U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 07:21 AM

45,083 posts, read 17,914,816 times

Advertisements

Ted said after losing Swing State Tuesday last March that any candidate who does not have a clear path to winning 1237 in the Primary, should get out.

It's now impossible for Ted Cruz to reach 1237. So where's his announcement that he is going to withdraw from the race?

i.e. They don't call him Lyin' Ted Cruz for nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkSdfEEb6Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 07:36 AM

2,377 posts, read 2,604,169 times
CRUZ GOT ZERO DELEGATES WHEN PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO VOTE! Why is this guy still running?

Old 04-20-2016, 07:37 AM

4,823 posts, read 3,479,016 times
I think he should get out and watch it implode. The GOP needs Cruz to stay in, to keep Trump from getting to 1237, Cruz had a slimmer of hope to get to 1237 himself which like trump is really his only path to the nomination, Cruz is just as unlikely to get the nomination in a brokered convention as Trump is.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:40 AM

1,179 posts, read 600,700 times
Both Cruz and Kaisich talk about democracy yet they are both gunning for a brokered convention and wishing that the GOP mafia hands them the nomination.

So long for the voice of the people huh?

Old 04-20-2016, 07:47 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,203,758 times
I'm already convinced that whomever wins the general in November, be it an R or a D.......We the people are already the losers.

With Cruz as the best choice, there clearly are no good choices.

A brokered convention offering a whole new set of candidates on both sides might be the best thing that could happen at this point. But that wont happen either.

CN.......

Old 04-20-2016, 07:49 AM

1,125 posts, read 504,982 times
Yes its sad Cruz and Kasich are not relying on voters but the rigged system.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:53 AM

11,758 posts, read 5,545,768 times
Mr. Trump has this under his total control. Once he wins 1,237 delegates, I can guarantee you that the other two clowns will drop out immediately. So, just go do it, stop whining.

Mick

Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,847,568 times
They don't call him lyin' Ted for nothin

Old 04-20-2016, 10:26 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,018,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ted said after losing Swing State Tuesday last March that any candidate who does not have a clear path to winning 1237 in the Primary, should get out.

It's now impossible for Ted Cruz to reach 1237. So where's his announcement that he is going to withdraw from the race?

i.e. They don't call him Lyin' Ted Cruz for nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkSdfEEb6Y
Well, I guess you didn't get the memo Ted Cruz lives by "Do as I say, not as I do." And, how dare you question a man that has been "anointed" by a cult "god" and Glenn Beck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
CRUZ GOT ZERO DELEGATES WHEN PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO VOTE! Why is this guy still running?
Deluded by self-love and hoping to continue to try to use deceit to be the nominee. It started with Carson and has been non-stop. Ted is delusional and dirty.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:44 AM

22,707 posts, read 16,817,419 times
I never signed up for his stupid emails, so it must have been done for me by some site that I read. Anyway, I periodically get his stupid emails begging for money. Today's takes the cake:

Quote:
Please read this!
Alright, just for laughs, let's do this:

Quote:
This could be the most important email I have ever written. I hope you will stop now and take a moment to read it.
That's what you said about the last 10 emails you've sent.

Quote:
Here's the situation: I'm making my best case to prove to you and the American people that I am best prepared to lead America for the next four years.
I need to ask you an important question: Will you make a key sacrifice in the next 24 hours?
Then you're not very good at making your case, because I'm not convinced at. all.

Quote:
I wouldn't ask you this if I hadn't already done it myself.

Please let me explain...

You see, running for President of the United States is a significant sacrifice. Only by the grace of God -- and with unwavering help from my wonderful supporters like you -- have we reached this point -- on the verge of capturing the Republican nomination.
The verge? Child, please. Even if you won every single delegate from here on out, you would not have the 1237 that you need. You're nowhere near the "verge", lyin' Ted.

Quote:
And while I'm on the verge of victory, I need to share something with you.

The sacrifices for our campaign are steep, but I'm proud to be making them on your behalf:
Proud, you say? Let's see how "proud" you are:

Quote:
>>> The constant attacks never stop: The liberal media, Hillary Clinton, and Donald Trump know the best way to defeat me and score another win for the Washington Cartel is to tear me down. I face a constant barrage of political and personal attacks daily.

>>> Time with my family is non-existent: Spending almost every day on the campaign trail means precious little time spent with my wife, Heidi, and my daughters -- the very family that gives me the motivation and drive to fight.

>>> Health and sleep are limited: Fighting morning and night for the future of our country ensures long nights and early mornings resulting in little to no sleep.

>>> Personal time is not possible: You think of this the least, but as a candidate, my days are no longer my own. Days start before dawn and many times don't end until early the next morning. There is almost no personal time when you run for president.
That sounds more like whining than pride. You are very good at whining, and if America needed a Whiner In Chief, you would be the one for the job.

Quote:
(My name), let me be clear.
Ack! Obama flashbacks. "Let me be clear...." I have learned is typically followed by a big, fat LIE.

Quote:
I'm willingly making these sacrifices -- despite the high cost...
You're not a martyr, stop acting like you are.

Quote:
I'm choosing to make them because I believe we live in a time where we will lose the very freedom and liberty we all cherish as Americans if good people don't make the selfless sacrifices necessary to secure both.
With you in the pocket of the establishment, that's exactly what will happen if you were to become President...which you won't, thank GOD.

Quote:
This campaign is a sacrifice not only for me, but also for my wife and daughters.
That's not my problem.

Quote:
I think you will agree with me that, though steep, these sacrifices are well worth it.
I think you need to discuss this with your family, because I'm not your psychologist.

Quote:
So, today I'm asking you to make an important sacrifice with me, (My name).
Oh, I've already sacrificed...my time, listening to you lie through your teeth, pound on the podium with your index finger, use underhanded dirty tricks, and have to see your ugly mug all over the internet.

Quote:
Will you join me by making a special, sacrificial gift to my campaign in the next 24 hours?
Yes! I will sacrifice my time to tell everyone about Donald J. Trump! Good plan!

Quote:
I've asked my team to put together these secure links below so you can make an instant and secure sacrificial gift -- it can be done in just five minutes or less:

I CAN SACRIFICE $35 TO RESTORE AMERICA

I CAN SACRIFICE $100 TO RESTORE AMERICA

I CAN SACRIFICE $250 TO RESTORE AMERICA

I CAN SACRIFICE $1000 TO RESTORE AMERICA
Good to see that you're willing to put up your own money for this campaign...oh...wait.

Quote:
Voters are going to the polls again today. So, I'm asking courageous conservatives like you stand up and fight with me. Will you make a special gift to help restore America?
Yes! I think I might buy a Trump t-shirt! Good plan!

Quote:
I wouldn't ask you if 1) I wasn't willing to make the same sacrifice myself; and 2) the stakes weren't so high.
The stakes ARE high! You should drop out and get behind Donald J. Trump since you have absolutely NO WAY of getting the 1237 delegates.

Quote:
(My name), time is critical, and if you will, please make this special gift in the next 24 hours -- Heidi and I would be so grateful.
What do I care what Heidi wants? Again, seek therapy.

Quote:
For liberty,
For lies!

Quote:
Ted Cruz
You mean, "Lyin' Ted Cruz".

This reeks of desperation. Hey, Cruz, just ask your establishment peers to help you out with the money. I guess them handing you a bunch of delegates wasn't enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections