Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:11 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I've found that those people who say they support the Constitution really are not that knowledgeable about it. Thurgood Marshall could say that he based his whole career on the Constitution and he was very critical of it.
I see. So you don't believe Paul. Any specific reason or just another generalization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 03:15 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
I believe Libertarianism is outdated since 1812 and ignores modern foreign policy. I believe there is a reason, with all the money he raised, Ron Paul failed to generate any support among the populace.

I believe the Paul supporters who wrap him and themselves in the flag are welcome to their own political views, but they are just so annoying!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I believe Libertarianism is outdated since 1812 and ignores modern foreign policy. I believe there is a reason, with all the money he raised, Ron Paul failed to generate any support among the populace.

I believe the Paul supporters who wrap him and themselves in the flag are welcome to their own political views, but they are just so annoying!
What? I thought we were talking about the Constitution? You went everywhere but there. Would you like to address where you believe he fails in his upholding of the document?

Modern foreign policy is not supported by the Constitution. Libertarianism is. Again, ignoring the lack of any media coverage (which you will claim is because he doesn't resonate), one can hardly expect any candidate to gather support.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:20 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Now that makes no sense whatsoever. Obama has way more (obvious from the votes) annoying support than Ron Paul.
I just find the Ron Paul supports have a more "in-your-face approach". I frequent numerous message boards and it the same thing on everyone of them. They bombard every site with a million news links or YouTube vidoes.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I just find the Ron Paul supports have a more "in-your-face approach". I frequent numerous message boards and it the same thing on everyone of them. They bombard every site with a million news links or YouTube vidoes.
On this forum right now, there is 1 Ron Paul headline. 7 for Hillary. 7 for Obama. 2 for McCain. And none for Huckabee.

Maybe we shouldn't submit so much.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:25 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Quote:
What? I thought we were talking about the Constitution? You went everywhere but there. Would you like to address where you believe he fails in his upholding of the document?

Modern foreign policy is not supported by the Constitution. Libertarianism is. Again, ignoring the lack of any media coverage (which you will claim is because he doesn't resonate), one can hardly expect any candidate to gather support.
Now did the Constitution foresee the Industrial Revolution? Probably not. Doesn't the 14th Amdt equal protection of laws make the Civil Rights Act redundant? Probably not. That document which is the source of our laws is subject to interpretation and change.

Is there an inalienable right to privacy? Even conservatives say so but it sure as h**l ain't in the Constitution.

Then comes the paranoia. 'If only we had fair media coverage Ron Paul would have won.' Success breeds success. The libertarian message is no new thing in the US -- it just never gained adherents. So, you Paul supporters, there's no conspiracy against you there just ain't that many people for you!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:27 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
On this forum right now, there is 1 Ron Paul headline. 7 for Hillary. 7 for Obama. 2 for McCain. And none for Huckabee.

Maybe we shouldn't submit so much.
Yeah because he is all but out of the race. Look back over the last year here on conservative-data.com, look in other forums like Immigration too, not just this one. I think all of the 8k Ron Paul fans are in the internet forums posting in a loop. Save yourselves some time and just write a macro or something.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Now did the Constitution foresee the Industrial Revolution? Probably not. Doesn't the 14th Amdt equal protection of laws make the Civil Rights Act redundant? Probably not. That document which is the source of our laws is subject to interpretation and change.

Is there an inalienable right to privacy? Even conservatives say so but it sure as h**l ain't in the Constitution.

Then comes the paranoia. 'If only we had fair media coverage Ron Paul would have won.' Success breeds success. The libertarian message is no new thing in the US -- it just never gained adherents. So, you Paul supporters, there's no conspiracy against you there just ain't that many people for you!
You still didn't address Ron Paul and the Constitution. You're talking about the document itself. Where has HE failed in following it over the past few decades?

The 4th amendment : papers, persons, house, effects. That's pretty much all of it as far as privacy goes, protecting us from government intrusion, not necessarily real privacy.

Painting a 10 term Republican as a libertarian is a self-fulfilling prophecy in itself. Doesn't it get annoying trying to dodge my actual questions?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yeah because he is all but out of the race. Look back over the last year here on conservative-data.com, look in other forums like Immigration too, not just this one. I think all of the 8k Ron Paul fans are in the internet forums posting in a loop.
He's far from being out of the race. He's received far more than 8k votes. Why do people not do their own research these days?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:31 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
He's far from being out of the race. He's received far more than 8k votes. Why do people not do their own research these days?
Ok 8,001 , that part was a joke, but I do think all of the RP supporters are members of this forum, have multiple accounts and send PM's to themselves at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections