Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:10 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times

Advertisements

If sanders supporters truly believe in his entire platform, they absolutely would not support Clinton. I am far from a supporter of his and think he has no basis in economic reality, but if his supporters line up behind Hillary, his 'revolution' will basically be for nothing. Nothing will change. The party will operate under it's cronyism as usual.

Could that tactic be responsible for putting trump into the White House? Yes. But 1) it's insane to think of trump as some radical, dangerous candidate, and 2) how else do you push long-term change?! Hillary losing to trump would be the only thing that brings the Democratic Party / elite to the drawing board and think how the party needs to change.

Basically, the republican establishment has conceded they would rather Hillary vs. Their own candidate of trump. Is it bc trump is soo radical and dangerous? No, it's bc trump could mess with the status quo, the entire corrupt system. Bernie supporters that get behind Hillary would be saying the same thing - they are okay with her corruption and being the epitome of all that is wrong with the entire political system.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:17 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
If sanders supporters truly believe in his entire platform, they absolutely would not support Clinton. I am far from a supporter of his and think he has no basis in economic reality, but if his supporters line up behind Hillary, his 'revolution' will basically be for nothing. Nothing will change. The party will operate under it's cronyism as usual.

Could that tactic be responsible for putting trump into the White House? Yes. But 1) it's insane to think of trump as some radical, dangerous candidate, and 2) how else do you push long-term change?! Hillary losing to trump would be the only thing that brings the Democratic Party / elite to the drawing board and think how the party needs to change.

Basically, the republican establishment has conceded they would rather Hillary vs. Their own candidate of trump. Is it bc trump is soo radical and dangerous? No, it's bc trump could mess with the status quo, the entire corrupt system. Bernie supporters that get behind Hillary would be saying the same thing - they are okay with her corruption and being the epitome of all that is wrong with the entire political system.
100% correct.

It's like dealing with a kid throwing a tantrum in the store. Even if you ignore their tantrum for 20 minutes straight, if you eventually break and give in to the kid's toy demands, not only will that reinforce that behaviour, it will teach them that going forward, they should scream and stomp for even longer to get what they want, rather than figuring out that that sort of behaviour isn't welcome, and that they need to act right.

I'm not going to help reinforce to the DNP that I'll accept corruption if it's force-fed aggressively and persistently enough. Sorry. The DNP needs to get the message that this BS is no longer being tolerated, and that won't happen if I resign myself and say, "alright, alright, you win, I'll vote for you". And then wonder why nothing changes.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:27 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
I might vote Trump

Old 04-26-2016, 10:34 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I might vote Trump
Same here. Either that or a third party. I'm leaning towards third party, since being in California, my Republican vote would matter just as little as a third party vote would, so why not vote for a third party candidate who is the most compatible with me on the issues, and simultaneously send a message that I'm not happy with the entire 2-party system. If I just vote for Trump, that can be confused with just being a Republican ticket vote.

But ultimately, my vote is going to be an anybody-but-Hillary vote, one way or another.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:55 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
..., since being in California, my Republican vote would matter just as little as a third party vote would,....
From 1968 through 1988, California went Republican in every presidential election.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:06 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Same here. Either that or a third party. I'm leaning towards third party, since being in California, my Republican vote would matter just as little as a third party vote would, so why not vote for a third party candidate who is the most compatible with me on the issues, and simultaneously send a message that I'm not happy with the entire 2-party system. If I just vote for Trump, that can be confused with just being a Republican ticket vote.

But ultimately, my vote is going to be an anybody-but-Hillary vote, one way or another.
Think Trump will get booted out of the GOP run 3rd. Vote Trump vote a Dem controlled Congress is my thinking.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:10 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Think Trump will get booted out of the GOP run 3rd. Vote Trump vote a Dem controlled Congress is my thinking.
The voters won't forget ACA for a while. ACA is what filled the presently constituted Congress. Talk about a pissed-off electorate.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:44 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Sanders supporters will be joining us in supporting Trump. It's a corrupt system and a vote for Corporate Ho Hillary is a vote for corruption.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
At least on Reddit, lots of former Bernie supporters are now supporting Trump. They can't see where Crooked Hillary has anything for them.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:06 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You've got to stop being divisive, and come together around Mrs. Clinton's candidacy.

The Benghazi B****, no way.... I would rather see Trump win than her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections