Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:54 PM

9 posts, read 20,870 times

Advertisements

I just feel that after the election no matter who wins,
both Hillary and Obama should try to work together,
and bring the Democratic Party to a level that no one
thought could be possible.I mean Unite and use our votes
to put a Democrat in office.So that we can show the world
that we as Americans can be a united USA. Show the World
that we are a compassionate Nation.A nation that cares not
only for our Country, but for the rest of the World also. I think
that if we can do this,Unite as Democrats and Republicans.
We can be the Super Power that every Nation and State can
look up to and maybe love not hate us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM

240 posts, read 1,284,346 times
If Hillary loses to Barack, I wonder if she'll be able to support him actively. After all, the Clintons were no shows with Gore and Kerry. They don't really seem to be interested in the party, just themselves. They both have huge egos, which is not to say that politicians on the whole do not have huge egos. But the Clintons even surpass that 'norm.'

Hillary Clinton is also fairly close to John McCain. That might affect her post-campaign support of Obama.

On the other hand, I can see Obama doing everything in his power to support Clinton if she is the nominee, and to unite the party.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:27 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Lightbulb Why Obama is winning!

1. He's not a Bush

2. He's not a Clinton

3. He's running a good campaign

Old 03-02-2008, 04:36 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonwoodland View Post

And sit down at the table,
A table who invites all,
A table for the ignored

................or re-ignored

or...those that were forgotten.

FORGOTTEN!

And then I forgot....

my

peanuts....

Nuts?

Who you calling NUTS?

rAcisM.

All around.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Sometimes when you look for Gold,you find Gold.
Sometimes when you look for Trouble,you find Trouble.
Sometimes when you look for Racism you find Racism.
I think people should, look for Positive not Negative.
It boils down to this. people get old and in that transition from young and old,
we try to become more self enlightened. We try to walk a straight and narrow path.
in doing so Racism should not exist in our minds and hearts,and in turn Racism will
not exist in our World.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonwoodland View Post
No matter what happens, I don't think the Democratic party is going to be united. Check out some of the Democratic boards, the Obama and Clinton fans are chewing each other up. I'm a lifelong Democrat, but I've been bitten by the bug myself. This goes on much longer, and I have a feeling John McCain is going to be our next president.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 PM

98 posts, read 325,351 times
Obama is winning with the help of the media!! That can easily be seen by anyone!!

It is sad how they keep building him up!! but Hillary will fight!! Texas and Ohio will get it right!! like California got it right!!

Obama has been winning the white voters who are more conservative than Hillary. I think Obama is getting the moderate and independent vote!

I am still surprised how he has been winning so much. It is scary. I think it must be his newness. I think his newness outweights the fact that he is black.......and guess what folks!! he is only

HALF BLACK!! this is why whites vote for him!! He speaks like he is white!! He is like Bill Cosby! He can communicate with whites and get their attention!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 AM

98 posts, read 325,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
George W. Bush is a product of Harvard too ...

or didn't you know that?

You also bring race into it in several of your points. But yet his mother was white. It's a shame that his mother's family ceases to exist in Obama's supporter's eyes.

Obama isn't necessarily winning, he hasn't won anything officially, except some primaries and caucuses. He's proving to be the most popular right now, but the proof in the pudding is if he WINS the party nomination and WINS the election in November.
I think the Bushies are Princeton people!! GW got in because of his daddy. He passed because of his daddy too!! And it just goes on and on from there!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 PM

711 posts, read 932,721 times
Smile Big Obama

I don't know all the reasons Obama is winning--there is probably much substance to the comments on the many posts.

Change--well I don't expect change that I know will take much more than any Pres. to be able to implement. The entrenched benefactors will not allow change to interfere with their bottom lines--Obama or no Obama.

It would take more than lofty self-evaluating nerds to convince me that false inspiration is the key to leadership. Personally I must have trust--my candidate must be reasonably trustworthy. I cannot feel comfortable with Obama, thus I would not vote for him.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:04 PM

I am constrained to remind you that,we as Americans need more than just
ill natured whining beings, to tell us how the United States is lacking in leadership.
I assume all of us wants a candidate we feel we can trust,and i know that we all
aren't comfortable with obama. But i am glad that we live in a Country where we
can all state our differences and still live in peace,and respect for our neighbor.
I trust that we have all been angry at some point in our lives.But i wonder, could we
take the good with the bad and make it better? I do not believe inspiration and the
word false should be used in the same text. I think and am told that Human Government in the conduct of material affairs, will continue to function through out
this age and ages to come.with relative progress and perfection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections