Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 10:50 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Principles don't sit on the Supreme Court, people who are nominated by a president do.
We're still playing the fear game I see. If it's trump that was elected president. We really don't know who he would put on the court. He says he's going to delegated out to conservative groups. But if he gets bad treatment from them at the convention, that deal may fall through. If it was Cruz or Kasich. Yes we know what type of person they would put on the bench. Probably someone very much like Scalia. Which would basically mean par for the course. We would pretty much have the same thing as before.

It's actually conservatives that should be scared. This more of an opportunity to tilt the court toward the left. They should take the deal that Obama is offered them. Merrick Garland is another Justice Kennedy sometimes he'll be with progresses sometimes he'll be with conservatives. I think it's a fairly safe bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 11:53 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I would not like anyone in government who dislikes democracy.
I would not like anyone in government who dislikes this Republic. That counts out Hillary, Bernie and many R's as well.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:55 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
When Sec. Hillary Clinton locks up the Democratic nomination - will you vote for her or someone else? If you're not voting for Sec. Clinton, who will you vote for?

I ask due to the recent disparaging remarks made towards the Secretary from the Senator's side - some of the comments/statements are quite nasty and makes me wonder if certain people feel that way about the Secretary, then who will they vote for when Sen. Sanders doesn't win the democratic nomination?
Hillary won't lock the nomination up, but think she'll win after the Convention. With that said I am voting for Jill Stein.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:06 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hillary won't lock the nomination up, but think she'll win after the Convention. With that said I am voting for Jill Stein.
how do you define "locking up the nomination"? She will have more than enough delegates prior to the convention. Are you still spouting the false "they have to all be pledged delegates" nonsense? Hillary will win on the first ballot, that's what being the presumptive nominee means. Anything else is just an attempt by the Sanders campaign to keep the money rolling in long past the time his candidacy is dead.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
We're still playing the fear game I see. If it's trump that was elected president. We really don't know who he would put on the court. He says he's going to delegated out to conservative groups. But if he gets bad treatment from them at the convention, that deal may fall through. If it was Cruz or Kasich. Yes we know what type of person they would put on the bench. Probably someone very much like Scalia. Which would basically mean par for the course. We would pretty much have the same thing as before.

It's actually conservatives that should be scared. This more of an opportunity to tilt the court toward the left. They should take the deal that Obama is offered them. Merrick Garland is another Justice Kennedy sometimes he'll be with progresses sometimes he'll be with conservatives. I think it's a fairly safe bet.
The fear game? Do you mean I fear Donald Trump as president? Yes, I do. For the Supreme Court but for many other reasons. I think he is unfit for the presidency by both temperament and experience, and I truly fear where his irrationality would take this country.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:10 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
how do you define "locking up the nomination"? She will have more than enough delegates prior to the convention. Are you still spouting the false "they have to all be pledged delegates" nonsense? Hillary will win on the first ballot, that's what being the presumptive nominee means. Anything else is just an attempt by the Sanders campaign to keep the money rolling in long past the time his candidacy is dead.
She definitely won't reach that something 2000 mark of pledged delegates be shy by 100. Bernie will only trail her probably by 200. So the Convention is free game, but feel they will sway in Hillarys favor.

Still voting for Stein.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:15 PM

19 posts, read 239,663 times
Honestly? Either write-in Sanders or vote Green Party.

I can't bring myself to vote any other way.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:15 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,388 times
Default Bernie or Bust !

First of all Bernie can still win this.
I am voting ONLY for Bernie Sanders,
even if I have to write him in.

Bernie or Bust !

Old 04-21-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
She definitely won't reach that something 2000 mark of pledged delegates be shy by 100. Bernie will only trail her probably by 200. So the Convention is free game, but feel they will sway in Hillarys favor.

Still voting for Stein.
Hillary is well over target to hit 2026 pledged delegates and then some. She doesn't even need to win the majority of the remaining states, even though she almost certainly will end up winning some and further increase her lead.

Bernie is as far below target as she is above.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ets/democrats/

Old 04-21-2016, 12:48 PM

305 posts, read 179,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
MIGHT vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party.

Otherwise, I will probably not vote for anyone is most likely. Which is no problem with me...
This.

As I was sitting at our caucus and the guy talking to us all was saying how much he hoped we could all pull together and vote for the Dem nominee no matter who it was, to simply stop Trump or Cruz or whomever - I felt like shaking my head. All the talk of Dem's fears that Bernie will steal away Dem votes if he's not the nominee is nonsense.

If Trump becomes president it's not my fault, Clinton has failed to capture my vote and if she doesn't win it's because she failed to capture other voters, that's all there is to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections