Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 05:38 PM

25,571 posts, read 21,753,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am afraid you're mistaken. Republicans who are African-American or Hispanic would support Mr. Trump. I don't necessarily understand the mentality, but listening to Ben Carson talking about how Harriet Tubman should not be on the new $20 bill might offer a glimpse.

Mick
You are correct. Most people vote the issues, not an issue but the issues.

I would have voted for Hillary in 2008. I did not vote for Obama. I will vote for Trump, Sanders or 3rd party only depending on who has the best overall plan when it is time to "shop and compare".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 05:39 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,578,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It's your vote, but read what you just wrote. I have no idea how voting for Dr. Stein (or Gary Johnson) would do anything to fight for the causes you enumerated. But it's a free country, and Democrats would not have had your vote anyway.

Mick
Can't trust Hillary rather have a vote I trust even though they wont win

Old 04-21-2016, 05:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,817,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I think due to his comments about Mexicans, there will definitely be some crossover votes against Trump by Hispanic Republicans. There are a number of non-Mexican Hispanics who found Trump's comments about Mexicans offensive. Incidentally, this afternoon I did some grocery shopping at a Hispanic supermarket chain that's located in a mostly Hispanic neighborhood with a heavily Hispanic clientele. Outside the store, there was a woman from an organization which helps people register to vote. As people walked into the store, she'd ask them if they are registered to vote.

I'd say the overall anti-Trump movement is very strong, and I'd guesstimate that there are many nationwide drives similar the one I saw today, to try get Hispanic people registered to vote (against Trump of course).
OTOH; several of my Latino friends DO want Trump to win cause they're beyond pissed at the illegal alien problem in the US.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:12 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,815,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am a Republican, so I will vote for Trump. If it is Cruz vs Clinton, I think I will vote for cruz
Early on I probably could have pulled the lever for Donald, but not after his threats to Heidi and his buddy printing the disgusting smear in his rag.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:56 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,578,671 times
What if it is Trump/Kasich vs Hillary/Sanders

Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,219,983 times
Quote:
I think due to his comments about Mexicans, there will definitely be some crossover votes against Trump by Hispanic Republicans. There are a number of non-Mexican Hispanics who found Trump's comments about Mexicans offensive. Incidentally, this afternoon I did some grocery shopping at a Hispanic supermarket chain that's located in a mostly Hispanic neighborhood with a heavily Hispanic clientele. Outside the store, there was a woman from an organization which helps people register to vote. As people walked into the store, she'd ask them if they are registered to vote.

I'd say the overall anti-Trump movement is very strong, and I'd guesstimate that there are many nationwide drives similar the one I saw today, to try get Hispanic people registered to vote (against Trump of course).

I'm half latino and what Trump said about what goes on everyday in the border is correct and many latinos think the same way but are not open about it. They are fed up with illegal immigration and this wave of violence and foreigners thinking the laws doesn't apply to them waving the Mexican flag in our faces instead of the American Flag and want to bring their culture here and ignore our ways and rules.

Not all Latinos support what Mexico is doing and what goes on in the border that affects mostly the latino communities in the states with high crimes and higher unemployment.

Its more offensive that Latinos ignore what Mexico is doing and what goes on the border and think by bashing Trump that the problems will go away.....I call them low information voters who get their news from Jorge Ramos and the hacks at Telemundo and Univision who are owned by big corporations who want open borders and amnesty for cheap labor screwing the working class and the security of our country.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:11 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,219,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Early on I probably could have pulled the lever for Donald, but not after his threats to Heidi and his buddy printing the disgusting smear in his rag.

Heidi? I didn't know Heidi was above the issues of our country.

That's like not voting for Trump because he said things about Rosie O'donnell or the bimbos at the view......I didn't know Heidi was a deal breaker for you.

but you can support a guy that is against all abortions including rape and incest.....so if HEIDI gets kidnapped and constantly raped, your guy would be against her having an abortion?.....stop the B.S. , you know Rafael will take her personally to the abortion clinic for his wife to get the abortion fast!

I find this particular view a deal breaker for any candidate.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:42 AM

37,733 posts, read 40,776,995 times
Quote:

Donald Trump overwhelmingly wins Hispanic vote in New York City

"Despite calling for a “big, beautiful” wall at the Southern border (which Mexico will pay for), the deportation of all illegal immigrants, and labeling some Mexicans rapists and drug dealers, businessman Donald Trump won more than half of the GOP Hispanic vote in New York City, according to exit polls. All told, in areas with at least a 50 percent Hispanic population, Mr. Trump won 61 percent of the vote within the city, according to the New York Times vote tracker. It’s an unexpected victory to many political pundits and establishment Republicans who were sure, Mr. Trump would repel the Hispanic vote through his bombastic statements and immigration plan."

Donald Trump overwhelmingly wins Hispanic vote in New York City - Washington Times

Old 04-22-2016, 03:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,983,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm a Democrat. I won't vote for Hillary Clinton under any circumstance. I'll vote for Trump if he is the nominee. .
Whats the point of being a Democrat or a Republican if you can switch parties on a whim?
Isnt there a set of core political beliefs that differentiate the two parties? i dont understand how people can so easily jump from one party to the other giving no relevance to party differences.
Theres some major philosophical differences between the two parties that transcend who is implementing those policies.=
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Democrat_vs_Republican

Old 04-22-2016, 03:13 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,837,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Whats the point of being a Democrat or a Republican if you can switch parties on a whim?
Isnt there a set of core political beliefs that differentiate the two parties? i dont understand how people can so easily jump from one party to the other giving no relevance to party differences.
Theres some major philosophical differences between the two parties that transcend who is implementing those policies
It's called being a LOW. INFO. VOTER.....

They vote for the funniest guy, or the guy who's the underdog, or just the guy they like the best. etc. etc. I suspect their vote has very little to do with actual policy. They have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections