Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 PM

208 posts, read 507,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonwoodland View Post
My son has a masters in Theology,and i am so proud of him.for the first time
in his short life,I looked at him and he was very worried ,i asked him what was
wrong, he said with watery eyes dad i just wish every one would stop bashing
each other.Don't they know that we are all of the same race,color is what it is
color,and that's it.we are all of the same race.the same being.I just feel that if
we don't all find a way to be as one which we are,something very real and big is
about to happen.something that we all can't even imagine.I just think he just mi
ght be right.something is going to happen and if we all can't get past the way
we all are different,but alike in many ways.we are going to loose the whole planet.

Death is inevitable. Something is going to happen! We are in the last days. Now, humanity may survive another year or 100 more years, but it is certain that humanity will not survive another 1000 years. We are living in a pressure cooker, about to explode any minute. It's just a question if you believe there is life after death or not. I personally believe in God and eternal life and that's what is important to me. Not Obama, Hillary or McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 03:47 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
I was in elementary school lol! But what does that has to do with anything now hillary has proven she has what it takes to lead america.
Thats funny. Here is some advice for you. Turn off the TV, stop listening to your garbage biased groups and actually go out and read about her record, her husbands presidency and here is a good one, look up "Whitewater" and the Clinton's involvement.

So what is her voting record?

What bills has she authored/co authored?

Have you read or heard most of her comments over the past 16 years on various positions?

Or are you just pro Hilliary because your pals all say she is good? You need to bahahahahah ack up your candidate. Following the herd will only lead you to steep cliffs.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:49 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonwoodland View Post
My son has a masters in Theology,and i am so proud of him.for the first time
in his short life,I looked at him and he was very worried ,i asked him what was
wrong, he said with watery eyes dad i just wish every one would stop bashing
each other.Don't they know that we are all of the same race,color is what it is
color,and that's it.we are all of the same race.the same being.I just feel that if
we don't all find a way to be as one which we are,something very real and big is
about to happen.something that we all can't even imagine.I just think he just mi
ght be right.something is going to happen and if we all can't get past the way
we all are different,but alike in many ways.we are going to loose the whole planet.
Tell him to don't sweat it. Everyone loves to claim we are at dooms door, but the fact is this sort of garbage has been going on since the beginning of time. Its not the end of the world, its business as usual.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:23 PM

9 posts, read 20,873 times
Nows the time to stand up, go out side and take in a Big Breath of Fresh air. Now clear
your mind of everything. Look around, Don't you just love the fact that we can disagree
with one another, and not have to worry about what could happen to you for saying how
you feel about the way you feel this Country should be run.and who should run it.even though we are disagreeing with one another now,once the Nation has made it's choice
let's remember,the rest of the World is watching,and some of them don't have the freedom that we have. Our Country is great and in our hearts, we all Know this. so let's all go out and vote what is in our minds and hearts. and may the best Man or
Woman Win. P.S. I just hope that all of you will see that now is the time for change
and i feel in my heart Obama is the man who will bring Republican's and Democrat's
together as one.To form a powerful and compassionate Nation this world is yet to see.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:48 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,105 times
Arrow You're too young to know any better...

Quote:
I am black as well and hear the same thing from my family and friends. Although blacks make white people show some type of concern on black issues obama is allowed to ignore them. Which in turn has made him arrogant to the point that he never bothers with any of our issues because he knows most of us are still gonna vote for him. And this makes me mad because we should make him work for our vote.
maddy1980; I am sorry, but this makes no sense. Blacks cannot make anyone show concern about black issues and Obama does not and has not ignored them. Are you familiar with his work in Chicago before becoming a Senator? Just because he doesn't rant and rave about injustices that often times don't exist, like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, doesn't mean he isn't for equality. What would you know about "our" issues? You are still young. Sorry if this offends you, but you were in elementary school when the Clintons began their reign in the White House. Most older voters know that another Clinton will not help this country. Obama is far from arrogant. He is in fact, more humble then his competitor Hillary. And no, he doesn't need to work for our vote; he's earned it.

Quote:
Obama does a lot of talking but never says anything so how is he inspiring anyone. Obama is winning mainly because the media is able to influence so many weak minded individuals to vote for him.
The media is merely reporting on the fact that he is inspiring and winning in states where there is very little black representation. If you fail to be inspired by him it's because you are simply "ignorant" to what he is saying...I suspect because you were still crawling when he was earning a law degree from Harvard .

Old 02-17-2008, 12:12 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Thats funny. Here is some advice for you. Turn off the TV, stop listening to your garbage biased groups and actually go out and read about her record, her husbands presidency and here is a good one, look up "Whitewater" and the Clinton's involvement.
And when you look up whitewater, make sure to post how you learned that the multiple investigations, costing tens of millions of dollars, all absolved the Clintons of any wrongdoing.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:21 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,105 times
Thumbs down Just Plain Silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Really? I thought it was because he's for change! Change change change! Everything in his campaign shouts "CHANGE":

Change You Can Believe In
This is What Change Looks Like From the Bottom Up

but I have yet to hear how he's going to change anything...

This blog entry sums up pretty well how I feel about Barack Obama and his "change". I'd like to know just how he plans on changing anything! What a bunch of horsepuckey.

Also noted on the train yesterday:

An older African-American gentleman was speaking to what looked to be a Caucasian-American gentleman about the campaign. The AA mentioned how tired he was of the racism in this country. The CA asked who he was voting for, and the AA held up his arm and pointed at his skin, saying, "You see the color of my skin? If the candidate is this color, that's who I'm voting for."

Wow, tired of racism, eh?
First of all, you say "what looked to be a caucasian...", why even tell this story? What is the significance? And, did you hear the entire conversation? So because one AA says this is the reason he's voting for Obama, it must be the reason all AAs are voting for him??? What about the voters in Iowa, Utah, and Nebraska...not a lot of AAs in these states.

A racist is not what the AA is obviously if he is talking to a CA on the train and the CA felt comfortable talking to him and asking who he was voting for!

Please tell us you teach your children better...people like you are exactly the reason we need change...from your type of mindset that is.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:27 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
If you fail to be inspired by him it's because you are simply "ignorant" to what he is saying...I suspect because you were still crawling when he was earning a law degree from Harvard .
Here it is again. An "enlightened" Obama fan feeling the need to insult other people who haven't been stunned by the BO charm offensive.

Make no mistake, Jaded -- I have a graduate degree (since this seems important to you) and am about the same age as Obama but I do not support his candidacy. In fact, I think that just about any other candidate from either side, except Kucinich, would make a better president than Obama. One term as a U.S. senator -- with much of that being spent on a presidential campaign -- does not adequately prepare one for the nation's highest office, particularly at this time with the sad state of affairs Bush has bequeathed.

No amount of preaching, chanting, slickly played racial cards, or stadium revivals starring Oprah can change my estimation. And when you and your candidate further insult and label those who don't support him, that simply affirms the decision I (and others) have reached.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:57 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Lightbulb Why Obama is winning!

There's a lot of analysis paralysis in this thread. It's not really all that complicated. Obama has had a greater appeal to more voters, so far. This primary season isn't over, though. Hillary could make a comeback. On March 4th, we'll know for sure, in all likelihood.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:10 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,293,459 times
Why is Obama winning?

Two major factors ...

Oprah ... the power of her endorsement can't be underestimated. That's when he became a serious candidate.

And the fact that when it comes down to it, people really don't like Hillary Clinton.

Ultimately, she's unelectable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections