter in the general election.12 years seperated the two events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or