Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 09:42 PM

7,600 posts, read 8,655,046 times

Advertisements

The OP started this thread after I started this one, which hits the nerve:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...tons-wall.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 07:37 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,312,088 times
I don't need to see Bernie tax returns, I already know he's poor.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:17 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,130,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
The OP started this thread after I started this one, which hits the nerve:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...tons-wall.html
nope, zero nerves struck. Hillary already said she's not releasing the transcripts until everyone else does. That's besides the fact that only someone delusional thinks there is anything incriminating given that these were publicly made statements and it would have come out long ago if she did make some illicit deals.

However, Bernie has promised multiple times to release his tax returns and meet the standard expected from all candidates for president. But he keeps lying about having released them already - false, and then keeps lying some more that he will be doing so. He said 2015 would be released as soon as it was filed - it was due on Monday, but still nothing. Plus going back several years, where Jane's financial problems will start coming to light.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:37 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,932,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You do know that those fees were in fact donated to charity, right?

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/about/speeches

And don't bother to start arguing about the Clinton Foundation. It's real and it does good in the world. When you have started your own charitable foundation, I'll listen to what you have to say.
Wha- what she donated to herself?!!! How kind and what a wonderful deed. She has my vote now!!

Old 04-22-2016, 03:51 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,324,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Wha- what she donated to herself?!!! How kind and what a wonderful deed. She has my vote now!!
Anyone dumb enough to believe the Clintons are compassionate needs a good Psychiatrist.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:15 PM

18,433 posts, read 15,189,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No faux outrage, just disgust that this self proclaimed populist and man of the people deducted $9,000 in business lunches. A single mom could feed her entire family for two years on that.

Then again, he also took hundreds of thousands of dollars of campaign donations to pay for his Pope stalking. I hope he hasn't burned through all of his personal money because when the FEC reviews that one, he's going to be asked to pay it back as it's not a valid campaign expense. But I'm sure the lobster sliders they had on the plane were delicious!
I'm no Bernie fan, but $9000 in business meals is not as big a deal as you are making it out to be. Business dinners often involve large groups of people. And you can't exactly bring them to McDonalds. And unlike the single mom, you can't expect Bernie to go to the grocery store, but the food, and cook it for them.

I sometimes have to pay for business dinners for 10 people, where the check comes out to $1000 for 1 meal, drinks and tip. I don't like it, because it is still money that is coming out of my business, but at least I don't have to pay taxes on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections