Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 11:10 PM

953 posts, read 837,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I see Hillary is still ordering custom clothing courtesy of Omar The Tentmaker.
Rumor has it that "Tentwear by Omar" gave her a better price ... and women love a bargain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,829,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

You notice that the Media hing the word pivot on Trump because he used the word Senator. That alone should indicate how nutty the Media has become.
They do this to everyone. If it weren't for the media (both positive and negative) he wouldn't have come so far in this campaign. However, I do agree with you that the people in the media are nutty. It's worse on social media. I've heard at least 3 people on TV mention the "Senator Cruz" thing.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,829,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Commentators have noted Mr. Trump's recent pivot to appear more presidential and to refrain from unfiltered tweets and personal attacks. I think it's working for him.

For the general election, if Hillary wins the nomination, she would need to pivot back to the center somewhat, as she had to move to the left in her primary fight with Bernie.

How effective are these pivots in rehabilitating a candidate for the general election? Do the electorate typically forget everything that transpires before the pivot?

Mick
I don't think it matters. By now almost everyone has decided on a candidate. I always get a kick out of the CNN post-debate talks during the general election when undecided voters are asked if anything discussed during the debate helped to solidify their choices. Exit polls in New York showed that 82% of all voters were not influenced by the last debate. I think the question was something like "when did you decide?" or "have you changed your mind in the last few days?"

Old 04-20-2016, 11:26 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,357,471 times
Quote:
You use words like hate politics, buffoonish, clown mojo, yet you support the most corrupt politician in our lifetime. I'll take Trump, Cruz or Kasich any day over the sleazy corrupt Hillary.

I'm going to enjoy watching Trump destroy Hillary in the general.

TRUMP 2016
Trump deserves to be called much worse. He's an embarrassment to humanity.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:30 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,233,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
A pompous embarrassment vs a shrill incompetent. What a thrilling prospect this election presents.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:14 AM

29,175 posts, read 22,153,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think it highly depends on who is doing it. Obama was allowed to do it with impunity while Romney was stuck with super glue to every word, blink, and nod he made. Trump is allowed to do or say whatever he pleases right now, it's going to get real ugly if he ends up running against Hillary.
Yup. Trump has the same teflon coating. He's perfectly comfortable with turning on a dime. I think that's what makes the difference. Mitt was never comfortable with any kind of turn.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:56 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,634,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I don't blame you for not defending Clinton. I have yet to meet anyone that can.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:14 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't think it matters. By now almost everyone has decided on a candidate. I always get a kick out of the CNN post-debate talks during the general election when undecided voters are asked if anything discussed during the debate helped to solidify their choices. Exit polls in New York showed that 82% of all voters were not influenced by the last debate. I think the question was something like "when did you decide?" or "have you changed your mind in the last few days?"

Occasionally something happens that seals the deal for a lot of people. For Romney, I think it was that 47% statement. (The 47% he didn't care about.) That was a really huge turnoff.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:18 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
Quote:
I don't blame you for not defending Clinton. I have yet to meet anyone that can.
I don't think a lot of us feel a need to defend Clinton. She is what she is. She's been very good for a lot of people and the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:36 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,357,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. Trump has the same teflon coating. He's perfectly comfortable with turning on a dime. I think that's what makes the difference. Mitt was never comfortable with any kind of turn.
<looks at Donald's disastrous favorables with pretty much anyone who isn't a White conservative Male>

Sure about that?

Quote:
Hillary doesn't need defending, especially when the other side is touting a halfwit like Donald Trump. She would eat his lunch on any issue you can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections